Renovation or just adding seats?

jasonvols2.2

If it is a complete stadium renovation then I would imagine they would have to play at Smokies Stadium for one season.

Any way LNS could reach 7000?

If it is a complete stadium renovation then I would imagine they would have to play at Smokies Stadium for one season.

Any way LNS could reach 7000?
They showed a camera shot last night from right field looking back at the third base side of the stadium. I thought, “Why don’t they just extend the stadium all the way down to the left field fence?” LNS is not bad. It just needs to be bigger with a few more amenities.

Whatever they decide to do, I hope it retains the name of Lindsay Nelson Stadium. He was a fabled broadcaster whose voice I can still hear in the recesses of my memories. I would love to go back in time and hear him calling a game in any sport. He serve in WWII as a Captain in North Africa and Europe. He knew Ernie Pyle before his death. A graduate of UT and later professor of English, he began calling Tennessee games in 1948 and went on to become a renowned national broadcaster. His reputation is among the elite of his profession. There were some great voices just made for sports. Red Barber, Mel Allen, Bud Wilkinson, and Lindsay Nelson were among my all-time favorites.

Isn’t one of the complaints about LNS that it doesn’t have any suites? That seems like a pretty drastic overhaul to add those and would require a complete redesign of where the press box is now.

I was told by someone at UT that extending down the left field line is part of the plan.

There's plenty of room for more seats down the right field line, too. Can anyone tell me what that clunky little building on the right field plaza is? Looks like "sky boxes" of some kind? That thing should be gone in a renovation, I hope.

Reactions: Kungfuman2000
BAMA fans have no clue that Bama has a baseball team. They only care about is football. I went to a Bama series a few years ago & ALL they talked about was football & football recruiting.

Or we will have to wait 3-4 years for plans & the rebuild ?

I think the last two years have proven Tn fans can make UT baseball profitable

Isn’t one of the complaints about LNS that it doesn’t have any suites? That seems like a pretty drastic overhaul to add those and would require a complete redesign of where the press box is now.
Agree. Seems like they’d need to take out several rows at the top and then add seats down the lines.

There's plenty of room for more seats down the right field line, too. Can anyone tell me what that clunky little building on the right field plaza is? Looks like "sky boxes" of some kind? That thing should be gone in a renovation, I hope.

Coaches offices,admin, etc... I believe.

They showed a camera shot last night from right field looking back at the third base side of the stadium. I thought, “Why don’t they just extend the stadium all the way down to the left field fence?” LNS is not bad. It just needs to be bigger with a few more amenities.
Yup 100%, and change the facade. Change the old concrete entrance. Brick it and make left field and right field lines identical.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
BAMA fans have no clue that Bama has a baseball team. They only care about is football. I went to a Bama series a few years ago & ALL they talked about was football & football recruiting.

and before this season, UT has been a hotbed for baseball?

Reactions: vettefool
It would be odd playing in Kodak for one season. I guess it would work, as we would share a stadium for only two months. Also, the midweek games would have to be a 1PM start.

But if it is a major overhaul, that might ne the only option.

I hope we do whatever necessary to keep Vitello happy, but I don’t think we’ve came close to maximizing Lindsey Nelson Stadium's potential. There’s not a lot of room to work with, but there is still enough room to increase capacity significantly. Adding a few thousand seats and enough restrooms and concessions to accommodate the larger crowd would go a long way. From there we could upgrade the press box and the little things that would make it a little nicer. I wouldn’t mind seeing us add chairback seats throughout the stadium.

Reactions: youcancallmeAl

VN Store

Back