Regarding Chaney, lets get this out of the way immediately...

I’m more content with the fact Chaney knows the SEC, and has proven he can get production out of the players to their level of ability. He’s not known for “coaching up” necessarily but we won’t have questions of whether or not he’s in over his head.

He needs more talent to work with though.

Truth.

This feels like the first "proven" hire this program has made at offensive coordinator in years.

Probably since his first go around.

Exploiting better results and being realistic about the state of the program at this point in time is two different things... OP is saying.. UT needs time to rebuild.. It would not matter who we hired.. Until the players are developed.. Depth is built.. Consistent s&c... Isn't going to happen overnight... You know this.. Perfect example is Clemson. So yeah.. It's basically year one and a clean slate.. Unfortunately.
I expect better results than last year, especially since the majority of offensive starters have more experience. And not sure why we use the word overnight. S&C started after the vandy game. Got 8 months till our first game. Bout time we drop the loser mentality.

Do not expect miracles in year 1. It's a brand new offense to these players, on a roster that's not very talented. Schematically, EVERYONE is a true freshman on the offensive side of the ball in 2019. Regardless of the results on the field, no one needs to be calling for Chaneys head in year one! Let them recruit and develop. It's going to take some time.

How do all those other teams manage to be successful when they change OC's?

Reactions: volfannbama
How do all those other teams manage to be successful when they change OC's?

BEcause the head coach knows what he is doing and has a system already in place, sure the OC would be new but I'm the offense doesn't change that much..

Yall take good care of Chaney. Could not stand him before and have no use for him now. Totally and completely disappointed. Honestly, I had rather have Jeremy Pruitt calling the plays. Wish yall the best. I am through if this is true.
GTFO

Yall take good care of Chaney. Could not stand him before and have no use for him now. Totally and completely disappointed. Honestly, I had rather have Jeremy Pruitt calling the plays. Wish yall the best. I am through if this is true.

This is what a dumbsh*t looks like friends... Don't let it happen to your friends and family if you can help it...

Reactions: ButchPlz
Do not expect miracles in year 1. It's a brand new offense to these players, on a roster that's not very talented. Schematically, EVERYONE is a true freshman on the offensive side of the ball in 2019. Regardless of the results on the field, no one needs to be calling for Chaneys head in year one! Let them recruit and develop. It's going to take some time.
1547038388240.jpeg
Crompton is glad that Kiffin and Chaney didn't wait until year 2.

Don't think anyone expecting miracles, but some decent improvement should be expected, just as it was going to be expected before we lost our OC. Good news is Chaney can settle in here for long term, and Pruitt as head of defense means we're not going to have revolving doors at coordinator spots...which is huge, over a period of time.

Reactions: volfannbama
I suppose GA will be learning a new offense as well unless they promote from within.

I expect better results than last year, especially since the majority of offensive starters have more experience. And not sure why we use the word overnight. S&C started after the vandy game. Got 8 months till our first game. Bout time we drop the loser mentality.
I agree on the loser mentality.. I want to win now also.. But I also know there are a lot of dynamics involved too.. Continuity is key..

so, utad is paying JC $1.7MM to be our OC?

wow, does that make him the highest paid OC in the country and, if so, how does this affect the rate of pay for all coaching compensation?

Now we're concerned with appearance as well? Won't good production and more wins suffice?
More concerned about his health, hence his longevity in the program. He can't possibly be considered to be healthy with morbid obesity. And he definitely fits that description.

If we don't drop 50 on each of our first three opponents, we should fire Chaney before the UF kickoff.

Rarely do I laugh so hard at stupidity but this morning reading through some of this I must admit I did....yes Kilroy I did. Sometimes I feel like a nuclear physicist reading a first graders explanation of uranium fission....

If Rick Barnes takes the Vols to the final 4 in year 3, we expect the same from Pruitt his year 3, no questions asked.

To expect anything less would be un-Volnation like.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back