Recruiting Forum Weight Loss Advice Thread

Counting calories is my best advice. When you get the hang of it, you can find pretty satisfying things to eat and run a deficit every day. I just lost 13 lbs (from 196 to 183 at 6' 2") in 6 weeks for my trip to St. Thomas. I count calories, protein, and fiber. I figured out that my maintenance for me is about 2400 calories per day. I ran an average of a 600 calorie deficit per day, varying between 1400-2200 calories.

That requires a lot of focus and attention, so if you don't want to do that, try little hacks. One thing to try is figure out your 5 favorite things to eat that hurt your diet and give up 2 or 3 of them. I love chocolate chip cookies/baked treats so much, so when I give them up, I'm not really tempted by some BS that I don't love. I'm not giving up cc cookies so i can stay chubby on sugar soda. It really works for me.

I also have a friend who lost a lot of weight by eating pretty much whatever (within reason) at meal time, and eating only fruit or vegetables between meals. That seems like a pretty good hack.

Reactions: MAD
So something triggered me to start eating a lot, and not so healthy foods the last few days, I think it started with the Super Bowl party with all the snacks and Chipotle that we ordered. Continued eating bad Monday and Tuesday. In those 3 days I put on 6 or 7 pounds. I have to buckle down and get back on track. This morning I started following my healthy routine again. Thought it would help me by posting it here instead of keeping it inside and beating myself up. Thanks for listening.

So something triggered me to start eating a lot, and not so healthy foods the last few days, I think it started with the Super Bowl party with all the snacks and Chipotle that we ordered. Continued eating bad Monday and Tuesday. In those 3 days I put on 6 or 7 pounds. I have to buckle down and get back on track. This morning I started following my healthy routine again. Thought it would help me by posting it here instead of keeping it inside and beating myself up. Thanks for listening.

It happens man, but you got control of it within 3 days. As for the 6-7 pounds you registered I wouldn't take that at face value.

Reactions: VolNExile and MAD

VN Store

Back