Recruiting

It would be a successful season if Tennessee can somehow finish 6-6. I think Tennessee most likely will win 4-5 games.
Cant blame you. I think we win at least 3 non conference, plus Vandy and S Car. Pitt, Ole Miss, Kentucky and Mizz will be the other opportunities. And we will get at least one, in my opinion.

I think we win 7 games next season. Hope the defense comes around quickly. Offense will have some growing pains but should get on track.

Go VOLS

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
First off, you seem to have created a VN account solely to trash Heupel. You weren't even on this board before and literally every post you've made is just trashing Heupel.
But back to recruiting ... the #75 class was due to a lower number of scholarships. Not a drop in average recruit rating. In fact, the 2020 class had a higher average star rating than the 2018 class. You're really stretching it here and it looks more like you don't understand recruiting and the various rules associated with it

Even worse, though, you're now taking a crap CBS Sports article and posting it as some sorta argument. Who gives a crap what CBS Sports said? They thought Charlie Strong to Texas and USF were "A" hires. They thought Mark Stoops at Kentucky was a weak hire. They are consistently wrong.

None of this is to say Heupel will succeed here. I don't know. But I do know you seem to have solely showed up on this board to trash Heupel and none of your arguments are particularly compelling. "Well, uh, CBS Sports doesn't like him." Most sports writers are even less informed than the people on these message boards. If your opinions are based off of crap sportswriters, then they aren't even worth discussing.

Well I think we’re done here.

Reactions: bigl3327
I think Heupel is a bright offensive mind and will def improve our lackluster offense but my concern is can he recruit at a high enough level here to succeed. And is it a huge deal even if he can’t recruit to the level of Butch and Pruitt if he does a better job of in game coaching and coaching the kids up. We all know Butch and Pruitt were good recruiters but terrible in game coaches with their recruits especially Pruitt. I do think JH will get 5 full seasons here to turn it around. What are you guys overall expectations for Heupel?

It's almost impossible for him to start off strong right now.

His on field results are the only thing that can help him. And despite what some think...there is speed and talent all across the board on offense.

Defensively, if they can just be a top 50 type defense then we will win 8 games.

And the recruiting will turn up mid-season.

His on field results are the only thing that can help him. And despite what some think...there is speed and talent all across the board on offense.

Defensively, if they can just be a top 50 type defense then we will win 8 games.

This. Exactly this.

People don’t want to hear this but we are going to have to be really patient these next 5 years. This will not be a 3 year turnaround. We may win a game or two we aren’t expected to win but I predict we lose some games that we don’t expect to lose. We have seen numerous times that quality depth is needed to finish games and we will not have that for 3-4 years depending on how bad the NCAA penalties are. With the exodus of players this year that we cannot replace because of the 25 rule, we will be playing behind the 8 ball all year. I expect Vandy to beat us again but hope I’m wrong.

If, CJH can lead Tennessee to 6 wins this season, doesn't that set him up to catch the wrath of Volnation, if he doesn't get past or equal that total the next season?

If, CJH can lead Tennessee to 6 wins this season, doesn't that set him up to catch the wrath of Volnation, if he doesn't get past or equal that total the next season?

If he gets 6 wins it will be fine as long as the team looks well coached and not the Beldar bozo show. People will be patient, I hope. CJH is inheriting a mess. The entire college football world knows Beldar left a raging dumpster fire. 6 wins is good, 7 is great, 8 and he's COY in the SEC.

Reactions: feathersax

No matter what at least we get to see some good football being played by our vols

2012: #96
2013: #79
2014: #68
2015: #71
2016: #65
2017: #55
-----------
2018: #62
2019: #60
2020: #75
2021: #55

Yeah, it really fell off the map, huh? Looks kinda like his most recent class was the best in UCF history. And even that 2020 class at #75 was mostly due to UCF taking a lower number of players; not a drop in star rating. I don't know how his recruiting will translate to the SEC, but there's nothing in his track record at UCF that supports anything you've said.
But another take, is Look at what they were able to do with those classes? If he can pull 25th class at least, it should bode well. And does it also represent Coaching them up! To have the success overall, case in point! What offensively he did at Mizzou while there

People don’t want to hear this but we are going to have to be really patient these next 5 years. This will not be a 3 year turnaround. We may win a game or two we aren’t expected to win but I predict we lose some games that we don’t expect to lose. We have seen numerous times that quality depth is needed to finish games and we will not have that for 3-4 years depending on how bad the NCAA penalties are. With the exodus of players this year that we cannot replace because of the 25 rule, we will be playing behind the 8 ball all year. I expect Vandy to beat us again but hope I’m wrong.
Many fans are willing to be patient with this New AD and coaching staff. However, we will continue to see want to be fanes who will be ready to fire the whole Staf, the AD and the players as soon as the lose a couple of games. It Is time for most of them to shoe they have some intelligence and realize that it will take time to restock SEC type players and get us back to a contender.

VN Store

Back