Riley to USC…the inevitable Josh Heupel to OU freak out thread

Bob didn’t want any part of the SEC and the guy he helped get the job didn’t either.

Oklahoma fans have every right to be pissed this puts them in a bad light and look weak.

I don’t see Heupel going to OU at this time in his career. Might be a concern if he has continued success here and Klingsbury or whoever they do hire doesn’t pan out. But if we have 4 to five years of success there would be a long list of coaches who would want to come here. No need to worry for the next few years. I’m worried more about who our QB is gonna be next year if Hook leaves..

Reactions: BIGORANGEBUBBA
Doesn’t matter if it’s 3-4 years or 3-4 days. What teams are always in the top 5, top 10, top 25. How many SEC teams are going bowling this year? Which teams are moving up and getting better?
Yeah Saban will retire someday, maybe 3-4 years, but they are stocked and loaded. same with Georgia, Florida will only get better, same with LSU, KY has been improving, and now we have a coach that has a team bought in to lay the foundation for the future. Vandy, unfortunately will always be Vandy, sorry Commodores. It is what it is.
So yeah, go work at a place with beautiful weather and an easy schedule to make it into the playoffs.
Makes perfect sense.
The reason why the SEC has so many bowl eligible teams every year is because most play 4 little sisters of the poor in non con games when we move to 9-10 conference games that will drop the number of bowl eligible teams.

So, until Heupel says that he is not interest in leaving UT for Oklahoma then don't count it out. Just like USC and Lane kiffen, if Oklahoma runs out of options they will come calling Heupel unless he shuts that door before they get a chance to even consider him. I just don't see that many candidates turning down that job to where the search even gets to Heupel. Could be wrong but I say Heupel is here for a while.

Last edited:
Reactions: tribe80
I said S Cal beaches. You may not know it but San Fran is over 400 miles away. That's like saying Knoxville and Memphis are one and the same. Can you visit the Smoky Mtns in Memphis?

Maybe you said S Cal beaches, but he didn’t. Why don’t you just admit you’re wrong?

I said S Cal beaches. You may not know it but San Fran is over 400 miles away. That's like saying Knoxville and Memphis are one and the same. Can you visit the Smoky Mtns in Memphis?
Are you REALLY so behind on news that you are unaware of the RASH of smash and Grab burglaries wrecking ALL of California lately ? I just picked the first article. So here you go. Does BEVERLY HILLS count as Southern California? I can continue searching for you if you don’t want to do it yourself
Beverly Hills: Recent smash-and-grab robberies prompt ramped up police patrols along Rodeo Drive - California News Times

Will Tennessee get enough buyout money to pay off Kevin Steele and the revolving door of AD's these past few years?

Lol then USC isnt either because they haven't been relevant in what 10 or 12 years or in a college footbal playoff. OKLAHOMA is discussed yearly
I see your point. I was thinking top jobs in terms of desirability for coaching candidates. But you may be right

My oldest just text me saying that OU has reached out to Heupel, he said NO. I didn't follow up with who had been reporting it. By looking at Heupel, he's exactly where he wants to be, call me naive, that's my opinion. Coach isn't going anywhere. GBO!!
Where are you getting that info from and by that I mean your son

My oldest just text me saying that OU has reached out to Heupel, he said NO. I didn't follow up with who had been reporting it. By looking at Heupel, he's exactly where he wants to be, call me naive, that's my opinion. Coach isn't going anywhere. GBO!!
I really hope you are right. I just remember how floored I was when Kiffen bolted. That left some scars that still haven’t healed

VN Store

Back