Rickea Jackson to Tennessee

But tagged me?! @LadyOrange was correct, you and your sidekick like to keep up mess. I’d explained it already and I’m POSITIVE y’all saw it, yet still wanted to keep it up. It was childish and weird! View attachment 442676
Right, because the post I saw was asking about the person who had the inside info saying she wasn’t coming, so I tagged the person that made the claim. I honestly didn’t see your post where you explained the incorrect information you received. What mess are you referring to? It was over yesterday, but your home girl brought it up again. Be mad at her.

Not to be the hall monitor, but with respect: 1908 with the fake insider info was wrong as hell, duly noted. Let's let it go now. You all brought the CJ delusional stalker drama back into this thread, which is objectively bad. Messing up the vibe.
It wasn’t “fake” it was wrong, however not FAKE! Let’s get that understood! I don’t come on here claiming to be an “insider” at all so let’s not put that label on me!

Of course "do we really need Rickea" is embarrassing dumbassery.

But I'm a brain seizure fan who thinks we need to be really careful bringing in more. Depth is great, but our house is crowded. Our house is so built on culture, I just think every addition, especially now, has to be totally vetted and well-considered.

On paper, our need now is a back up post, but remember, it will have to be exactly that - someone willing to play sub minutes. Of course subbing for the foul plagued TK is probably almost start mins.

Eventually it always settles around an eight or nine player main rotation. Minutes are going to be cut for players currently getting them. It's great to have this problem because it signifies a new day in LV life. They just have to manage carefully and I'm sure they will.

the house can be crowded if there are no selfish members.
I mean 15 is only 2 more than 13

and yes an 8-9 rotation,,,but what a great luxury for blowout games if you can throw 5 out there and rest your 10 for the next real game.

And if all 15 play to the team standard, you have three sets of 5 in 5 out's
I prefer 13, but if it means opening up my roster to include someone I want, who, equally important, wants to play for me...cha ching!

Reactions: GameTime
Our house needs shooters and ball handlers and good passers. Players that will box out and hustle and move and not stand. Get players that play hard start to finish. GBO

I'm no professional basketball coach, but to my eye Tennessee currently runs a "going-through-the-motions" offense instead of a motion offense. It doesn't appear to have a useful purpose outside of giving the players an opportunity to run seconds off the clock while moving in a figure-8 pattern. As CoachJ said above, the motion offense has to be practiced, and Practiced, and PRACTICED AND PRACTICED, and with a clear understanding of what to look for while they are in motion. Just making a fun shape is not the purpose; getting someone open IS.

All that said, I suspect the staff made the decision that there isn't enough time in practices to spend on that offense to get everyone -- THIS YEAR, with so many fresh additions -- so many hours and hours and hours of repetitions that muscle-memory takes over. My hope is that next year more time can be spent teaching and practicing that offense.

Christ, the Uconnies are telling everyone about the game again, they just can’t help themselves, they have to tell everyone how the game is played. They have the patent on bb knowledge you see.
When one cannot argue the facts, the attack the messenger.

She shoots a pure 28% from 3.
I don't think we're bringing her in to shoot 3s. . And I'm not sure 28% is an accurate assessment. Look at her freshman stats. She was 48% fm the field and 41% on 3s over 33 games, astonishing stats for a freshman. In her covid shortened soph yr fell to 29% and then down to 24% in her 15 games this yr.

Why the sharp drop off? For one thing the last two yrs were smaller sample sizes , fewer games. For another, both were abnormal, effed-up seasons for her due to 2 plagues, Covid and the Hayes. Not sure those stats are representative.

Her overall fg% also dropped, from 48 to 42, but not near as sharply and still dang nice for a team that shoots as poorly as ours. I see Jackson as more a slash to basket and mid range scorer. J. Powell is who I want to see sharpen her 3 pt skills. I want Powell, Puckett and Pissott, the 3 Ps, to put up most of our 3s. So an occasional one from Jackson/Horston is just gravy.

the universe works in mysterious ways because we can kinda thank Ex Lady Vol Anastasia Hayes for driving Rickea out of Missippi without her Rickea would have most likely stayed there and rode out her last season she is fiercely loyal belive it or not

I wish I could like this post a thousand times !!!😈

the universe works in mysterious ways because we can kinda thank Ex Lady Vol Anastasia Hayes for driving Rickea out of Missippi without her Rickea would have most likely stayed there and rode out her last season she is fiercely loyal belive it or not
At least we got something out of the Hayes's that wasn't negative.

J. Powell is who I want to see sharpen her 3 pt skills. I want Powell, Puckett and Pissott, the 3 Ps, to put up most of our 3s. So an occasional one from Jackson/Horston is just gravy.
Truth. That can do it.

I don't think we're bringing her in to shoot 3s. . And I'm not sure 28% is an accurate assessment. Look at her freshman stats. She was 48% fm the field and 41% on 3s over 33 games, astonishing stats for a freshman. In her covid shortened soph yr fell to 29% and then down to 24% in her 15 games this yr.

Why the sharp drop off? For one thing the last two yrs were smaller sample sizes , fewer games. For another, both were abnormal, effed-up seasons for her due to 2 plagues, Covid and the Hayes. Not sure those stats are representative.

Her overall fg% also dropped, from 48 to 42, but not near as sharply and still dang nice for a team that shoots as poorly as ours. I see Jackson as more a slash to basket and mid range scorer. J. Powell is who I want to see sharpen her 3 pt skills. I want Powell, Puckett and Pissott, the 3 Ps, to put up most of our 3s. So an occasional one from Jackson/Horston is just gravy.

If you look at Jackson's frosh year 3FG shooting, that % is based on making a mere 13 threes. 13-31 indeed translates to 42%, yet a limited sample. In her soph and junior seasons she took twice as many attempted threes and her 3FG% dropped to 29.5% and subsequently to 24.3%. She does not qualify as much of a pure three gunner of note. Her overall FG% and attempts are the opposite in that she took 400+ as a healthy fros, and then in lesser games about 300 shots apiece in her soph and junior seasons. Nevertheless, her FG% went from 48% to 42% to 41%. That suggests her mid-range and drives are not as high a % of a typical pure shooter's pace.

LV Nation should cheer for the return of Frosh Jackson's shooting eye. But if she is taking 400+ shots, which Tenn players will give up 100+ or more of their shots to feed Jackson's higher amount of shots?

VN Store

Back