Return of the TVA

McRae is the most impressively built dude I have ever seen in real life. My Gparents had season tix 9th row lower level about the 20yd line for my entire youth. Went to a game and for whatever reason he had to take his pads and shirt off right in front of us during pregame warmups. Dude was ripped with 6 pack abs. That is impressive on a guy that weighs 175 lbs. He was like 6ft 4 and 285lbs...without a stitch of body fat. Looked bigger than the WWF guys of the day. Our lines back then were insane...we put Linemen in the NFL every year on both sides of the ball. We had great backs then also Cobb/Webb/Thompson at the same time. Those teams were loaded . We are headed back to the top now. CJP will lead the way.

a product of the great John Stuckey S&C program

Reactions: StarRaider
Both Mcrae and Davis started out as DL then transitioned. Philip was very good at this recruiting DL switching to OL if they can't move laterally that is required at SEC level. I remember sitting in rain of Auburn game in 89 and Cobb having a field day behind this line.

me too...McCrae also had a knack for pancaking

Reactions: DixieVol
I guess my question is why what does our O line have to do with TVA. Ive obviously missed something. I know what tva stands for
Back in the day they dominated, with authority, and the play on words Tennessee Valley Authority was a thing.

Reactions: AM64
I guess my question is why what does our O line have to do with TVA. Ive obviously missed something. I know what tva stands for

In 1989, the Tennessee offensive line was really good. Like REALLY good. Therefore, they were nicknamed "The Tennessee Valley Authority" because of them being really, REALLY good. Almost like they were "the authority" on the field because they made defenses go where they didn't want to go.

Is THAT simple enough for you to understand??

Two punches to the face that both knocked me to the ground. And I came back for more both times calling him names that he clearly wasn’t.

Fortunately our friends stopped it. Couldn’t eat for a few days. It was kinda funny.
Yep I’ll tell you this. They wanted no part of our Rugby team. I saw several confrontations at the Lap. My good friend big 84 and the boys know they mean business. Go Vols!

Reactions: DixieVol
I was 18 and was in the Humanities elevator. It was raining. I got on the elevator and there stood Antone Davis. I couldn’t believe how unreal he looked. This was 1990.

The start of decade plus dominance by the Vols.

Maybe the new TVA will do the same.

Takes more than stars though, as mentioned earlier the old Vols has second to none strength and conditioning under Stuckey and we had some dedicated nasty mofos. Got to have that mean streak.

Maybe the new TVA will do the same.

Takes more than stars though, as mentioned earlier the old Vols has second to none strength and conditioning under Stuckey and we had some dedicated nasty mofos. Got to have that mean streak.
Defiantly need mean streak. That is why many players with big stars by their name do not live up to their billing.

VN Store

Back