Rick Barnes discussion [merged]

His best days are long gone.

He isnt coming close to earning his money.

But hey - the new AD is a bball guy - pressure going to be on Barnes - no more coasting!
Barnes will retire in the next season or two and wont be fired

Total indictment on Barnes abysmal recruiting of big men that he has to post-up his freshmen to score in the paint.

We can do better
I don't think Tennessee can hire any better since they're not an elite team and probably never will be. Tennessee will be good enough to consistently make the NCAA Tournament and that's about it.

I don't think Tennessee can hire any better since they're not an elite team and probably never will be. Tennessee will be good enough to consistently make the NCAA Tournament and that's about it.

I disagree Pearl did very well here - even better than - get this --- Barnes....

Reactions: 1985Vols
Damn commentators talking about Barnes' stories rather than his wins and/or coaching prowess. Give me a break - the guy who's right hand man said he earned the right not to go on the road to recruit.

Damn commentators talking about Barnes' stories rather than his wins and/or coaching prowess. Give me a break - the guy who's right hand man said he earned the right not to go on the road to recruit.
"Say what you want about Barnes but he is a winner" Commentator just said that and went on to list his accomplishments at Texas

"Say what you want about Barnes but he is a winner" Commentator just said that and went on to list his accomplishments at Texas

they talked more about his stories than his wins... lol...

Pearl was better in his 6 years here than Barnes - so does that make Pearl a hall of fame coach. Barnes' roster is a freaking wreck. and he is being gifted 5 mill a year - top 5 money in college basketball but not even top 10 results.

Reactions: Tnphil
He can’t shoot for them or make them take better care of the ball. As a coach your best teaching tool is sitting 🪑. Nothing should get your attention more than that.

Ah there it is... It's the players' fault not Barnes - the guy getting paid 5 mill per year. Of course, what's the matter with me - its the players' fault. Freaking coach worshippers.

Heck Pearl was better than Barnes in the same number of years at UT.

We only up 8 vs 6-12 vandy team, with half its starters out....but Bailey is doing well. He got a lot of points, he ain't playing defense tho. Our guards are getting owned around the 3pt line. Pump shine , doesn't change the fact this preseason top 10 team has problems .

I find the anti Barnes crowd are more annoying than the ones that are still behind him.

VN Store

Back