Retire VolCalls

FranklinVol-615

I think it’s time to retire Vol Calls. It used to be a good platform when I was growing up to listen and find out more information about Tennessee basketball and football. The Internet and Volnation give us quicker and better information like never before.

It also seems like every Caller that gets on the air is the biggest redneck in the state of Tennessee. It makes listening almost unbearable.

This is just my opinion but what do you guys think?

Well let's see what Jeremy Pruitt's opinion on Vol Calls is:

DruneoPXcAEWMoi.jpg:large

Op is right about the callers. Tennessee is full of wonderful, intelligent folks. None of which call into Vol Calls. The number of mouthbreathing hicks that call in to the show is stunning. And Hyams show isn’t much better. Oh, and by the way, the hosts are doing fine. No need to awkwardly ask them every call.

Op is right about the callers. Tennessee is full of wonderful, intelligent folks. None of which call into Vol Calls. The number of mouthbreathing hicks that call in to the show is stunning. And Hyams show isn’t much better. Oh, and by the way, the hosts are doing fine. No need to awkwardly ask them every call.

Hey Jimmy. How ya doin'? Jimmy...Fine
Hey John. How ya doin'? John...Fine

Rinse...repeat.....rinse....repeat

I think it’s time to retire Vol Calls. It used to be a good platform when I was growing up to listen and find out more information about Tennessee basketball and football. The Internet and Volnation give us quicker and better information like never before.

It also seems like every Caller that gets on the air is the biggest redneck in the state of Tennessee. It makes listening almost unbearable.

This is just my opinion but what do you guys think?

I just think Bob needs to retire. I found the man boring on the evening news, boring on Jefferson Pilot, boring on the Lady Vols network, and super boring trying to fill John Ward's shoes. The fact that the callers seem like the biggest rednecks in the state is a reflection of Bob being boring. He may be, from what some have told me, one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. But his radio and television persona is flat. Then again, that may be just MY opinion, but Hell? You asked for what I (or we) think. There ya go!

I just think Bob needs to retire. I found the man boring on the evening news, boring on Jefferson Pilot, boring on the Lady Vols network, and super boring trying to fill John Ward's shoes. The fact that the callers seem like the biggest rednecks in the state is a reflection of Bob being boring. He may be, from what some have told me, one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. But his radio and television persona is flat. Then again, that may be just MY opinion, but Hell? You asked for what I (or we) think. There ya go!

I realize Bob isn't John Ward but he is pretty damn good as a play by play announcer. I think he's better at basketball than football but he's still pretty good at football, as well. Those that bitch are comparing him to Ward.

There are plenty of intelligent individuals to be found in every state. Sports fans mostly mirror the behavior and circumstance of tent revival attendees. The show captures that demographic fairly and objectively.

Tennessee might have many more than you're aware of. Especially, E. Tennessee.

Hey Jimmy. How ya doin'? Jimmy...Fine
Hey John. How ya doin'? John...Fine

Rinse...repeat.....rinse....repeat

Hell, I don't know. I kinda miss Herman from Coalfield. Even if I had no plans to be there that day, he would give a weather update for Coalfield just in case. Somebody up there needs to take up the slack.

I realize Bob isn't John Ward but he is pretty damn good as a play by play announcer. I think he's better at basketball than football but he's still pretty good at football, as well. Those that bitch are comparing him to Ward.

I agree. I’ve always liked Bob. He didn’t just replace a legend, he replaced the greatest, and that ain’t easy.

I agree. I’ve always liked Bob. He didn’t just replace a legend, he replaced the greatest, and that ain’t easy.

The old saying that you don't want to be the guy to replace the legend.

But Bob isn't bad. I suggest that the people who complain about Bob listen to other SEC, Big 5 announcers. UT could do worse, much worse.

VN Store

Back