Recruiting news

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may not be that Tyndall has to cut anyone, attrition is very possible. Not that any of these are all that likely, but could Hubbs have a monster year and go to the NBA? Could Reese not play much, graduate in 3 years and decide to transfer out for more PT somewhere else? Could Dom get into trouble like he did at Memphis and find himself looking for a new home? Could 1 of freshman posts decide they're homesick and likely not to beat out the other 2 so they decide to transfer?

Lots of possibilities, all of which could make it where Tyndall doesn't have to cut anyone.

True didn't think of that and if any of those things happen I'd rather hubbs have a big year and help us over achieve

He was committed to Florida State, is a top 10 JUCO player this season, I think he's definitely SEC level. The only issue I have is that he's another wing, when are we gonna see a PG?!

This would be a "take the best player left on the board" move. I'd rather they do this than take a reach PG in the Fall. Wait for Spring developments there.

It may not be that Tyndall has to cut anyone, attrition is very possible. Not that any of these are all that likely, but could Hubbs have a monster year and go to the NBA? Could Reese not play much, graduate in 3 years and decide to transfer out for more PT somewhere else? Could Dom get into trouble like he did at Memphis and find himself looking for a new home? Could 1 of freshman posts decide they're homesick and likely not to beat out the other 2 so they decide to transfer?

Lots of possibilities, all of which could make it where Tyndall doesn't have to cut anyone.

Dom getting in trouble is most likely IMO.

There was a poster on VQ yesterday that had attended one of the practices. He claimed Woodson was running 2nd team and progressing. I am not going to link something I don't know for sure to be accurate. B Fred also said that he had lost 10 lbs.

There was a poster on VQ yesterday that had attended one of the practices. He claimed Woodson was running 2nd team and progressing. I am not going to link something I don't know for sure to be accurate. B Fred also said that he had lost 10 lbs.

Only reason I asked is I hadn't seen any recent reports

FYI, TIFWIW: Tyndall visited Josh Langford '16 AL SG today. Staff (maybe including Tyndall?) saw him a couple weeks ago also.

Langford was the Auburn vs LA Tech game yesterday. He seems pretty heavy on Duke so it'll be touch for Auburn or Tennessee to flip him.

I can live with a class of Clarke, Phillips, Schofield, and Carter for year two. It provides a healthy positional balance to the previous class of Woodson, Owens, Carmichael, McGhee, Mostella, Punter, & Baulkman, plus the return of Hubbs, Moore, & Reese.

Obviously, one of those last 10 will become a victim of attrition to make room for the 4 new potential players, but this doesn't look awful for 2015-16...

PG: Punter, Carter
SG: Mostella, Clarke, Phillips
SF/G: Hubbs, Baulkman, Schofield
PF: Moore, Carmichael, Reese, McGhee
C: Woodson, Owens

Four seniors in Punter, Baulkman, Moore, & Reese allow you to take another diverse positional blend in the 2016 class.

I can live with a class of Clarke, Phillips, Schofield, and Carter for year two. It provides a healthy positional balance to the previous class of Woodson, Owens, Carmichael, McGhee, Mostella, Punter, & Baulkman, plus the return of Hubbs, Moore, & Reese.

Obviously, one of those last 10 will become a victim of attrition to make room for the 4 new potential players, but this doesn't look awful for 2015-16...

PG: Punter, Carter
SG: Mostella, Clarke, Phillips
SF/G: Hubbs, Baulkman, Schofield
PF: Moore, Carmichael, Reese, McGhee
C: Woodson, Owens

Four seniors in Punter, Baulkman, Moore, & Reese allow you to take another diverse positional blend in the 2016 class.

I will too.....wouldnt be a bad class for his first real class and shows promise for future classes. I do wish we would get a big man though although we may not need one if Dom, Owens, Carmichael, and Mcghee work out.

I will too.....wouldnt be a bad class for his first real class and shows promise for future classes. I do wish we would get a big man though although we may not need one if Dom, Owens, Carmichael, and Mcghee work out.

I think this staff is more involved with Shawntrez Davis than what most realize, the guys is just very quiet on his recruitment so it's hard to know for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back