Riley to USC…the inevitable Josh Heupel to OU freak out thread

Can you link your source?

Don’t need a source at the moment champ. Sankey isn’t an idiot and come out say they will be until the buyout has been negotiated.

I don’t see them waiting until 2025, that’s too big of an investment to wait that long.

Don’t need a source at the moment champ. Sankey isn’t an idiot and come out say they will be until the buyout has been negotiated.

I don’t see them waiting until 2025, that’s too big of an investment to wait that long.

So you can link your “source”? It’s a yes or no question.

CJH leaving (not saying he will, but IF) would further put a nail in our coffins. With the current recruiting class already…Not great, we’d have fallout there, compounded with our low roster numbers and no news in the NCAA investigation. We’re in a worse place now to make a hire than we were last year. Would be an absolute disaster to lose him in year 1 as it stands.

As Tennessee fans we should hope the school pays any coach that’s done a good job for us. Like what happened with Barnes. And by all accounts I’d say he’s earned that extension. We’ve remained a top performing and recruiting program since that contract extension.
We pay a lot of money to support the school so our school should absolutely pay whatever is necessary to keep our successful coaches. If they go cheap and allow coaches to leave while replacing them with inferior talent… That’s just really crappy as an administration. That means the administration is only worried about their bottom line and not worried about the on the field/court performance
Barnes is the 5th highest paid coach in the country, never won a national title and has never sniffed a final 4 at UT. He's the 2nd highest paid coach in the conference and has never won a conference title. Honestly, he's made UT a respectable program but not close to eaening elite money. Ironically the guy UT would have hired if Barnes had left is doing much better at ucla.

Reactions: jeff1vol
Paying whatever to keep Barnes here was a million times better than letting him walk to UCLA and having to press restart on the basketball program. Sometimes paying to keep things from blowing up is the better outcome than rolling the dice.
Not really, the guy that UT would have hired to replace Barnes is making final 4 runs at ucla.

Reactions: usagary and FBtime
OU has already stated Bob Stoops will coach the bowl game. He must still be a
major part there, since he was in meeting when it was announced to players that
Riley was leaving. Maybe he come back as full time coach.

Danny White can go get his first choice last year, Elliott at Clemson, now. I’ll bet he takes it this year.

Reactions: Wireless1
Only the dumbest of our fans actually believe Lane would come back here.
He’s a continual drama Queen and if there isn’t enough controversy at any given moment to feed his ego he goes and makes some. I hope he never comes back here and it isn’t because he jilted us I just don’t want a mental 10 year old for a head coach.

This is why I am glad we have Danny White. Heupel builds his legacy with US. Just because a guy plays for a school that doesn't mean that's his dream job. Personally, I'd want to be in a system with people I enjoyed and one with a vision. I believe the connection between our AD and coach is a really good thing,

This is why I am glad we have Danny White. Heupel builds his legacy with US. Just because a guy plays for a school that doesn't mean that's his dream job. Personally, I'd want to be in a system with people I enjoyed and one with a vision. I believe the connection between our AD and coach is a really good thing,
I’m glad we have White for no other reason than we now have a competent AD who can properly execute a coaching search if required. That’s the most important part, the relationship with White and Heupel is just bonus.

VN Store

Back