Regarding Chaney, lets get this out of the way immediately...

Can we expect Chaney to lose weight and at least look like a football coach, probably not?

Yeah! I don't remember him being as overweight as he is in the recent GA photos. I remember him being a little overweight when he was here the last time, but nothing like he is now. Looks like he swallowed a large weather balloon. I'd be concerned with his health, and how long he'll be alive, especially with all that weight being carried at his belly area.

Yall take good care of Chaney. Could not stand him before and have no use for him now. Totally and completely disappointed. Honestly, I had rather have Jeremy Pruitt calling the plays. Wish yall the best. I am through if this is true.
Hey Reelfoot vol, go to Dyersburg much?🤣🤣🤣🤭🤣🤣

The entire offense is back!!! Well, there are several they do not want but have no choice. Nothing from a Jimmys and Joes has changed just yet. But it is coming. 2 more years all of you doubters and whiners will eat crow just as the anti Barnes crowd is now.

You people , yes I said it . You people are frickin nuts . I love you but you are nuts , bi polar , delusional , etc . We are one year removed from having the worst record in our entire storied history of playing football , we showed improvement and flashes of being good again only to drop the ball to candy . We just pulled off a coup by hiring away an OC from Georgia that is one year removed from playing for a Natty and some of you are disappointed ? 🤨. Seriously WTF is wrong with some of you ? If we were a program that was winning 10 games a year and needed somebody fresh to get us over that hump I’d understand . WE ARENT ! We need a good solid coaching staff to get us to that point , then we can complain about not being able to get passed 10 wins . I think CJP and CPF made a great hire for us and our needs .

First: Chaney has to know what he is walking into.
Second: He has to know what to expect from our wonderfully patent fan base.
Third: He may really like the people and place he will be around.

As was earlier put forth in this thread, the 1-2 mil is not "big" money in this environment. Just what the market bears. So, the money likely is not the deciding factor. Could be something else entirely. We may find out when the contract is made public.

Yall take good care of Chaney. Could not stand him before and have no use for him now. Totally and completely disappointed. Honestly, I had rather have Jeremy Pruitt calling the plays. Wish yall the best. I am through if this is true.

If you weren’t through after the last decade of Kiffin, Derek Dooley, Butch Jones and their staffs, then how could you be through over Jim Chaney? You need to re-evaluate what you just said.!

Do not expect miracles in year 1. It's a brand new offense to these players, on a roster that's not very talented. Schematically, EVERYONE is a true freshman on the offensive side of the ball in 2019. Regardless of the results on the field, no one needs to be calling for Chaneys head in year one! Let them recruit and develop. It's going to take some time.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Samuellbronkowitz
Based on some of the pictures I’ve seen of him, he needs to lose some serious weight. Or he’ll have a heart attack next season as JG gets pummeled.

Do not expect miracles in year 1. It's a brand new offense to these players, on a roster that's not very talented. Schematically, EVERYONE is a true freshman on the offensive side of the ball in 2019. Regardless of the results on the field, no one needs to be calling for Chaneys head in year one! Let them recruit and develop. It's going to take some time.
You’re right on.....however, we all know there’s a “fire the OC, his play calling is too conservative, he sucks”etc, etc, crew amongst us. Doubt we get past the 2nd game before those threads are abundant on here.

This is an excellent hire and everyone needs to stand down and let this guy work. IF he and Pruitt can get some offensive talent on the roster at some point, we’ll return to having some strong, productive offenses again under Chaney.

Last edited:
Wth?

Our main problems have been up front and some good freshmen are not going to come in and take us to the top immediately.We should see good improvement this year and start climbing the hill!!

Reactions: USF grad in TN
A dumbsh*t? 🤔

Yeah, you have your expletive sh*t, which is a noun... "Sh*t" is slang for something worthless or undesirable... Then you have the word "dumb", which is an adjective for something of low intelligence, or generally considered stupid...

So you might think of a dumbsh*t as someone who has absolutely has no reading comprehension skills, lacks any ability to use context clues, and would ask what a dumbsh*t is...

Get this correct please, CJC is not getting $1.7 Million to start.

He starts at $1.5 Million for the first 2 years.

If he does well and is still here then in year 3 he gets a raise to $1.7 Milllion per year and if we're getting WINS then he's earned it.

I believe that 2 more good recruiting classes from now we'll be on the way back up to the top of the mountain and finally people will again FEAR having to play our beloved Tennessee footVol Team.

Stay positive my friends!

VFL...GBO!!!

I'm confident that CJC will maximize the offense's potential. Whatever other issues we will have, CJC will not be part of the problem.

But....when, ever, has this forum "gotten anything out of the way immediately" by saying, "let's get this out of the way immediately?" :D

Reactions: VolNExile
I'm confident that CJC will maximize the offense's potential. Whatever other issues we will have, CJC will not be part of the problem.

But....when, ever, has this forum "gotten anything out of the way immediately" by saying, "let's get this out of the way immediately?" :D
Love the avi!!! :p

Reactions: VOL_Lyfe
^^This, but unfortunately, VolNation doesn't work that way. You're being generous asking for a season, he'll catch hell after two ballgames if he doesn't produce. The benefit to having Chaney back, is him already knowing how bipolar the fan base is.

Clearly people here haven’t gone to other teams boards. To be honest, after exploring other I tend to believe we are the most giving in respect to allowing a coach tine.

If Pruitt gets a four year reset every time he hires a new coach, this could take awhile.

Pretty please. You are probably the only one on this site that feels this way.

VN Store

Back