Report: Why Cade Mays hasn't received answer on NCAA appeal

My understanding is that the university wanted to wait until the NCAA made a determination on the one time transfer rule. Now that they declined to take it up, the waiver was submitted.

Reactions: Volsfan2013
I'm sure they (Tennessee compliance) had to submit it late due to Mars not being able to represent Cade.
You're probably right, but why it wasn't ready to be submitted when the AA announced they were going to push the vote in May is beyond me. he announced his transfer is January. You would think 4 months was enough time to get the paperwork straight, just in case, regardless of whether it was UT or Mars representing.

My understanding is that the university wanted to wait until the NCAA made a determination on the one time transfer rule. Now that they declined to take it up, the waiver was submitted.

Why wait though? What harm is done submitting for the waiver while waiting for the ruling?

Why wait though? What harm is done submitting for the waiver while waiting for the ruling?

Not sure, but it’s now being widely reported that this was the thought process behind it. So they must have some explanation for it.

VN Store

Back