Recruits visiting during Pitt game

Maybe this is why Pitt lowered UT allotment. How embarrassing will it be when this home, high-profile game is in a stadium coated with UT Orange. If (when) we win as well — could be a real bad look for Pitt.
Pitt did not "lower" UT's allotment. Not by a single seat.

UT got the exact same allotment as every visiting team has gotten since 2001 when the stadium opened. The same allotment Clemson, Florida State, Notre Dame, PSU, WVU, Michigan State, Nebraska, Iowa, Texas A&M got.

Man.. fake news really travels fast....

UT got the exact same allotment as every visiting team has gotten since 2001 when the stadium opened. The same allotment Clemson, Florida State, Notre Dame, PSU, WVU, Michigan State, Nebraska, Iowa, Texas A&M got.

Sounds like they just don't have the decency to provide good seats for the visiting team

Maybe this is why Pitt lowered UT allotment. How embarrassing will it be when this home, high-profile game is in a stadium coated with UT Orange. If (when) we win as well — could be a real bad look for Pitt.
Pitt / WV didn’t come close to selling out. I doubt this game will.

You’re right, what the title should say is that Pitt isn’t as gracious as Tennessee was in providing seats.

Pitt / WV didn’t come close to selling out. I doubt this game will.
Pitt-WVU was not only a sellout... it was the largest crowd in the stadium's history.

The capacity of the stadium is 68,400.

The crowd last Thursday was 70,622.

The largest crowd to ever watch a sporting event in the history of the city of Pittsburgh. Bigger than any Steelers game. (That is because Pitt sold 2500 standing-room-only seats... and the Steelers never sell SRO seats).

You’re right, what the title should say is that Pitt isn’t as gracious as Tennessee was in providing seats.

Tennessee supplied 2,200 seats in a 100,000 seat stadium that is a big bowl with bleacher-style seats.

Pitt supplied 1,500 seats in a 68,000 seat stadium that is an NFL stadium with individual seats and not a single bad seat in the house.

Fake news travels fast.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
Tennessee supplied 2,200 seats in a 100,000 seat stadium that is a big bowl with bleacher-style seats.

Pitt supplied 1,500 seats in a 68,000 seat stadium that is an NFL stadium with individual seats and not a single bad seat in the house.

Fake news travels fast.
Forgive them, there is a persecution complex which runs through our fanbase. It's human nature, things haven't been going well the last decade plus for UT so some people feel the need to create goblins and other fictitious repositories of blame. Bad news for opponents is that we sincerely seem to be coming out of it. I'm looking forward to Saturday.

Pitt-WVU was not only a sellout... it was the largest crowd in the stadium's history.

The capacity of the stadium is 68,400.

The crowd last Thursday was 70,622.

The largest crowd to ever watch a sporting event in the history of the city of Pittsburgh. Bigger than any Steelers game. (That is because Pitt sold 2500 standing-room-only seats... and the Steelers never sell SRO seats).
That's a cute record

We're not even on Hykeem Williams radar...

That's crazy to me. He's in the same class as Nico and not even considering the Vols.

I love two of or WR commits in Nathan Leacock and Cameron Seldon. But overall the recruiting for the position has been wierd.

It was better last year, before kids even saw the product on the field.

Reactions: JRich

That's crazy to me. He's in the same class as Nico and not even considering the Vols.

I love two of or WR commits in Nathan Leacock and Cameron Seldon. But overall the recruiting for the position has been wierd.

Everybody has got in the NIL game now. We had an advantage for a little while because some schools were holding back. It seems to have disapated.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

Apologies. You’re an equal opportunity screw job artist.

I think Spillman can ultimately be the "steal" of this class.

Everybody has got in the NIL game now. We had an advantage for a little while because some schools were holding back. It seems to have disapated.
True but not all NIL's are equal. Now it turns into an arms race to see who can do it most effectively and with the most sustained fan support. I like UT's odds among the top 10 or so in that respect

Reactions: igotworms
Forgive them, there is a persecution complex which runs through our fanbase. It's human nature, things haven't been going well the last decade plus for UT so some people feel the need to create goblins and other fictitious repositories of blame. Bad news for opponents is that we sincerely seem to be coming out of it. I'm looking forward to Saturday.
Unfrozen has a way of saying things so that we can understand…them.
1662653211014.gif

@UPitt 89 Respond at your own peril.
Peril? LOL.

Pitt offered 1,500 seats out of 68,400. Since there are no bad seats at Heinz... that's 1,500 good seats.
UT offered 2,200 seats out of 101,915.

The offerings from the two schools were comparable. You guys have your panties in a wad over literally nothing.

Peril? LOL.

Pitt offered 1,500 seats out of 68,400. Since there are no bad seats at Heinz... that's 1,500 good seats.
UT offered 2,200 seats out of 101,915.

The offerings from the two schools were comparable. You guys have your panties in a wad over literally nothing.
You missed the point. Personally I think the visitor seat allotment is in general a bad look for Pitt but I don't really care. I go to away games because they're closer to where I live. I never sit in the visitor's section. We essentially took over a large section behind the UT bench at Mizzou last year.

My point is that you don't want to challenge @butchna 's smart assery. He's an expert. (that's a compliment btw)

You missed the point. Personally I think the visitor seat allotment is in general a bad look for Pitt but I don't really care. I go to away games because they're closer to where I live. I never sit in the visitor's section. We essentially took over a large section behind the UT bench at Mizzou last year.

My point is that you don't want to challenge @butchna 's smart assery. He's an expert. (that's a compliment btw)
And there is a potential... if UT bought up every available seat at Heinz (I refuse to call it Acrisure)... that UT could have 20,000 there on Saturday.

But reportedly, the amount of tickets sold is in the 60-62k range.... and since Pitt has 44k season ticket holders and 8k student season ticket holders.... I predict the crowd mix will be about 50k Pitt and 10k Tennessee. Give or take 2k on either number.

VN Store

Back