Richmond is taking down Confederate statues: Is this the end for other Confederate memorials?

“They should be permanently removed and either destroyed or sunk in the ocean for a fishing/diving reef: the Graveyard of the Confederacy.”

— GEORGE E. PICKETT V

“We name things after people we value and we name things that we value after people who we value even more. In my eyes this is a no-brainer. … It’s a heritage that needs to be disowned.”

— ROBERT W. LEE IV

Delingpole: Cathedral May Remove Statue of First Christian Roman Emperor

Constantine-York-640x480.png

Another day, another infuriating news story about a well-loved statue being considered for removal because someone, somewhere has claimed to be offended by it.

This time it is a statue of the Roman emperor Constantine outside York Minster which is being ‘looked at’, supposedly after complaints from nameless members of the public.

Constantine is known as the First Christian Emperor — and is venerated as a saint in both the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches. But he spent much of his life as a pagan (only converting to Christianity on his deathbed), and, it’s this — apparently — which has offered the chink in his armour to his woke critics. Like every other Roman of his class, Constantine would have kept slaves. And the fact that this happened 1,700 years ago when they did things differently appears to be no defense.

Delingpole: Cathedral May Remove Statue of Roman Emperor

Because changing the official State Flag or "symbol" that is the representation of your State not just Nationally but across the world is a big deal and should be decided by the citizens of that State.
Why is changing the state flag a big deal?
It represents the people of the state. The new flag will still represent the people of the state.

Unless there was some state law saying the flag can only be changed by a vote of the people would this argument matter.

Some people dont like the old flag, even beyond the inferred racism; some people wont like the new flag, even without the inferred loss of heritage.

Deck chairs on the Titanic.

“They should be permanently removed and either destroyed or sunk in the ocean for a fishing/diving reef: the Graveyard of the Confederacy.”

— GEORGE E. PICKETT V

“We name things after people we value and we name things that we value after people who we value even more. In my eyes this is a no-brainer. … It’s a heritage that needs to be disowned.”

— ROBERT W. LEE IV

So we should listen to the descendants of some generals about the value they assign to things, but not the descendants of other confederates about the values they assign to things?

I love the inconsistency.

Why is changing the state flag a big deal?
It represents the people of the state. The new flag will still represent the people of the state.

Unless there was some state law saying the flag can only be changed by a vote of the people would this argument matter.

Some people dont like the old flag, even beyond the inferred racism; some people wont like the new flag, even without the inferred loss of heritage.

Deck chairs on the Titanic.

Don’t you think the question would be why did they not let the people it represents vote on it coming down , but will allow them to vote on the new one going up ? Unless of course there’s a law stating a new flag must be voted on before being accepted as it’s official flag . It’s not about the Titanic , it’s about the chair you could have just as easily put in the life boat . #AllChairsMatter

Don’t you think the question would be why did they not let the people it represents vote on it coming down , but will allow them to vote on the new one going up ? Unless of course there’s a law stating a new flag must be voted on before being accepted as it’s official flag . It’s not about the Titanic , it’s about the chair you could have just as easily put in the life boat . #AllChairsMatter
I guess I am asking a question here. Is there a law one way or the other that the people have to vote to remove/replace the flag?

Otherwise is sounds like typical community involvement. City finds issues X Y Z and the citizens get input on the changes, not if the change happens.

Reactions: GordonC
I guess I am asking a question here. Is there a law one way or the other that the people have to vote to remove/replace the flag?

Otherwise is sounds like typical community involvement. City finds issues X Y Z and the citizens get input on the changes, not if the change happens.

I honestly can’t remember, I worked in Mississippi when they voted on keeping it the first time and I have family that live in the state , but that’s been many years ago now and I can’t remember why it was a vote instead of what’s being done now .

I honestly can’t remember, I worked in Mississippi when they voted on keeping it the first time and I have family that live in the state , but that’s been many years ago now and I can’t remember why it was a vote instead of what’s being done now .
My current understanding is that it's an OR situation. It can either be changed by public demand OR it can be top down from the government to change.

I havent seen anything saying otherwise to say that Mississippi is doing something wrong.

There is a difference between agreeing/disagreeing and right/wrong.

Confederate monuments should be on battlefields & museums!! They said!!

We said they will go after them there just wait!! And we were right again!

Reactions: FLVOL_79
Delingpole: Cathedral May Remove Statue of First Christian Roman Emperor

Constantine-York-640x480.png

Another day, another infuriating news story about a well-loved statue being considered for removal because someone, somewhere has claimed to be offended by it.

