Rickea Jackson to Tennessee

In six years I have only seen two recruits that I have DM'd go elsewhere and I am still in contact with both...one went to GA

Jillian Hogshead now at GA and Morasha Wiggins (I am still in touch with her dad, Harold).
Other than these two,,the other recruits that I have spoken with has signed.
And BTW I don't just jump ot there and DM anyone UT goes for,,,get real!

Lastly, if you know anything about the soc-media I use,,,then you know that there is an option to: receive DMs, no DM's or block DM's.
I have only been blocked by one recruit
and we got her too!

I got here late so sorry for the interruption, but what capacity are you functioning in for the University to take Bold Steps to DM future players.

Really seems awkward to do so and really not a good look unless you are functioning in some capacity for the University.

If you are, then you should know the contact rules and if you are not then you need to step away from the Bar.

Just gonna say for the few "fans" suggesting, "that gee, the LVs don't need another really good player because they already have some good players" must be having brain seizures. Since when did the LVs, in the glory days, worry about having too many McD All-americans? [Sorry Tameka, we already got Chamique so you should go to Uconn]

I have never seen Geno or Tara declining commits from top 5 recruits because they have "enough quality players."

This "do we really need Rickea" discussion, again coming from just a few, is just weird "concern trolling." We have gone from "Kellie can't recruit and she's might get fired because of it" to, "Kellie's recruiting too well and she might get fired because of it..." Freakin' insane.

The LVs are currently an offensively challenged team who will be losing a key scorer next season to the WNBA. Pretending that a freshman, even a highly ranked one, is going to immediately solve all these problems is a denial of reality. And yes, we can expect some improvement from returning players, but factoring that in, to think that this defensively oriented team, does not still need additional scoring punch is inexplicably denying the current state of the team.

Jordan will need an experienced offensive partner next season and she is getting that in Rickea Jackson. And let's not forget that, as we have seen this season, depth is vital to weathering the storm of a long season.

Last edited:
Not to be the hall monitor, but with respect: 1908 with the fake insider info was wrong as hell, duly noted. Let's let it go now. You all brought the CJ delusional stalker drama back into this thread, which is objectively bad. Messing up the vibe.

Sometimes, the kids need a hall monitor for their own good......

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I got here late so sorry for the interruption, but what capacity are you functioning in for the University to take Bold Steps to DM future players.

Really seems awkward to do so and really not a good look unless you are functioning in some capacity for the University.

If you are, then you should know the contact rules and if you are not then you need to step away from the Bar.
I also vaguely remember Wiggins dad alluding to Tennessee fans being "crazy" and an overall negative influence on her choice to attend UNC instead.

Why don't you just answer my question.....instead of deflecting it to Call Wiggins. Hard to believe you are on a Msg Board touting all this and have the blessings of the University.

I am in no way officially connected to the U of TN,,,
also,,not a booster

I can't picture Kim pulling enough good transfers to be a serious threat next season. I think it'll take her another year of rebuilding before LSU becomes a problem again. So with Rickea coming in, it truly is between us and SC in the SEC, and we will be legit contenders not just "hope and pray" contenders. We do need to backup post player to be rock solid, but will have enough offensive options to compensate in case we can't pull anyone out of the portal.

LOL Never really thought you were connected to the University. Your Services are not needed, then. So STFU.
blow-kiss-kissing.gif

I can't picture Kim pulling enough good transfers to be a serious threat next season. I think it'll take her another year of rebuilding before LSU becomes a problem again. So with Rickea coming in, it truly is between us and SC in the SEC, and we will be legit contenders not just "hope and pray" contenders. We do need to backup post player to be rock solid, but will have enough offensive options to compensate in case we can't pull anyone out of the portal.
agree,,,a true 6'4" or taller Big!

Just gonna say for the few "fans" suggesting, "that gee, the LVs don't need another really good player because they already have some good players" must be having brain seizures. Since when did the LVs, in the glory days, worry about having too many McD All-americans? [Sorry Tameka, we already got Chamique so you should go to Uconn]

I have never seen Geno or Tara declining commits from top 5 recruits because they have "enough quality players."

This "do we really need Rickea" discussion, again coming from just a few, is just weird "concern trolling." We have gone from "Kellie can't recruit and she's might get fired because of it" to, "Kellie's recruiting too well and she might get fired because of it..." Freakin' insane.

The LVs are currently an offensively challenged team who will be losing a key scorer next season to the WNBA. Pretending that a freshman, even a highly ranked one, is going to immediately solve all these problems is a denial of reality. And yes, we can expect some improvement from returning players, but factoring that in, to think that this defensively oriented team, does not still need additional scoring punch is inexplicably denying the current state of the team.

Jordan will need an experienced offensive partner next season and she is getting that in Rickea Jackson. And let's not forget that, as we have seen this season, depth is vital to weathering the storm of a long season.
Of course "do we really need Rickea" is embarrassing dumbassery.

But I'm a brain seizure fan who thinks we need to be really careful bringing in more. Depth is great, but our house is crowded. Our house is so built on culture, I just think every addition, especially now, has to be totally vetted and well-considered.

On paper, our need now is a back up post, but remember, it will have to be exactly that - someone willing to play sub minutes. Of course subbing for the foul plagued TK is probably almost start mins.

Eventually it always settles around an eight or nine player main rotation. Minutes are going to be cut for players currently getting them. It's great to have this problem because it signifies a new day in LV life. They just have to manage carefully and I'm sure they will.

VN Store

Back