Rise Glorious

Tman44

God Father of Soul
AD Danny White announced "Rise Glorious" today. This is an all encompassing five year initiative to bring Tennessee athletics to the pinnacle of college sport. I really, REALLY like AD White. He has done an excellent job fund raising thus far and I expect great things for Tennessee athletics under his watch. "SEC and National championships" will be our expectations going forward.

Tennessee Announces 'Rise Glorious' Strategic Athletic Plan

AD Danny White announced "Rise Glorious" today. This is an all encompassing five year initiative to bring Tennessee athletics to the pinnacle of college sport. I really, REALLY like AD White. He has done an excellent job fund raising thus far and I expect great things for Tennessee athletics under his watch. "SEC and National championships" will be our expectations going forward.

I read this, this morning. AD White will return UT sports to glory. I truly believe that. We couldn't have asked for a better hire for AD.

I read this, this morning. AD White will return UT sports to glory. I truly believe that. We couldn't have asked for a better hire for AD.

First, "rise gloriously" is a rather bizarre (perhaps even ridiculous) name for an athletic plan. It sounds like a church hymn. Are they handing out bibles with the plan?

Second, we had an excellent year last year--won, what, 4 or 5 SEC titles or tournament titles, and I think all were by teams with coaches who were not hired by White. I'm perfectly happy with the guy, but not sure where all this White praise comes from. If Heupel--a White hire--gets us back to the top in football, then he will deserve a lot of credit, but that's a big if. It IS past time for the Vols to win a national championship in a team sport. We did win a national championship in men's doubles tennis last year--not to be sniffed at. We've got an outstanding men's tennis program.

First, "rise gloriously" is a rather bizarre (perhaps even ridiculous) name for an athletic plan. It sounds like a church hymn. Are they handing out bibles with the plan?

Second, we had an excellent year last year--won, what, 4 or 5 SEC titles or tournament titles, and I think all were by teams with coaches who were not hired by White. I'm perfectly happy with the guy, but not sure where all this White praise comes from. If Heupel--a White hire--gets us back to the top in football, then he will deserve a lot of credit, but that's a big if. It IS past time for the Vols to win a national championship in a team sport. We did win a national championship in men's doubles tennis last year--not to be sniffed at. We've got an outstanding men's tennis program.

Always some one around to piss in your wheaties

Words to the “Alma Mater” are

“On a hallowed hill in Tennessee / Like a beacon shining bright / The stately walls of old UT / Rise glorious to the sight.

Refrain (after all three verses): So here’s to you, old Tennessee / Our Alma Mater true; / We pledge in love and harmony / Our loyalty to you.

What torches kindled of that flame / Have passed from hand to hand / What hearts cemented in that name / Bid land to stranger land.

Oh, ever as we strive to rise / On life’s unresting stream / Dear Alma Mater, may our eyes / Be lifted to that gleam.”

The expectation for football to win a conference championship once every four years is a bit comical considering it’s been 23 seasons since the last title (without OU and Texas in the mix). If White & Huepel can pull this off theyshould have statues next to Neyland.

The expectation for football to win a conference championship once every four years is a bit comical considering it’s been 23 seasons since the last title (without OU and Texas in the mix). If White & Huepel can pull this off theyshould have statues next to Neyland.

Agree: But winning championships, traditional regional rivalries and all the pomp that went with it--they've taken a back seat to greedy quest for more money---bigger TV-rights contracts. Money-grubbing is what is driving nearly all big athletic departments these days--and with conferences getting absurdly, ridiculously big, the chances of us actually winning the SEC in football again have grown very, very small. Fans can dream, but it's going to be extremely difficult--and that's now true for a lot of programs, not just us. TV-rights money is nice, sure--but greed is ruining college athletics just as it ruins other aspects of life.

Words to the “Alma Mater” are

“On a hallowed hill in Tennessee / Like a beacon shining bright / The stately walls of old UT / Rise glorious to the sight.

Refrain (after all three verses): So here’s to you, old Tennessee / Our Alma Mater true; / We pledge in love and harmony / Our loyalty to you.

What torches kindled of that flame / Have passed from hand to hand / What hearts cemented in that name / Bid land to stranger land.

Oh, ever as we strive to rise / On life’s unresting stream / Dear Alma Mater, may our eyes / Be lifted to that gleam.”

I know it comes from the Alma Mater, but it's sounds more like an Easter Sunday sermon title than an athletic-department plan.

Who pissed in your corn flakes. If you can't see the overall improvement and "team" philosophy stretching across all aspects of the athletic department, you're either blind, ignorant, or both.

Why can't you enjoy progress, appreciate increased funding and be happy that things are looking up?

Some people will b****ch about anything. Gmmeeeeeee a break!!!!!!!!!!!

This has "brick by brick" vibes to it. I firmly believe AD White is the right man for the job. This could have been a memo circulated amongst all the coaches and support staff leading Tennessee athletics letting them know what the expectations moving forward are.

Always some one around to piss in your wheaties
Think we are going to have some very good teams in revenue generating sports under AD White. Really like the guy. Young & aggressive. But football ain’t coming anywhere close to a national championship in the next 5 years. I see us going 6-6 this fall. Loses to Bama, FL, GA, Pitt, KY & SC. All have good QBs that will eat us up in 4th qtr. Just don’t have the depth on defense yet. Hate on me all you want.

Think we are going to have some very good teams in revenue generating sports under AD White. Really like the guy. Young & aggressive. But football ain’t coming anywhere close to a national championship in the next 5 years. I see us going 6-6 this fall. Loses to Bama, FL, GA, Pitt, KY & SC. All have good QBs that will eat us up in 4th qtr. Just don’t have the depth on defense yet. Hate on me all you want.

6-6... Your wrong... and I hate on you.

This has "brick by brick" vibes to it. I firmly believe AD White is the right man for the job. This could have been a memo circulated amongst all the coaches and support staff leading Tennessee athletics letting them know what the expectations moving forward are.

He said in an interview today that publicizing it for fans and stakeholders helps connect them to the program and helps hold Tennessee administrators and coaches accountable to their stated goals.

Reactions: VolDaddy61

VN Store

Back