Regarding Chaney, lets get this out of the way immediately...

Do not expect miracles in year 1. It's a brand new offense to these players, on a roster that's not very talented. Schematically, EVERYONE is a true freshman on the offensive side of the ball in 2019. Regardless of the results on the field, no one needs to be calling for Chaneys head in year one! Let them recruit and develop. It's going to take some time.
Let’s not already start lowering expectations Lyle

Reactions: Sowbug2000
Do not expect miracles in year 1. It's a brand new offense to these players, on a roster that's not very talented. Schematically, EVERYONE is a true freshman on the offensive side of the ball in 2019. Regardless of the results on the field, no one needs to be calling for Chaneys head in year one! Let them recruit and develop. It's going to take some time.

Sounds like someone is having a case of the Negavols this morning.

Reactions: Sowbug2000
Deepest condolences that whatever 6-Star OC candidate you’ve been fantasizing about couldn’t be kidnapped and brought here to this rebuilding project.

We miserable idiots will trudge along in our unenlightened but semi-cheerful relief that we have someone to get us started.

geeze
What are you talking about? Nothing but good things from me in the Chaney being hired threads.

I’m more content with the fact Chaney knows the SEC, and has proven he can get production out of the players to their level of ability. He’s not known for “coaching up” necessarily but we won’t have questions of whether or not he’s in over his head.

He needs more talent to work with though.

Yall take good care of Chaney. Could not stand him before and have no use for him now. Totally and completely disappointed. Honestly, I had rather have Jeremy Pruitt calling the plays. Wish yall the best. I am through if this is true.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. When we start winning again, don't bother knocking on that same door. You can go join the rest of the Bama bandwagon fans!

Yall take good care of Chaney. Could not stand him before and have no use for him now. Totally and completely disappointed. Honestly, I had rather have Jeremy Pruitt calling the plays. Wish yall the best. I am through if this is true.
See ya, wait...who are you? Geesh, stop taking all this so seriously, tell you what, take a break from all this until August. Loose some weight, eat healthier and everything will be ok.

Reactions: MoodyVol
What are you talking about? Nothing but good things from me in the Chaney being hired threads.
Ok, sorry, I had forgotten that after reading such things as “Hey workers, you’re getting a new boss that we are paying 1.7 mil a year, but don’t expect any results for two years.” It’s hard to keep the differing strains of pessimism straight.

Bye Felicia.

This means you've turned in your fan card and won't post at all anymore, correct?

Ok, sorry, I had forgotten that after reading such things as “Hey workers, you’re getting a new boss that we are paying 1.7 mil a year, but don’t expect any results for two years.” It’s hard to keep the differing strains of pessimism straight.
This isnt a discussion of chaney being hired thread, this is another vol fan loser mentality thread. I actually thought it was supposed to be a joke at first with the "EVERYONE on offense is a true freshman" commment, but I think he actually believes that.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. When we start winning again, don't bother knocking on that same door. You can go join the rest of the Bama bandwagon fans!
Shouldn't that now read " Clemson Bandwagon Fans"

See ya in a few months bud.

Reactions: sonofUT62
This should do the trick 😂

Reactions: volfannbama
I know you’re a big disciple of Kiffin. What would you say if you were told that Kiffin was a big voice in getting Chaney BACK to Knoxville?

Boooo, booo this man, booo.

We hired a better coordinator and should expect better results. Pretty simple concept. How much better? Who knows, let people buold their own expectations.... They dont really matter anyway.

How do you get that EVERYONE is a true freshman on offense? Thats not even close to being true.
It’s a different offense. Not waves different, but there will be a learning curve. What I got out of it.

Reactions: VolinMC and Tarkus
But freshman have been winning national championships and going to the playoffs fir the past few years

We need eight wins out of this next season anything less seems like failure because I see eight teams on the schedule we should beat. I don't want to wait any longer to have a winning season. We have almost everyone back on offense should be able to put up points. Defense is mostly back as well should be better in second season of this program.

Reactions: DC_Vol
It’s a different offense. Not waves different, but there will be a learning curve. What I got out of it.
Chaney is a proven, more effective coach. We will get better and it should be expected. How much is the question, and noone really knows that.
And not everyone on offense will be a true freshman, that's just dumb.

Well said. It’s also a perfect opportunity to make a change at QB and begin working towards the future.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
We hired a better coordinator and should expect better results. Pretty simple concept. How much better? Who knows, let people buold their own expectations.... They dont really matter anyway.

How do you get that EVERYONE is a true freshman on offense? Thats not even close to being true.
Exploiting better results and being realistic about the state of the program at this point in time is two different things... OP is saying.. UT needs time to rebuild.. It would not matter who we hired.. Until the players are developed.. Depth is built.. Consistent s&c... Isn't going to happen overnight... You know this.. Perfect example is Clemson. So yeah.. It's basically year one and a clean slate.. Unfortunately.

VN Store

Back