Requesting your prayers and support

You have my prayers and I can only pray for a healthy life for your daughter. My son in law was diagnosed with a very rare for of cancer over the holidays. His prognosis is poor so your news hits close to home. My sincere best wishes to your family and daughter.

Sorry to hear Fade. Will definitely send prayers your way

Prayers for your daughter and for your family. Our daughter had to give up cheerleading for a while due to a heart condition. While that is such a small part of your daughter's issues. I know how much that must devastate her to be told she cannot do something she loves so much. God is good and He holds you in His mighty hand.

Prayers for all of you and prayers for her continued safety. I just want you to know that He has the whole world and your daughter in His hands. God bless you and your family with love and peace like you have never felt before.

I have a 14 year old as well. Prayers for you and your daughter. It is a helpless feeling when you can't just make it better for your kids.

Heavenly Father we pray tonight for Fade, his wife and daughter. We ask for your comfort to surround them, and all of those who care for them. And we pray specifically Lord for Fade's 14 year old daughter and her continued health, and that you place a hedge of protection around her for her continued safety. We ask Lord for the peace of your presence to cover our minds and thoughts, as you remind us that we are kept safe in your presence for eternity.

Reactions: 5 people
Done.
If there should be anything else that you think we could be of help with, don't hesitate to mention.

praying for a complete healing and for you and your family. God is still in control.

After getting excited about our new DC, this type of story really puts football in perspective. I have a 9 year old daughter, and I couldn't imagine how crushed I'd be if I found out she had something like that. I wish your daughter and your family the best.

Is there a treatment for this horrible disorder?

I've hesitated to post this and I definitely don't want to be a wet blanket in the midst of the great news on Shoop, but I would appreciate your prayers. Our family received word over the holiday break that our 14 year old daughter has been diagnosed with a very rare genetic disorder. So rare, in fact, that there are only 65 known cases in the entire world. More specifically, she has a mutation in her COL4A-1 gene that leaves her vulnerable to strokes and intracranial bleeds from weak and fragile small vessels. There's much more to it, but you can google it to get more info if you wish. She will have to have several lifestyle modifications to protect her small vessels in her eyes and more importantly her brain, including giving up cheerleading and some other activities. Any jarring or hits to the head can have severe, life threatening consequences. It's going to be a long road ahead, but our faith in Christ sustains us, and I ask that you pray for her protection and for my wife and I as we learn how to help her manage a new life with this diagnosis. Thank you VN - you guys are the best.

Prayers for you fade, your family, and specifically your daughter.

Praying for your daughter and family. I pray that she will receive nothing short of total healing. All things are possible through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Isaiah 41:10

Reactions: 2 people
Man, that's tough to hear. I don't know anything about that mutation, but hopefully she will be fine with some precautions. Curious: how was this discovered.

Without saying, my prayers are with her.

Our daughter has had several health issues since she was 2-3 years old. Just this past year she began to have retinal hemorrhages and one of doctors suggested a genetic screening which revealed the mutation. We don't know for sure, but chances are she has had some small, minor strokes in the past that were not diagnosed or detected but have led to some of her issues.

Of course! Our daughters...:sad:

Will do a few now and double up at church in the morning...God bless and miracles happen.

VN Store

Back