Return of the TVA

My dad and grandfather both retired with TVA. I also lost my dad for a 2016. He worked 38 years with TVA.
My fad worked for TVA in Knoxville and Gallatin, then left for a long career with Corps of Engineers in Nashville

Reactions: Halph66
McRae is the most impressively built dude I have ever seen in real life. My Gparents had season tix 9th row lower level about the 20yd line for my entire youth. Went to a game and for whatever reason he had to take his pads and shirt off right in front of us during pregame warmups. Dude was ripped with 6 pack abs. That is impressive on a guy that weighs 175 lbs. He was like 6ft 4 and 285lbs...without a stitch of body fat. Looked bigger than the WWF guys of the day. Our lines back then were insane...we put Linemen in the NFL every year on both sides of the ball. We had great backs then also Cobb/Webb/Thompson at the same time. Those teams were loaded . We are headed back to the top now. CJP will lead the way.

McRae is the most impressively built dude I have ever seen in real life. My Gparents had season tix 9th row lower level about the 20yd line for my entire youth. Went to a game and for whatever reason he had to take his pads and shirt off right in front of us during pregame warmups. Dude was ripped with 6 pack abs. That is impressive on a guy that weighs 175 lbs. He was like 6ft 4 and 285lbs...without a stitch of body fat. Looked bigger than the WWF guys of the day. Our lines back then were insane...we put Linemen in the NFL every year on both sides of the ball. We had great backs then also Cobb/Webb/Thompson at the same time. Those teams were loaded . We are headed back to the top now. CJP will lead the way.
I remember a bowl game where Tony Thompson broke a nice run and on the replay the commentator said Thompson could have driven a semi through that hole untouched.

Unfortunately, the actual TVA came under attack by the anti coal lobby and lost some long time plants in the Tennessee Valley. 2016 help couldn't bring those back.

Reactions: AM64
Didn't Davis and McRae go back to back in the 1st round of the NFL draft? One thing you could always count on when Fulmer was there was a good/great OL. That covers a lot of problem areas (young QB, young RBs, etc.).

I remember one year (20-30 yrs ago) where the backup LT was drafted before the starting LT and they both went in the 1st round I think.

Reactions: AM64
Both Mcrae and Davis started out as DL then transitioned. Philip was very good at this recruiting DL switching to OL if they can't move laterally that is required at SEC level. I remember sitting in rain of Auburn game in 89 and Cobb having a field day behind this line.

Reactions: Smokey X
I'm guessing it was Myz....

Him? Mister Mxyzptlk

iu

Two punches to the face that both knocked me to the ground. And I came back for more both times calling him names that he clearly wasn’t.

Fortunately our friends stopped it. Couldn’t eat for a few days. It was kinda funny.
I guess, that puts you in the “dumba$$” catagory .........

VN Store

Back