Republicans Opposing Legal Immigration

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
We have anti-immigration deniers all over VN (and the Republican party). I've heard it many, many times. "All Republicans support immigration. They only oppose illegal immigration." Which is demonstrably false. This thread is all about proving that. I don't care to debate the merits of immigration here, tho I'm sure that will happen. I'm just gonna have this thread as a reference guide for the deniers. Example:

1664383416336.png

So whenever somebody says something like:

The point isn't valid. Nobody is opposed to documented/legal immigration. Nobody.

Republicans don't embrace legal immigrants? Seems inaccurate.

I've never seen one single post from anyone to restrict legal immigration.

I'm going to point them to this thread.

Last edited:
My favorite is that everybody seems to forget refugees and asylum seekers are legally following the process, and so anytime you oppose them, you are opposing legal immigration.

Reactions: tvolsfan
No matter what level of immigration we're at or what the economy is doing or what's happening on the world stage, 84-93% of them don't support expanding it. LOL. "We support legal immigration" is mostly a farce.

This would be like Republicans saying they support welfare while their actions only ever show that they want to clamp down on it. Maybe you don't want to get rid of all welfare, but are you really a supporter?

1664384212888.png

When the border is wide open, shutting it down and resetting isn’t a bad idea.

Barr questioned the numbers that were seeking legitimate asylum.

It is made up rubbish from the Leftists that Republicans across the board oppose immigration. They repeat the lie often and the weak minded believe their propaganda.

At some point the legal definition of refugee changed from someone escaping war or persecution, and I thought it also implied they had some intent on returning.

Reactions: AM64
When the border is wide open, shutting it down and resetting isn’t a bad idea.

Barr questioned the numbers that were seeking legitimate asylum.

It is made up rubbish from the Leftists that Republicans across the board oppose immigration. They repeat the lie often and the weak minded believe their propaganda.

This is not the conversation we are having here. We are proving that some/many Republicans do oppose and restrict legal forms of immigration. Nothing you are saying is refuting that.

We have anti-immigration deniers all over VN (and the Republican party). I've heard it many, many times. "All Republicans support immigration. They only oppose illegal immigration." Which is demonstrably false. This thread is all about proving that. I don't care to debate the merits of immigration here, tho I'm sure that will happen. I'm just gonna have this thread as a reference guide for the deniers. Example:

View attachment 495294

So whenever somebody says something like:

I'm going to point them to this thread.

My mistake. I shouldn't have said "nobody" because there is that one kooky guy you managed to scrounge up. I should have said "practically nobody" instead. Congratulations on your complete and total pownage.

VN Store

Back