Recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean he is a five star so you always have enough room for them

Sure there's room, but I can guarantee one of the selling points to Blackwell will be PT. Also, you can bet that Tyndall will make Blackwell and Ado a priority next AAU season, hard to make more than 1/2 guys feel like they're a priority. Maybe Pinkins can land Kegler without help, but I'm just giving by opinion that it's highly unlikely at this point.

Sure there's room, but I can guarantee one of the selling points to Blackwell will be PT. Also, you can bet that Tyndall will make Blackwell and Ado a priority next AAU season, hard to make more than 1/2 guys feel like they're a priority. Maybe Pinkins can land Kegler without help, but I'm just giving by opinion that it's highly unlikely at this point.
Sounds like a good situation to be in IMO. Having 3 5 stars interested in you.

Reactions: 1 person
No doubt, just gotta land them though. We had 3 or 4 interested in the 2015 class and likely won't land 1.

Just wait til College Basketball free agency starts in April and I promise you we will end up landing a couple of Top 100 guys and end up with a solid class. I like the 2 we have committed so far.

jeffborzello: Thu 01:46pm SMU and Tennessee will watch 2016 forward Micah Thomas today.

I believe this will be Ado's second time on campus in the last couple of months. He would be an amazing get by CDK.

I believe this will be Ado's second time on campus in the last couple of months. He would be an amazing get by CDK.

At least his 3rd trip since Tyndall got the job, if not 4th.

I said early on we needed be able to finally take advantage of being the school "up the road" for a top prospect, and it looks like we are doing that.

The SEC looks like it might be adding another contender to the mix. A&M looks like it is getting serious about basketball and will probably have a top 5 (in the nation) 2015 class. This is good news for the SEC. A&M has the money and the recruiting base in Texas to help the SEC overall in basketball.

Minutes after I say I don't think there any firm offers, this top 100 4 star pops up.

“@NICKIRV: Morgan Park 6'1 PG @Marcus_LoVett aka Bright Lights just pick up a scholarship offer From Tennessee Congrats bro”

Moved to Chicago from California where he had some great HS seasons.

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/marcus-lovett-jr/JsahnzB2EeOZXQAmVebBJg/gendersport/basketball-stats.htm

A roundup of his recruitment

http://m.dailyillini.com/sports/men_sports/men_basketball/article_aad529b6-4dad-11e4-a9c1-0017a43b2370.html?mode=jqm

Check out this video.
http://youtu.be/amZf9tDhK48

No 91 in Rivals.

Last edited:
Maybe so, but I think if any of those guys had a firm offer, they'd have accepted by now. Carter doesn't claim a firm offer. His Dad was quoted as saying he didn't. I wish he did.

I think Martin definitely has one, interesting on Carter though, hadn't seen that? Where was this?

Minutes after I say I don't think there any firm offers, this top 100 4 star pops up.

“@NICKIRV: Morgan Park 6'1 PG @Marcus_LoVett aka Bright Lights just pick up a scholarship offer From Tennessee Congrats bro”

Marcus LoVett Jr.'s (San Gabriel, CA) High School Basketball Stats

Illini recruiting watch: Marcus LoVett - Men's Basketball - Daily Illini

Check out this video.
Marcus LoVett INSANE Junior Year Mixtape! Most Handles In High School!! - YouTube

No 91 in Rivals.

Been seeing highlights of this kid since he was in 8th grade. His handles and passing are crazy good.

I think Martin definitely has one, interesting on Carter though, hadn't seen that? Where was this?

The quote from his Dad is in this story.

Scout.com - College and High School Football, Basketball, Recruiting, NFL, and MLB Front Page

Rob Lewis said TN is holding off to watch him over the winter. Lewis was the first one to mention Martin, too, and - while he thinks Tennessee is more interested in him than Carter (baffling to me), Rob hasn't reported an offer yet.

Marcus LoVett Jr.'s (San Gabriel, CA) High School Basketball Stats

Illini recruiting watch: Marcus LoVett - Men's Basketball - Daily Illini

Check out this video.
Marcus LoVett INSANE Junior Year Mixtape! Most Handles In High School!! - YouTube

No 91 in Rivals.

Could be an interesting one to watch, seems very high on Kansas, but is he a take for Kansas? That's a legitimate question and depending on who they land in the 2015 class they may not have room for him.

The quote from his Dad is in this story.

Scout.com - College and High School Football, Basketball, Recruiting, NFL, and MLB Front Page

Rob Lewis said TN is holding off to watch him over the winter. Lewis was the first one to mention Martin, too, and - while he thinks Tennessee is more interested in him than Carter (baffling to me), Rob hasn't reported an offer yet.

Figured Tennessee would wanna watch him in JUCO, wasn't very impressive at OM that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back