Requesting your prayers and support

Praying for your daughter and your family.

May the Lord be a refuge and a strength to all of you.

Psalm 46:1

Very sorry to hear this Fade. Prayers to heal your daughter and prayers for you and your wife for having to deal with something like this. I had to take my 14 yr old son two days ago to surgery for a torn labrum from wrestling, I was nervous enough seeing my child go through a
pretty minor procedure, I can't imagine what you have to deal with... Prayers sent

I've hesitated to post this and I definitely don't want to be a wet blanket in the midst of the great news on Shoop, but I would appreciate your prayers. Our family received word over the holiday break that our 14 year old daughter has been diagnosed with a very rare genetic disorder. So rare, in fact, that there are only 65 known cases in the entire world. More specifically, she has a mutation in her COL4A-1 gene that leaves her vulnerable to strokes and intracranial bleeds from weak and fragile small vessels. There's much more to it, but you can google it to get more info if you wish. She will have to have several lifestyle modifications to protect her small vessels in her eyes and more importantly her brain, including giving up cheerleading and some other activities. Any jarring or hits to the head can have severe, life threatening consequences. It's going to be a long road ahead, but our faith in Christ sustains us, and I ask that you pray for her protection and for my wife and I as we learn how to help her manage a new life with this diagnosis. Thank you VN - you guys are the best.

You got it. Fade. Prayers sent to you and your daughter and your family.

I've hesitated to post this and I definitely don't want to be a wet blanket in the midst of the great news on Shoop, but I would appreciate your prayers. Our family received word over the holiday break that our 14 year old daughter has been diagnosed with a very rare genetic disorder. So rare, in fact, that there are only 65 known cases in the entire world. More specifically, she has a mutation in her COL4A-1 gene that leaves her vulnerable to strokes and intracranial bleeds from weak and fragile small vessels. There's much more to it, but you can google it to get more info if you wish. She will have to have several lifestyle modifications to protect her small vessels in her eyes and more importantly her brain, including giving up cheerleading and some other activities. Any jarring or hits to the head can have severe, life threatening consequences. It's going to be a long road ahead, but our faith in Christ sustains us, and I ask that you pray for her protection and for my wife and I as we learn how to help her manage a new life with this diagnosis. Thank you VN - you guys are the best.

Will be praying

God bless you and your family Fade. I know it's by no means comparable, but I was diagnosed with severe fistualizing Crohn's at 18 and fought like hell to get to where I am today. I lost 40lbs in a month and now having added 80lbs of muscle mass over the past 10 years, arguably fit into the "meat-head/body builder" sterotype which is quite a feat for an illness that makes it nearly impossible for the patient to put on and keep body weight. All that to say - where there's a will there's a way and I pray your family and your daughter find the strength to adapt to this new wrinkle in her's and your lives such that she thrives despite the odds. :rock:

Reactions: 3 people
I've always enjoyed your posts, fade. I'll remember your family in prayer. As you know, Christ sustains us all in our darkest hour when we keep our eyes focused on Him. May He bless you all, especially your daughter, and keep her safe and healthy. His will be done.

We'll be praying for your daughter and your family, brother FadeRoute. I can't imagine the emotional stress on everyone. There's such peace in KNOWING Jesus Christ as Savior. Especially in times like these.

God bless you and your family Fade. I know it's by no means comparable, but I was diagnosed with severe fistualizing Crohn's at 18 and fought like hell to get to where I am today. I lost 40lbs in a month and now arguable fit into the "meat-head/body builder" sterotype which is quite a feat for an illness that makes it nearly impossible for the patient to put on and keep body weight. All that to say - where there's a will there's a way and I pray your family and your daughter find the strength to adapt to this new wrinkle in her's and your lives such that she thrives despite the odds. :rock:

Very uplifting story. Thanks for sharing. Hope fade's daughter overcomes her challenges just as effectively. God bless!

Reactions: 1 person
Prayers for this young lady; faith can move mountains !!!

Very uplifting story. Thanks for sharing. Hope fade's daughter overcomes her challenges just as effectively. God bless!

:good!: Thanks. Only regret is it was a medical dis-qualifier for active duty when I had life long plans of a military career and was being pursued by all branches for a free ride to any military college of my choosing.

Anyways back to the focal point of this thread, life rains $h!t on you often and when you least expect it. All you can do is man(woman) up to the challenge and say to yourself "F this. I shall overcome the odds." Hoping Fade, his family & daughter can do the same.

I just saw this post. Prayers sent and will continue to be sent for your daughter and your family for strength and healing.

Prayers going up for you and your family, fade. May God act as the great physician he is and wrap his arms around your daughter.

I'll be praying for you all too Fade. I'll add the daughter of a "friend" to our prayer list at church in the morning. I always appreciate your post and appreciate seeing all of the VolNation family offer prayers on behalf of you and your family.

My daughter is 20 now and enjoying cheering for an ACC university. I hope your daughter is able to one day cheer again. As dads, we take a lot from watching our kids do what they love.

VN Store

Back