Rick Barnes Article

I know we are fussing about espn+, I can understand it. However I bought it yesterday, will keep it through March. I don't mean to sound like an idiot but is espn3 now espn+? Is it that they are just making us pay for it now?

I was able to get the Murray St game through the app with Comcast in Nashville but not the game yesterday. Why???

Reply to myself here. Lol. I was thinking about the UNC Asheville game. It was on SEC Network + that I got through the app. The Murray St game was on regular SEC Network I think. I really hope UT doesn't have anymore games only available on ESPN+. That would be crap and there was no reason to not have the game yesterday on a regular channel. Vols were playing a good, ranked opponent.

Reactions: Larkin
Looks like the Vols only have one more game "scheduled" to be on ESPN+. The Jacksonville St game. The rest appear to be on regular network channels. At least, according to utsports.com.

The only legit explanation for this yesterday is that college football was on literally every other channel I checked. So, maybe this was the conflict.

Reactions: vol94
I was able to get the Murray St game through the app with Comcast in Nashville but not the game yesterday. Why???

Same thing with Fios in Baltimore. Assumed Iā€™d get the Washington game just like the Murray State game.

Ended up listening to the radio broadcast.

I listened to the game yesterday on the VOLS radio network and it brought back memories of listening to John Ward and the Bernie and Ernie games on radio decades ago. Surprisingly I enjoyed yesterday's broadcast and picturing in my mind the on court action as it was described by Bob and Bert. TV is great but radio still has it's charm. Now if we can only bring back the Saturday night radio "Pick of Dixie" football games. šŸ˜

I know we are fussing about espn+, I can understand it. However I bought it yesterday, will keep it through March. I don't mean to sound like an idiot but is espn3 now espn+? Is it that they are just making us pay for it now?

No, ESPN3 is available through your cable package and still exists. Basically if your cable package has at least ESPN and ESPN2, you have access to ESPN3. And now I think most of them (Xfinity, DirecTV, etc) actually have ESPN3 through their boxes.

Reactions: chuckb1448
Looks like the Vols only have one more game "scheduled" to be on ESPN+. The Jacksonville St game. The rest appear to be on regular network channels. At least, according to utsports.com.

The only legit explanation for this yesterday is that college football was on literally every other channel I checked. So, maybe this was the conflict.

Gave you a like. Exactly- college football dominated all the sports channels Saturday.

I listened to the game yesterday on the VOLS radio network and it brought back memories of listening to John Ward and the Bernie and Ernie games on radio decades ago. Surprisingly I enjoyed yesterday's broadcast and picturing in my mind the on court action as it was described by Bob and Bert. TV is great but radio still has it's charm. Now if we can only bring back the Saturday night radio "Pick of Dixie" football games. šŸ˜
I miss the classic calls from Ward too. But Bob does not bring back those memories for me. When listening to him I spend too much time trying to figure out who the h**l he is referring to and what the h**l the actual play was

ESPN+ seems like extortion. I thought I had gone ahead with it when I got ESPN the Magazine - I rarely read - delivered. I know that used to come with all the ESPN premium services. But now they have added another way to take our $$$ with the ESPN+. It seems to be a con job and I have trouble supporting this obvious ploy to take more of our money - particularly give the manner in which ESPN has historically treated the Lady Vols - supporting the UCONN job of underhanded recruitment of Maya Moore -offering a future ESPN job, and their blatant support of Woodson's Heisman win over Peyton.

I know this is a cliche but there is an easy solution to all of that...

ESPN runs multiple networks on basic cable. They are going to put what they think will have the highest ratings on those channels. Anything that won't fit will go elsewhere. I'm not really seeing the problem. If you don't want to pay 5 bucks to watch the Vols play, then don't.

ESPN+ seems like extortion. I thought I had gone ahead with it when I got ESPN the Magazine - I rarely read - delivered. I know that used to come with all the ESPN premium services. But now they have added another way to take our $$$ with the ESPN+. It seems to be a con job and I have trouble supporting this obvious ploy to take more of our money - particularly give the manner in which ESPN has historically treated the Lady Vols - supporting the UCONN job of underhanded recruitment of Maya Moore -offering a future ESPN job, and their blatant support of Woodson's Heisman win over Peyton.

A business tries to get a consumer to buy more of their product in the most capitalistic country in the world. Story at 11.

Reactions: maxorange
I know this is a cliche but there is an easy solution to all of that...

ESPN runs multiple networks on basic cable. They are going to put what they think will have the highest ratings on those channels. Anything that won't fit will go elsewhere. I'm not really seeing the problem. If you don't want to pay 5 bucks to watch the Vols play, then don't.

I find it hilarious that people wonā€™t spend $5 bucks for a Tennessee basketball game when back in the day you had to pay $30 and drive down to your local cable store to pick up equipment to watch a UT Football game just 15 years ago.

VN Store

Back