Richmond is taking down Confederate statues: Is this the end for other Confederate memorials?

Statue Destroyed Of Famed Black Abolitionist Frederick Douglass On Anniversary Of Notable Speech

A statue of famed black abolitionist Frederick Douglass was destroyed at Maplewood Park in Rochester, New York, over the weekend, which comes on the anniversary of a notable speech that Douglass delivered at an Independence Day event in the city in 1852.

The destruction of the statue comes as far-left rioters have destroyed numerous historical statues and monuments in recent weeks, including “statues of former Presidents George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Ulysses S. Grant, and attempted to destroy the statue of former President Andrew Jackson before being stopped by law enforcement,” The Daily Wire reported. “Statues of the man who wrote “The Star-Spangled Banner,” a notable person from the Catholic church, and a Holocaust memorial have also been destroyed in recent days.”

Statue Destroyed Of Famed Black Abolitionist Frederick Douglass On Anniversary Of Notable Speech
I had no idea that Frederick Douglass was a member of the confederacy.

Apologize for what?

EcPyyN8WkAQhvbO

I can't wait to see the mental midgets who tore down Douglass's statue.

Douglass would lose his mind in today's world.

To the extent there was, it wasn't from Bubba Wallace.
A very quick Google search revealed (from CNN):

An image taken from a 2019 YouTube video shows a garage door rope fashioned into a noose in the stall used by Bubba Wallace's race team earlier this week at the Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama. A source with firsthand knowledge of the on-going NASCAR investigation told CNN that the noose in the 2019 video is the same noose Wallace's race team alerted NASCAR officials to. CNN circled the end of the rope to make it more visible.

Apologize for what?

EcPyyN8WkAQhvbO

He should apologize to his parents and friends for being a grown azz man and still being that dumb . What I really wonder is just how much separation a driver has from his pit crew and their garage , to not know that pull down Rope and loop is used on the roller doors?

Reactions: GordonC
He should apologize to his parents and friends for being a grown azz man and still being that dumb . What I really wonder is just how much separation a driver has from his pit crew and their garage , to not know that pull down Rope and loop is used on the roller doors?
The initial report came from someone on his crew. If they worked the pit at all and had reasonably seen it before they are clearly just race baiting.

The other thing I havent seen is if all or more of the doors are like that. If multiple garages had those pulls I couldnt see how it was worth investigating. If his was the only one, at least immediately around, then I could see some concern.

The initial report came from someone on his crew. If they worked the pit at all and had reasonably seen it before they are clearly just race baiting.

The other thing I havent seen is if all or more of the doors are like that. If multiple garages had those pulls I couldnt see how it was worth investigating. If his was the only one, at least immediately around, then I could see some concern.

I can't say this for a fact, but the idea I got is that this is the only door with the pull fashioned this way. I recall somebodies here trying to use that tidbit against Wallace's team, as if that meant they had been the ones to tie it that way. Obviously, this was before we found out it was tied in October.

From my understanding each pit garage is randomly assigned at each race and this had been hanging there for a year .

Reactions: GordonC
I am thoroughly enjoying how the idea of not having Confederate statues has people in this thread wringing their hands about America’s future
I'm not wringing my hands over anything.
BTW you left a few questions unanswered that were directed at you in this thread.

I can't say this for a fact, but the idea I got is that this is the only door with the pull fashioned this way. I recall somebodies here trying to use that tidbit against Wallace's team, as if that meant they had been the ones to tie it that way. Obviously, this was before we found out it was tied in October.
I have seen multiple pictures of what I had taken as different noose knot pulls. But I didnt know it was all the same track or just a common practice.

I could also see it being someone on his crew doing it with how specialized these guys are.

I have seen multiple pictures of what I had taken as different noose knot pulls. But I didnt know it was all the same track or just a common practice.

I could also see it being someone on his crew doing it with how specialized these guys are.

Yeah, as I understand it, every stall seems to have simple loops, and this was a loop with 5 or 6 wraps that makes it look like a noose.

VN Store

Back