Rennia Appreciation Post

VA_VOLFAN

After being able to watch the game from last night I have a new found respect for Rennia Davis and the people that she has surrounded herself with. They did a part where Rennia admitted she thought about transferring after every year but felt she was committed to Tennessee and really is committed to Kellie. She loves playing for Kellie and could have left but her AAU coach was a big influence and basically asked did she want an easy out or to help turn the tide.

After the slights and not being recognized as one of the best in the nation I just want to say thank you! No, we aren’t finished yet but while some are looking at next season and her leaving i want to take time and say thank you Rennia for sticking around and giving us LV fans something to look forward to again! If (and when) this team gets back you will have been a big part. Others that transfer may win championships but you will have helped lay a foundation back to greatness!

Regardless of the outcome of the next few games you are a TRUE LV 4 Life! Now go kick butt and screw those lists you keep getting left off of! Go get you sum!

I cant imagine Rennia leaving would've broke my heart s glad she stayed a Lady Vol and didnt take the easy route.

I don’t even know her AAU coach and luv her! if you’ve heard the stories she was the one who made Re play down low to expand her game, she was the one to basically tell her to look at UT while Re was hooked on MD, and then she told her to stick around. Like we need this lady on staff🤣

I so appreciate Rennia and the legacy she is leaving. Call me crazy, but I think she could’ve performed like she is now in her sophomore year if she had the coaching all four years. Her ceiling is through the roof, and she seems to be an incredible human.

The Ultimate Lady Vol
309859_20201113_WB_Feature_AF_008.jpg

Rennia is one of the best individual players to suit up. Certainly the best since Candace Parker. The only knock against her is the team's performance, and that's not on her. She did her part. Go back to her FR/SO years with the roster they had and what could have been if they had a capable coach. Missed opportunity, but she will make a WNBA GM very happy this summer.

Rennia is one of the best individual players to suit up. Certainly the best since Candace Parker. The only knock against her is the team's performance, and that's not on her. She did her part. Go back to her FR/SO years with the roster they had and what could have been if they had a capable coach. Missed opportunity, but she will make a WNBA GM very happy this summer.
Hope for her, the BEST of EVERYTHING...will be greatly missed 😔😥

Yep. I maintain that with the right coaching, her sophomore season would’ve looked like what she’s done this season- and more growth/development from there would put her in the convo for all-time greats at TN, IMO.

I’m glad she’s been able to get some coaching her last two seasons, and there’s still time to right the ship by how they finish the season. I don’t think anyone on the roster has been to a S16, so that would be a good step in the right direction.

I know Rennia is probably going to be leaving after this year, but I really wish she would stay an extra year. I think her legacy would be so much more if she did! But, she’s got to do what’s best for her. Thank you, Rennia!

Rennia Davis Thanks for everything you have given us during your time at Tennessee. I would like to apologize to you for the fans not voting more for you at the Women's Basketball | Senior CLASS Award. I was at the Alabama game where you hit the winning shot with 0.6 sec left to win the game.. I remember the heart you showed to win a lot of games with your second half come back. You will always be a Tennessee girl to me. I only wish you the best in life. Would love to have you one more year. As always Go Lady Vol's.

I know Rennia is probably going to be leaving after this year, but I really wish she would stay an extra year. I think her legacy would be so much more if she did! But, she’s got to do what’s best for her. Thank you, Rennia!
The top 4 picks in the WNBA, and she will be one, make only $68,000 a year. That is not much more than the value of a UT out of state scholarship. It is not like what NBA where the #4 pick can set you up for life. I guess all the WNBA players play in other more remunerative leagues on top of the WNBA, so she probably stands to make a lot more if she augments her play in the WNBA with overseas play. But at first glance, it doesn't appear like a huge sacrifice to stay. She sure is fun to watch-a slashing 6"2" "3" who can rebound. She could play a long time in the WNBA.

The top 4 picks in the WNBA, and she will be one, make only $68,000 a year. That is not much more than the value of a UT out of state scholarship. It is not like what NBA where the #4 pick can set you up for life. I guess all the WNBA players play in other more remunerative leagues on top of the WNBA, so she probably stands to make a lot more if she augments her play in the WNBA with overseas play. But at first glance, it doesn't appear like a huge sacrifice to stay. She sure is fun to watch-a slashing 6"2" "3" who can rebound. She could play a long time in the WNBA.
I thought it was going up to 104 but that may be the second season. She will make the most like all WNBA players do if she plays in a foreign country some can make up to a million. I know Candace made her big money in Russia.

The thing I love most about Rennia is how she stayed and played her entire four seasons here when things really go in terrible shape around the coaching change. When many others were transferring out she was a VFL and that of course is the player that you always have the most gratitude and admiration for. Thank you Rennia it was been wonderful watching you play these four seasons.

VN Store

Back