Rest In Peace

Two months ago the Sweetwater Flea Market closed it's doors for good after 30 years.

Last night the Green Acres Flea Market in Alcoa burnt to the ground. It was at least 50 yo.
We had one back home just across the state line in Tennessee. I used to love going on Saturday with my dad when I was a kid.

We had one back home just across the state line in Tennessee. I used to love going on Saturday with my dad when I was a kid.
Sweetwater used to be billed as the largest flea market in the region. Green Acres is where I used to buy my black market music cassettes back in the '70s. Lol

Reactions: joevol33
Sweetwater used to be billed as the largest flea market in the region. Green Acres is where I used to buy my black market music cassettes back in the '70s. Lol
The one back home has pirated DVDs, 4 for $10🤣. Last time I was there I saw two cops and thought they were getting busted, but they were buying movies 🤣

Reactions: malinoisvol
Two months ago the Sweetwater Flea Market closed it's doors for good after 30 years.

Last night the Green Acres Flea Market in Alcoa burnt to the ground. It was at least 50 yo.

There’s something suspicious about the Green Acres fire. I fully expect a new apartment complex or a tiny horse rodeo to pop up there in a year or two.

WHAT?? There goes another Knoxville restaurant.
West Town still open. The strip is gone as I knew it. It was good up until the late 90's or so. UT gets $0 from me and I will never donate to the University. The strip is turning into apartments and parking.

There goes the strip. They are basically tearing down all the old familiar places
Now we’re going to have rely on old memories. Crap, that’s not going to hold up much longer (memories). It started when they redid the strip a few years ago with the configuration of the streets with the ‘beautification’ of the area. The congestion hasn’t changed during heavy traffic times (games), but you now have the vegetation of the area while you wait.

VN Store

Back