Recruiting

House of Neyland

Currently ranked 31 on Rivals and 247 and 11th in the SEC it’s been very quiet on commitments as well. Anyone else concerned ? or is it too early to be worried about this class being so low. I really like what I see from Heupel so far and his ability to coach up players but we will never close the gap with Florida , Georgia and Bama being outside the top 5 in the SEC in recruiting. That’s my biggest concern with him is can he recruit at a high enough level here and no surprise Georgia and Bama are 1 and 2 currently in the 2022 rankings.

I would like this class to be highly ranked as well but this ‘22 class was always going to be transfer heavy. We need guys who can step in and contribute next season instead of two or three seasons down the road.

I honestly wouldn’t judge the staff’s recruiting ability too much until the ‘23 class.

I think he'll have to work wonders in the transfer portal..Closing the gap on talent against the better teams in this league is going to be tough. Doesn't help with the NCAA dragging their feet with whatever BS conclusion and punishment coming. If they get around to it in the next 5 years.

I really would like to know how many potential portal candidates are interested in us. Is there any way for outsiders like us to gauge that?

Reactions: NighthawkVol
I think concerns are legitimate but Heupel and company came in with the obvious disadvantages.

Regardless, they need to close strong and nail it in the transfer portal.

Agree with the sentiment of leaning on transfers the next couple of seasons.

Reactions: lenoxvol
A little early in this recruiting cycle to fret too much. If Tn keeps playing strong against teams no one thinks they should compete with the class will get better. Signing day is all that matters.

Reactions: lenoxvol
I still think the ncaa cloud is hurting us.

We have seen his coaching ability and it’s good enough to draw some guys in.

Transfer portal and juco will likely fill our spots this year.

I agree, even though I feel most of the problem is coming from negative comments from other schools. (have on proof of this just a feeling)

A lot of teams that Vols recruit against are underperforming, chiefly Clemson. This cycle presents a window to flip some trends. It is hurting the Vols a lot more that they are sucking wind in-state than any predictions of NCAA sanctions. I have heard high school coaches talk about this being an effective message based on feedback they're getting from their players.

2 things have to be what's killing us considering the kids can easily see that CJH and his staff are good at coaching kids up very well.

1...The useless NCAA cloud over our head.

2...All the other coaches telling every kid that has any interest at all in UT that the NCAA will probably ban us from any bowl games for 2 or 3 years and that they'll take away lots of schollies for several years so it will take UT many years to build back up to being any good.

CJH and staff can't really refute all the bad things all the other coaches are saying about us because they just don't know and have no ways to prove anything they might say.

Our Admin needs to get up off their butts and comfront the useless NCAA and tell them to end this crap and that we've punished ourselves enough and to say exactly that and put a final end to this farce of a investigation and get this cloud that's hanging over our heads gone NOW!

I believe that after the useless NCAA crap is done that our recruiting will pick up by a big margin because all the other coaches won't have the NCAA crap as their primary weapon against us.

VFL...GBO!!!

Yes Heup and company need to hit the transfer portal and juco route hard this off-season. This NCAA cloud hanging over us is def not helping things.

Currently ranked 31 on Rivals and 247 and 11th in the SEC it’s been very quiet on commitments as well. Anyone else concerned ? or is it too early to be worried about this class being so low. I really like what I see from Heupel so far and his ability to coach up players but we will never close the gap with Florida , Georgia and Bama being outside the top 5 in the SEC in recruiting. That’s my biggest concern with him is can he recruit at a high enough level here and no surprise Georgia and Bama are 1 and 2 currently in the 2022 rankings.
Usually I'd say players wanted to see how the team played, but now we've got pending violations and Pruitt threatening us.

Finally get a great staff, exciting play and now recruiting will fall apart. Typical Tennessee. Always this_ close

The negative recruiting has been non stop since he was hired. Even in state players weren’t interested. Multi year bowl ban, deep scholarship cuts are the rumors cited by other schools. He had no product to sell. But now that he does, it’s probably too late for most of the class. We are gonna be portal shoppers - rather than sellers - this go round. That doesn’t show up in the rankings.

VN Store

Back