Report: Joe Doyle in the transfer portal

I've admittedly been confused as to why Doyle wasn't punting at the end of this season. Did Paxton Brooks clearly surpass him? I didn't see a huge difference between the two, but maybe they don't want to use a scholarship on Doyle when we already have a scholarship Punter / Kicker, and Doyle knows he can get a scholarship somewhere else.

I've admittedly been confused as to why Doyle wasn't punting at the end of this season. Did Paxton Brooks clearly surpass him? I didn't see a huge difference between the two, but maybe they don't want to use a scholarship on Doyle when we already have a scholarship Punter / Kicker, and Doyle knows he can get a scholarship somewhere else.

Something happened there... I seem to remember him being very upset after the bobbled snap and blocked punt at UK. After that, I don’t think he punted again. I like Brooks but I hope we have another option going into next year.

They have almost identical punting averages this season but I’m not sure where to look for blocks and inside the 20 stats.

Brooks had a 24 yarder in the bowl game that could have killed us... special teams were great this year other than punting.

We are punter U... have 3 starters in the NFL...we need a new kid to step up and start flipping the field for us...please...
Hard to understand a punter coming up with a 24 yard punt unless he was under duress. What do they do , just take their eye of the ball like receivers do sometimes?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back