Rest In Peace

every town needs a tiny horse rodeo
Honestly, the lack of rodeo (tiny horse especially) is what has been holding Blount County back for decades. All these giant metropoli are looking down at us (metaphorically) and laughing (literally) because we don’t offer any type of tiny horse entertainment and it’s embarrassing. It just has a feel of a backwater hick town. And that’s what we’ll always be without investing in some entertainment venues that will bring in the biggest names in tiny horse rodeo.

West Town still open. The strip is gone as I knew it. It was good up until the late 90's or so. UT gets $0 from me and I will never donate to the University. The strip is turning into apartments and parking.
You should give all your money to football.

Honestly, the lack of rodeo (tiny horse especially) is what has been holding Blount County back for decades. All these giant metropoli are looking down at us (metaphorically) and laughing (literally) because we don’t offer any type of tiny horse entertainment and it’s embarrassing. It just has a feel of a backwater hick town. And that’s what we’ll always be without investing in some entertainment venues that will bring in the biggest names in tiny horse rodeo.
It would give Joe a new career opportunity as a tiny horse wrangler. Of course, they would be like full size horses to him.

Evidently they have plenty also. HCJH could take a 0.01% pay cut and represent my donation.
Stop being selfish and thinking only of yourself. Those poor football players need money, and I need good football.

West Town still open. The strip is gone as I knew it. It was good up until the late 90's or so. UT gets $0 from me and I will never donate to the University. The strip is turning into apartments and parking.
Moving it into the new interest. I know what the strip is turning into from what I remember it used to be (don’t get me started, my memory would probably fail me). Remember Hannah’s? Sam and Andy’s on the corner when George knew what you wanted to drink as soon as you walked into the place (always the back door). The old bookstore? My heart sinks, but I still have memories and I can go on and on.

There’s something suspicious about the Green Acres fire. I fully expect a new apartment complex or a tiny horse rodeo to pop up there in a year or two.
I was suspicious immediately. The main building was condemned years ago. With all the new infrastructure and building that's going on around there, the value has to have soared. I think either the owner is attempting to get paid twice, or he/she was refusing to sell and someone else did a little prodding. JMHO

Reactions: 508mikey
There goes the strip. They are basically tearing down all the old familiar places
:( Those places were my old stomping grounds in the late 70's, I was at one of the biggest and craziest Tennessee Bama pep rally history up there in the late 70's and it is such a shame to have your young memories and landmarks bulldozed down.

Last edited:
One of the greatest songs ever recorded.
Another interesting story about that song is that a composer and a poet that drank together at the same watering hole in the fashionable Ipanema district in Reo de Janeiro wrote that song about this girl that would pass by on her way to the beach (pictured below), and also is pictured at age 61 with her daughter.
1686108226821.png
1686108255315.png
One of the greatest songs ever recorded.

Moving it into the new interest. I know what the strip is turning into from what I remember it used to be (don’t get me started, my memory would probably fail me). Remember Hannah’s? Sam and Andy’s on the corner when George knew what you wanted to drink as soon as you walked into the place (always the back door). The old bookstore? My heart sinks, but I still have memories and I can go on and on.
Roman Room. Damn I miss the pizza burgers on the strip. Sam and Andy's out west just isn't the same.

1985 lung cancer may have been involved.
200w-17-gif.555504

Reactions: malinoisvol
Yul kicked azz in westworld.
Some Tin Man facts ---
Did Yul Brynner have hair?

Yes, Yul Brynner did have hair when he first started acting. He was known for his distinctive bald head, but he actually started losing his hair at a young age due to male pattern baldness. Brynner began his acting career in the 1940s, and photos from that time show him with a full head of hair.

Some Tin Man facts ---
Did Yul Brynner have hair?

Yes, Yul Brynner did have hair when he first started acting. He was known for his distinctive bald head, but he actually started losing his hair at a young age due to male pattern baldness. Brynner began his acting career in the 1940s, and photos from that time show him with a full head of hair.
This is truly enlightening.

VN Store

Back