Regarding Chaney, lets get this out of the way immediately...

115 is lower or better than 121.

For that particular stat is that improvement?

If so. Is that acceptable?
Being ranked 115 is better than 121. And like I said its impossible to qualtify at this moment, would be a complete guess. Do I expect them to be top 20? No, do I expect improvement? Yes, really dont understand why this is so difficult.

Do not expect miracles in year 1. It's a brand new offense to these players, on a roster that's not very talented. Schematically, EVERYONE is a true freshman on the offensive side of the ball in 2019. Regardless of the results on the field, no one needs to be calling for Chaneys head in year one! Let them recruit and develop. It's going to take some time.
Who's to say he even plans to stay that long?

You keep saying that however point to one OC in the Big 12 conference that is not considered a genius. Briles was no doubt successful but who wouldn't be with the way that conference plays defense.

Sorry, glossed over your post earlier witb b12 arguments. But here's why he's so impressive to me (beyond being the son of the best OC in modern cfb history) - he also stepped in Y1 and killed it at FAU. Kiffin's dropped off after he left. Next he steps into Houston and destroys it there as well. He has killed it, in Y1, everywhere he's been, not just the B12.

Relax, man. No way we're hiring Chaney. Remember?, you called it.

;)
I did? Who knows. Almost all of us, admit it, were skeptical he'd leave that roster a few weeks ago. Would've been pleasanrly surprised if we knew we were getting him. But I was absolutely never the WF negavol crowd. I was very happy with the names he spoke with and felt we'd land a good coach.

Get this correct please, CJC is not getting $1.7 Million to start.

He starts at $1.5 Million for the first 2 years.

If he does well and is still here then in year 3 he gets a raise to $1.7 Milllion per year and if we're getting WINS then he's earned it.

I believe that 2 more good recruiting classes from now we'll be on the way back up to the top of the mountain and finally people will again FEAR having to play our beloved Tennessee footVol Team.

Stay positive my friends!

VFL...GBO!!!
Get this correct please.... He gets $1.525 M in 2019 $1.6M in 2020 and $1.7M in 2021 per what he signed on Tuesday. I'm positive that your correcting has been corrected ;)

The b12 defensive thing is not really backed up by hard facts. Did OSU not just rack up on Mizzou? Baylor on Vandy? OU vs Bama and OU vs UGA last year? Texas did well on UGA, while UGA looked terrible vs that garbage b12 defense...

And lets not forget WVU. Man, we ran all over that tissue soft defense while our big bad sec D crushed them.

Maybe, just maybe, their prolific offenses make it look that way...? BECAUSE they are innovative. Riddle me this - do you think those teams would be putting up 40 ppg if they ran an old school I-formation? lol

re: Genius b12 OCs - I'm only aware of OU's, Yurcich, Kingsbury, Holgorsen. People make such a big deal of those guys. What about TCU, kansas, kstate, iowa st, texas, baylor? IF you looked at the actual stats, youd see a point distribution similar to the sec's - a few at the top and some really mediocre to bad offenses. But, no, dont actually research. Just regurgitate. It's the way of the know nothings.

And who is it again the NFL is targeting? I forget. Is it Kingsbury, Lincoln, etc or Chaney and Enos, and all the wonderful archaic guys? They only have billions at stake... What offenses are flourishing in the NFL? Remind me. Is it spread pass happy or bunch up i-formation??

Please answer all questions, I won't hold my breath lolol
Not that I can't answer all those questions, I just don't have the energy or care. I guess us know nothings simply can't compare or compete with you know-it-alls. Tell me again how many ex big 12 OC's are in the SEC and running those prolific offenses? I seriously don't know. Wonder why more conferences don't hire OC's that run those style of offenses more? Interesting. And your overt slam of Chaney really isn't missed by some of us. You think you're being cute with it.

Notice anything odd about these stats?

