ReSeeding the NCAA needs to happen

I've got news for everyone too.

There is no great team or close to one this season. There is no future stud NBA franchise player out there.

NC and Virginia were beat down. Cincinnati blew a 20 point lead. Arizona was blitzed. Michigan State couldn't shoot 25% from the field against Syracuse.

There is no heavyweight matchup to be had because there are no heavyweights.

Duke is the closest thing to it with Bagley and the other freshman combined with Allen. Villanova might be just as good but interesting how they built that team over the course of a few years and the freshman are only supplemental.

Bagley is definitely a stud in the league though.

Duke is the closest thing to it with Bagley and the other freshman combined with Allen. Villanova might be just as good but interesting how they built that team over the course of a few years and the freshman are only supplemental.

Bagley is definitely a stud in the league though.

I agree. Duke has a nice compliment of one and dones mixed with key upperclassmen. Villanova has more or less built a veteran team of 4 year players mixed in with a beast freshman, Omari Spellman, who is probably too much of a tweener to be an one and done. Bagley is a lock top 5 pick and Carter will go in the lottery, also.

I guess UF should take it's FF banner down from 2006 based on Bruin logic. How can you honestly be proud of a FF where you didn't play anyone until the Elite Eight? Played a 14, 11, 7, and 11 before finally getting Nova.

Does this pass the Bruin test?

You bring up a great point. Florida was a 3 seed and only lost 6 games all year so they were sitting in a spot where playing those lesser teams was more understandable than a 9 seed like K State.

We spent a great deal of time last week discussing what was a better accomplishment, winning a conference championship in the regular season or a trip to the final 4 or elite 8.

If Kansas state wins on Saturday they will prove in this case that going to the final 4 isn't any where close to as good of a year as what Tennessee did by winning the SEC.

It's all about March talk is absurd when the pathway is flawed to the Final 4

Last edited:
I find the argument funny.

No, no. The tournament isn't playing out the way we wanted it to, so we are going to reshuffle the deck to screw those teams who messed up some potential matchups that we wanted to see.

The regular season must be rewarded, even if the teams who were initially rewarded crapped the bed against some less deserving team who should now be punished.

The real basketball starts tonight.

Looking forward to it.

Last night was a mini NIT in hotlanta

Last edited:
Well I found at least one person to agree with me. Lol

Blaine Bishop talking up ReSeeding this morning on 104.5

For the non-basketball junkie, the draw to the tournament is getting to fill out brackets for their office pools, etc. Re-seeding completely does away with this, and many would lose interest.

It's all about viewers, and there is no reason to do something that would, unnecessarily, reduce interest in a great product.

Reactions: 1 person
For the non-basketball junkie, the draw to the tournament is getting to fill out brackets for their office pools, etc. Re-seeding completely does away with this, and many would lose interest.

It's all about viewers, and there is no reason to do something that would, unnecessarily, reduce interest in a great product.

It doesn't stop the brackets.

ReSeeding after every round would but I am not suggesting that.

If Kansas state wins on Saturday they will prove in this case that going to the final 4 isn't any where close to as good of a year as what Tennessee did by winning the SEC.

huh?

No offense to UT or AU, but 20 years from now no one cares about the SEC regular championship. Every program in the nation hangs banners for FF's. Regular season and post season are two separately different animals. Ask Virginia fans if they would trade all the ACC success for just one final four. I guarantee they would say yes.

Reactions: 1 person
huh?

No offense to UT or AU, but 20 years from now no one cares about the SEC regular championship. Every program in the nation hangs banners for FF's. Regular season and post season are two separately different animals. Ask Virginia fans if they would trade all the ACC success for just one final four. I guarantee they would say yes.

You do realize banners are hung for championships as well don't you?

For NCAA tourneys as well

Regular Season Championships banners? That's akin to Indiana making S16 rings imo.

Couldn't disagree more.

Banners for conference championships are always legit...it's a championship after all, even if UK fans yawn at them.

Indiana handing out S16 rings is weak on multiple levels. Surviving the first weekend of the NCAA tournament isn't ring worthy for a program that's won five national championships.

Couldn't disagree more.

Banners for conference championships are always legit...it's a championship after all, even if UK fans yawn at them.

Indiana handing out S16 rings is weak on multiple levels. Surviving the first weekend of the NCAA tournament isn't ring worthy for a program that's won five national championships.

Should Florida, Bama, Missouri type teams get rings this year?

I am not sure but I tend to think they should

Should Florida, Bama, Missouri type teams get rings this year?

I am not sure but I tend to think they should

For making the NCAA tournament field?

I say no.

If UMBC wants to hand out rings for making history, I'm cool with that.

Last edited:
For making the NCAA tournament field?

I say no.

To my knowledge every football program gets rings for making a bowl.

I see it easier to get to a bowl than the NCAA tourney and to be honest I don't think kids at say Indiana should be punished because their history says just making the tourney isn't an accomplishment. JMO

To my knowledge every football program gets rings for making a bowl.

I see it easier to get to a bowl than the NCAA tourney and to be honest I don't think kids at say Indiana should be punished because their history says just making the tourney isn't an accomplishment. JMO

Each program has its own standard imo.

Blue blood programs like Indiana or UNC or Duke handing out Sweet 16 rings is weak.

I didn't like it when UF recognized our Eastern Division football titles in The Swamp. Then again it was McElwain's idea.

And I'm not a fan of bowl rings, but at least you can argue it's a championship, even if that championship is sponsored by Poulan Weed Eaters or Emerald Nuts.

Last edited:
Poulan Weed Eater made a great AD buy when they sponsored that game. I don't think they've been an actual sponsor for years but everybody knows the name from when they did. A great case study in marketing.

VN Store

Back