This time it is a statue of the Roman emperor Constantine outside York Minster which is being ‘looked at’, supposedly after complaints from nameless members of the public.

Can't wait to see the Pyramids and all those other Egyptian monuments be torn down. Roman ruins? Time to go as well.

Constantine is known as the First Christian Emperor — and is venerated as a saint in both the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches. But he spent much of his life as a pagan (only converting to Christianity on his deathbed), and, it’s this — apparently — which has offered the chink in his armour to his woke critics. Like every other Roman of his class, Constantine would have kept slaves. And the fact that this happened 1,700 years ago when they did things differently appears to be no defense.

Delingpole: Cathedral May Remove Statue of Roman Emperor

Ooh..they said "chink in the armour"...they are done.

That being said it sure seems like left wing morons are desperate to erase every White historical monument across the globe. Must trigger them like those evil Buddhas did the Taliban.

— GEORGE E. PICKETT V

— ROBERT W. LEE IV

Typical White guilt cucks.

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Outkast earlier stuff was legit but the later stuff wasn't great imo. But UGK was and is where it's at, far and away the better duo. When you go on someone else's track, as a guest and take it over like they did with big pimpin.......I always thought Jay z was overrated though too gimicky..

Wow to a lot of this

I see your weak attempt at compassions and raise you one that your OutKast boyz can’t touch . I believe we should move the statues to a battle field and then starting making statues of these legends all over the country based on your theory ..

7F5433B1-C247-42BA-B0D0-1995394E8632.jpeg

Last edited:
Which parts

I think Outkast's entire library is awesome, the UGK comment is wild, and tho I'm not a huge Jay Z fan, it's a unique opinion. It's all a matter of opinion, so whatever, just surprised by it.

Speakerbox/Love Below is like one of four diamond album rap albums in history, and it's deserving of that distinction. ATLiens is probably my favorite beginning to end, but the double album is so original and it works. Stankonia is the weak link, but still solid

Their should be one in McComb, Mississippi 😪

No sir that’s getting too close to the massive statues we are going to put up of Jerry Clower at McComb and Liberty . Put that much awesomeness too close together my cause an explosion .

I think Outkast's entire library is awesome, the UGK comment is wild, and tho I'm not a huge Jay Z fan, it's a unique opinion. It's all a matter of opinion, so whatever, just surprised by it.

Speakerbox/Love Below is like one of four diamond album rap albums in history, and it's deserving of that distinction. ATLiens is probably my favorite beginning to end, but the double album is so original and it works. Stankonia is the weak link, but still solid
The Jay z opinion is far from unique. Outkasts later stuff was top 40 geared and while it worked as a general recipe they developed it lacked almost every other way. There was some catchy stuff but much like Jay z was very gimicky and lacked the true hunger and grittiness. I'm very partial to ugk they stayed real even with relative success. And they always took over the track they were on.

The Jay z opinion is far from unique. Outkasts later stuff was top 40 geared and while it worked as a general recipe they developed it lacked almost every other way. There was some catchy stuff but much like Jay z was very gimicky and lacked the true hunger and grittiness. I'm very partial to ugk they stayed real even with relative success. And they always took over the track they were on.

Of course it lacked the grittiness. They weren't gritty anymore, they were different people by then. There's more to rap than that. It sucks when somebody goes from making gangster rap to hollow party music, but that's not what they did. The 2 big hits from the album were pretty commercial (yet still unique), but most of the rest were out there and interesting. I doubt they made that album thinking it would be their best seller

Statue Destroyed Of Famed Black Abolitionist Frederick Douglass On Anniversary Of Notable Speech

A statue of famed black abolitionist Frederick Douglass was destroyed at Maplewood Park in Rochester, New York, over the weekend, which comes on the anniversary of a notable speech that Douglass delivered at an Independence Day event in the city in 1852.

The destruction of the statue comes as far-left rioters have destroyed numerous historical statues and monuments in recent weeks, including “statues of former Presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Ulysses S. Grant, and attempted to destroy the statue of former President Andrew Jackson before being stopped by law enforcement,” The Daily Wire reported. “Statues of the man who wrote “The Star-Spangled Banner,” a notable person from the Catholic church, and a Holocaust memorial have also been destroyed in recent days.”

Statue Destroyed Of Famed Black Abolitionist Frederick Douglass On Anniversary Of Notable Speech

VN Store

Back