TOTAL OFFENSE G Rush Pass Plays Yards Avg/P TD Avg/G
1. Oklahoma 14 3464 4520 928 7984 8.6 85 570.3
2. West Virginia 12 1931 4216 870 6147 7.1 60 512.2
3. Oklahoma St 13 2474 4028 1011 6502 6.4 63 500.2
4. Texas Tech 12 1591 4231 972 5822 6.0 54 485.2
5. Baylor 13 2198 3770 988 5968 6.0 47 459.1
10. Kansas State 12 2191 1945 797 4136 5.2 31 344.7

TOTAL DEFENSE G Rush Pass Plays Yards Avg/P TD Avg/G
1. TCU 13 1802 2595 906 4397 4.9 36 338.2
2. Iowa State 13 1495 3044 898 4539 5.1 33 349.2
3. Texas 14 1839 3660 982 5499 5.6 44 392.8
4. Kansas State 12 1892 2949 814 4841 5.9 34 403.4
5. West Virginia 12 1774 3104 837 4878 5.8 39 406.5
10. Oklahoma 14 2237 4116 1036 6353 6.1 61 453.8

Gotta love volnation "VFB way are you always negative"

Post something positive....

"VFB, why are you being so positive, you should lower your expectation of a newly hired coach"

Being ranked 115 is better than 121. And like I said its impossible to qualtify at this moment, would be a complete guess. Do I expect them to be top 20? No, do I expect improvement? Yes, really dont understand why this is so difficult.

It's not difficult at all and most definitely not impossible. You re already progressing with your first sentence, and later with the ability to attach a number that you dont expect.

If we re just riding with improvement as the expectation, 24 points per game and or anything ranked higher than 120th in total offense would meet that standard. In the same way that 5-7 (2-6) is an improvement compared to 4-8 (0-8).

Reactions: butchna
It's not difficult at all and most definitely not impossible. You re already progressing with your first sentence, and later with the ability to attach a number that you dont expect.

If we re just riding with improvement as the expectation, 24 points per game and or anything ranked higher than 120th in total offense would meet that standard. In the same way that 5-7 (2-6) is an improvement compared to 4-8 (0-8).
You cant set a standard really....if we only net 150 yards a game but we are 7-5 , 8-4 then thats outstanding and it doesnt matter. If we net 400 yards a game and go 5-7, but a competative in 95% of our games, thats a good sign. So it just all depends.

Maybe we find a kick return guy that averages 70 yardsba return....who knows.

You cant set a standard really....if we only net 150 yards a game but we are 7-5 , 8-4 then thats outstanding and it doesnt matter. If we net 400 yards a game and go 5-7, but a competative in 95% of our games, thats a good sign. So it just all depends.

You just set a standard by saying a record of 7-5 or 8-4 is outstanding in spite of poor offensive numbers.

Your last comment is interesting considering the "loser mentality" idea.

FTR if we go 5-7 again next year, I will be the last person on this board calling it an improvement, much less a good sign.

Chaney is a proven, more effective coach. We will get better and it should be expected. How much is the question, and noone really knows that.
And not everyone on offense will be a true freshman, that's just dumb.
ITGz83BkUecuY.gif

You just set a standard by saying a record of 7-5 or 8-4 is outstanding in spite of poor offensive numbers.

Your last comment is interesting considering the "loser mentality" idea.

FTR if we go 5-7 again next year, I will be the last person on this board calling it an improvement, much less a good sign.
Yeah I would not be very happy with 5-7 overall but it.would be possible for the offense to improve and still go 5-7, which to me say more about the HC, of which im still not sold.
And of course, winning trumps everything.

Yeah I would not be very happy with 5-7 overall but it.would be possible for the offense to improve and still go 5-7, which to me say more about the HC, of which im still not sold.
And of course, winning trumps everything.

Chaney was a good hire by Pruitt.

The next big step for Pruitt is turning the D coordinating over and learning how to manage. And continuing to bring in more talent.

I think he knows what it supposed to look like and it seems like Phil is fighting to give him all the pieces to do it with. He just has to get em all to fit.

Reactions: Remy
Chaney was a good hire by Pruitt.

The next big step for Pruitt is turning the D coordinating over and learning how to manage. And continuing to bring in more talent.

I think he knows what it supposed to look like and it seems like Phil is fighting to give him all the pieces to do it with. He just has to get em all to fit.

Pruitt ain't turning it over. Likely a micromanager like CBJ. Stage too big for him.

Pruitt ain't turning it over. Likely a micromanager like CBJ. Stage too big for him.

Disagree.

Especially with the idea that hes likely to be a micromanager based on 1 year as a head coach. Like I mentioned earlier, he has been around what it's supposed to look like. Hes as likely to mimic that pattern as anything. You dont hire Jim Chaney at 1.5+ bills to tell him how to coach. You promote Will Friend if that's your objective.

VN Store

Back