Recruits visiting during Pitt game

It would have been a fun trip to go to Pittsburg this weekend, but I already had travel plans coming up and it just didn't fit my schedule. Hopefully there will be enough Vols in the stands for the players to know they are there,

Pitt-WVU was not only a sellout... it was the largest crowd in the stadium's history.

The capacity of the stadium is 68,400.

The crowd last Thursday was 70,622.

The largest crowd to ever watch a sporting event in the history of the city of Pittsburgh. Bigger than any Steelers game. (That is because Pitt sold 2500 standing-room-only seats... and the Steelers never sell SRO seats).
WVU is a great traveling fan base. Send them a thank you note for filling the stadium.

Frankly, I hope they find a way to move it to Thanksgiving weekend and make it every year.

If Clemson-SC, Ky-Lville, FSU-Florida, GT-UGA can all play later in the year..... so can Pitt-WVU.

Well, you guys also have a very natural rivalry with Penn State as well and that would be a killer matchup on Thanksgiving weekend. But having more than one OOC major rival can be tough on the athletic department's budget - or at least it is for Tennessee. We play 8 conference games and 4 OOC so we have either 7 or 8 home games every year and that's a good for revenue (the school and the community). Maybe the increased TV money can more than make that up - It would be good to have 10 "real" opponents every year and drop down to 2 tune up games. Of course, those tune up games are how many smaller schools make their budget so if they can't get those games they would be in financial trouble. I believe we paid Ball State $1.5 million for last week's game.

Everybody has got in the NIL game now. We had an advantage for a little while because some schools were holding back. It seems to have disapated.
I'm not sure it's that. Because we have other high ranked guys at other positions.

Last year was better fro WR recruiting, but even that wasn't and elite class.
White and Webb will be really good.
Cam Miller is already at DB and Nimrod is going to take time.

Seldon is an ATH that prefers WR, but he'll have more carries than catches imo.

Hopefully the transfer portal will continue to grace us

It's the usual factions of arrogant fans heavily invested in anti-Vols conspiracy theory. Mainly looking for something to gripe about. The resulting outcome is their exuding a mixture of CH4(g)+2O2(g)⟶CO2(g)+2H2O(l) and 2H2(g)+O2(g)⟶2H2O(l) from their northern orifice rather than the mid southern orifice. Such incidents are rather common in Volnation, to the chagrin of most of us.
Nothing wrong with a little catalytic oxidation.

Reactions: UT_Dutchman
Sorry, man. I thought it was a good topic, unfortunately it went sideways.

I don't care about seats and hope that the recruits are given a reason to consider UT.
Wingo is giving Tn a serious look. Williams is more than likely A&M bound. Neither of these guys are going to Pitt imo

Reactions: JRich
Pitt did not "lower" UT's allotment. Not by a single seat.

UT got the exact same allotment as every visiting team has gotten since 2001 when the stadium opened. The same allotment Clemson, Florida State, Notre Dame, PSU, WVU, Michigan State, Nebraska, Iowa, Texas A&M got.

Man.. fake news really travels fast....
So they’re just petty and don’t reciprocate with any university? UT should have known this ahead of last year and given them those same number of tickets and PLEASE GIVE NO MORE! to paraphrase Bobby Denton. I get that they’re in a smaller NFL stadium but that is sorry.

Reactions: goodtobegoad
Tennessee supplied 2,200 seats in a 100,000 seat stadium that is a big bowl with bleacher-style seats.

Pitt supplied 1,500 seats in a 68,000 seat stadium that is an NFL stadium with individual seats and not a single bad seat in the house.

Fake news travels fast.

The fake news is you believing you aren’t gonna get that ass whipped tomorrow. Fake news that!

25% full of visiting fans is a better look than 25% empty seats. Pitt recruits on their close ties with the Steelers (they share a practice facility) and for their record of getting players into the NFL who were 2- and 3-star players out of high school (Aaron Donald, Kenny Pickett - two glaring examples).

Pitt doesn't recruit on "attendance". We have 50k die-hard Panther fans - but that's it. We only have 17k undergrad enrollment so we don't pump out the sheer number of alumni that B1G and SEC schools do.

Sounds like excuses to me…..

Reactions: UTFanHades
They supplied upper tickets while UT supplied lower bowl. Not exactly comparing apples to apples but I’d be embarrassed too
Neyland is all bench seats designed for 105 pound people.

Every seat at Heinz is a good seat..... arm rests, comfortable, cup holders, and great view.

You're right, it is no comparison. Upper deck at Heinz are better seats than lower bowl at Neyland.

Everybody has got in the NIL game now. We had an advantage for a little while because some schools were holding back. It seems to have disapated.
But Heupel and company made the most of that opportunity. Nico was a potential once in a generation get from a program building perspective. That could have cut two years off of the rebuild calendar. It woke a lot of other recruits up to what is happening in Knoxville

Every seat at Heinz is a good seat..... arm rests, comfortable, cup holders, and great view.

You're right, it is no comparison. Upper deck at Heinz are better seats than lower bowl at Neyland.
But do they have luxury trough style men’s restrooms like we do? 😂😂😂

I yelled at these ‘Cruits “Knoxville’s an EVEN BETTER city, ‘Cruits”

Their guide laughed and admitted “it is…we had a good time there last year” * I WANT HIM TO BE EMBARRASSED IN FRONT OF THESE BOYS LATER

974EAE70-99FC-4823-AED1-29BB4A2D0A33.jpeg

Reactions: Strateegery

That’s some heavy water to carry-don’t hurt your back!

Your just wrong so why not stfu. There is not a bad view in the Grand Cathedral called Neyland. Here's my seats, sure looks like they have armrests and backs.20220901_205116.jpg

Reactions: Rgntddybrvol91

VN Store

Back