ReSeeding the NCAA needs to happen

Yes.

But the #1 seeds still had the easier paths, which you just said they didn't.

Clearly they don't.

A new number 5 seed clearly has the easiest path.

The highest seed they will play is a 9 to get to the Final 4 and a 3 to play for a natty.

That proves this is a flawed braket. Crap shoot based on luck and that isn't the way Job of the NCAA. Their job is to set up the fairest braket possible that rewards teams for having great regular seasons.

Clearly they don't.

A new number 5 seed clearly has the easiest path.

The highest seed they will play is a 9 to get to the Final 4 and a 3 to play for a natty.

That proves this is a flawed braket. Crap shoot based on luck and that isn't the way Job of the NCAA. Their job is to set up the fairest braket possible that rewards teams for having great regular seasons.

Or maybe the seeds were screwed up. Maybe some folks were over or under seeded. In the case of Nevada their RPI going into the tournament was 19. After wins over Miami and UT their RPI is likely higher while Cincinnati and Tennessee's of 7 and 8 would likely drop.

Seems to me that Nevada can make a case that they're comparable to those two schools and was underseeded as a 7.

The bottomline is that you can drive yourself nuts trying to rethink these things so why go there? Sure, there are some quirks with a 64 team bracket but that's part of the fun. Re-seeding invites a whole new can of worms with its own pitfalls.

Get your viewing parties set. The nation eagerly awaits

Kansas State vs La- Chicago

Dumb

On second thought dumb as hell

Get your viewing parties set. The nation eagerly awaits

Kansas State vs La- Chicago

Dumb

On second thought dumb as hell

Did George Mason's run to the Final Four damage basketball? No. Did Leicester City winning the EPL ruin the sport? No. Sure, one night might be slightly less impressive and get less views. But if anything it only makes basketball better as a sport and sets the standard for more smaller schools to have opportunities.

Truly one of the dumbest ideas proposed on VN.

Reactions: 1 person
Did George Mason's run to the Final Four damage basketball? No. Did Leicester City winning the EPL ruin the sport? No. Sure, one night might be slightly less impressive and get less views. But if anything it only makes basketball better as a sport and sets the standard for more smaller schools to have opportunities.

George mason had to beat a 2 seed in Uconn to make it

They earned it

Nope.

When we watch real Teams play tomorrow night maybe it will get into someone's
Thick skull that this doesn't work

"Real" teams need to step up and win.

If this is the attitude, then why bother having 68 teams in the tournament?

Have an 8 team tournament and keep the mid majors out and let only the best 8 teams play.

Loyola Chicago and the rest earned their way there.

It's not fair Loyola Chicago is in the elite 8. Make them play the Celtics next. How is that fair to them?

No LC he’s smarter than you; you’re just thick skulled and don’t like change.

I think what is happening is the whole beauty of the tournament.

The team that wins the tournament has earned it. You don't win six straight against this competition and have it be luck.

The teams who are there got it done on the court. And if they aren't good enough, they will eventually lose.

I guess UF should take it's FF banner down from 2006 based on Bruin logic. How can you honestly be proud of a FF where you didn't play anyone until the Elite Eight? Played a 14, 11, 7, and 11 before finally getting Nova.

Does this pass the Bruin test?

I find the argument funny.

No, no. The tournament isn't playing out the way we wanted it to, so we are going to reshuffle the deck to screw those teams who messed up some potential matchups that we wanted to see.

You ignored my point

They had to beat at least 1 elite team to make it.

This year that isn't happening

Your point has already been crushed ad nauseam.

Explain to me how a game between L-C and Kansas State ruins the tournament? Your idea would only empower the blue bloods and take away a giant portion of the fanbase who watch purely hoping to see the blue bloods lose.

I find the argument funny.

No, no. The tournament isn't playing out the way we wanted it to, so we are going to reshuffle the deck to screw those teams who messed up some potential matchups that we wanted to see.

It’s the definition of knee jerk.

I guess UF should take it's FF banner down from 2006 based on Bruin logic. How can you honestly be proud of a FF where you didn't play anyone until the Elite Eight? Played a 14, 11, 7, and 11 before finally getting Nova.

Does this pass the Bruin test?

Clearly Florida's should have been penalized because 6 seed Oklahoma lost to 11 seed UW-Milwaukee, 2 seed Ohio State lost to 7 seed Georgetown, and 11 seed George Mason beat 1 seed UConn

I've got news for everyone too.

There is no great team or close to one this season. There is no future stud NBA franchise player out there.

NC and Virginia were beat down. Cincinnati blew a 20 point lead. Arizona was blitzed. Michigan State couldn't shoot 25% from the field against Syracuse.

There is no heavyweight matchup to be had because there are no heavyweights.

I've got news for everyone too.

There is no great team or close to one this season. There is no future stud NBA franchise player out there.

NC and Virginia were beat down. Cincinnati blew a 20 point lead. Arizona was blitzed. Michigan State couldn't shoot 25% from the field against Syracuse.

There is no heavyweight matchup to be had because there are no heavyweights.

Agreed.

However in terms of a very well balanced team, Villanova is the best right now in the Tournament.

Mikal Bridges is a future NBA Player.

VN Store

Back