'19 Recruiting Forum: Official UGA Pregame/Game Thread

I have a feeling it will.
I think so. Had a few coaching complaints but no more than usual with any staff.
We were just flat out horse'd. Tired with no depth. Below avg QB play for 2.5 to 3 quarters and the DL is absolutely horrible as expected.
Never gonna beat a legit opponent if their QB has 5 seconds to throw on average.

But tackling appears to be a coaching issue and it's worrisome.

I think so. Had a few coaching complaints but no more than usual with any staff.
We were just flat out horse'd. Tired with no depth. Below avg QB play for 2.5 to 3 quarters and the DL is absolutely horrible as expected.
Never gonna beat a legit opponent if their QB has 5 seconds to throw on average.

But tackling appears to be a coaching issue and it's worrisome.
Tackling is concerning. But we’re just so far away. Need at least 2 more classes like the last one.

If we make that field goal and Maurer doesn't get hammered and fumble that ball we would be looking at a 36-20 final at the worst. Possibly 36-24. I'm not mad at all in the effort of this team from today. The d line is not very good but they played hard. Same can be said for most everyone. And Maurer looked like a "dude."

Tackling is concerning. But we’re just so far away. Need at least 2 more classes like the last one.
Still hear Pruitt complain A LOT about not wrapping up on each coach's show, so I know he's a big believer.
Not sure where the disconnect is along the line. It's baffling. That and letting their guys fall forward for extra yards.

Reactions: Rishvol
Still hear Pruitt complain A LOT about not wrapping up on each coach's show, so I know he's a big believer.
Not sure where the disconnect is along the line. It's baffling. That and letting their guys fall forward for extra yards.
Even what he said at half time is the same things we say. So, he def knows where the problems are. I mean, I don’t know, maybe these dudes are just hardheaded.

Heard from someone at the game that JJ got onto the offensive line pretty hard after a sack ended the drive. Caused a big ruckus between the team that had to be broken up. I wonder if we’ll hear more about it.
Good. That’s what this team needs...leadership and accountability! Call out your teammates when they screw up.

If we make that field goal and Maurer doesn't get hammered and fumble that ball we would be looking at a 36-20 final at the worst. Possibly 36-24. I'm not mad at all in the effort of this team from today. The d line is not very good but they played hard. Same can be said for most everyone. And Maurer looked like a "dude."
Mistake on Maurer's part and he made several but the big difference is he's a freshman, I expect mistakes and it was still less than JG.

He got to 50% tonight and actually had more TDs than interceptions. Definitely not great but enough improvement to roll with for the future, imo. Get 4 quarters a game like the 1st and he can win. Especially if Chaney can keep working with him.

But that happened. Pretending it didn’t is a coping mechanism, not dealing with reality.

People thought Georgia would break Maurer, and didn't want him thrown out there, but he's tough. As a Freshman, I felt more reliable then the veteran JG. Just roll with him and hope we get some good recruits.

I do think our very loud Tennessee fans and spirited team put on a good show for recruits in the first half. Kirby had to play his first team the whole game (Maybe the last few minutes he substituted?) I bet he didn't expect that from the lowly VOLS. Notice he was jumping around and hollering when they sacked (hurt) Maurer. I am not a fan of Kirby.

I can say this. When we made it 14-10, my 9 year old and 4 year old ran out of the room and grabbed their UT hats. They were so excited that we were playing them tight.

It was a glimmer of hope and while our program should be better than that, it made me smile after the last 7 games.

A tear of joy ran down my face😭 thanks for sharing 🤘🏽 GO vols🍊

Reactions: AppStVol
Even what he said at half time is the same things we say. So, he def knows where the problems are. I mean, I don’t know, maybe these dudes are just hardheaded.

I dunno how hard it is to understand the concept of “wrapping up” it is pretty dang simple. You are taught it from day one of playing football.....

Wrap up. Drive through.

People thought Georgia would break Maurer, and didn't want him thrown out there, but he's tough. As a Freshman, I felt more reliable then the veteran JG. Just roll with him and hope we get some good recruits.

I do think our very loud Tennessee fans and spirited team put on a good show for recruits in the first half. Kirby had to play his first team the whole game (Maybe the last few minutes he substituted?) I bet he didn't expect that from the lowly VOLS. Notice he was jumping around and hollering when they sacked (hurt) Maurer. I am not a fan of Kirby.

He and his lap dog Glen Schuman were def laughing with their smug faces. He’s a little peckerhead and will get his.

One game I’ll be pulling for the Gumps if it comes.

1 - QB
1 - RB
4 - WR
4 - OL
0 - TE

5 - DL
6 - LB
4 - DBs

IMO...

Hill is obviously QB #3 after Shrout transfers. So I can live with 1 QB.

I want 2 RB's. Exchange one WR for that as we know Hodge can also play LB if he doesn't make it at RB. Want 4 DL and move one to DB's. We stink on the back end at S and NB. Guys that grow too big can be moved to OLB. With a 3 man DL, 4 is plenty based on the current roster. The current roster guys are improving and getting stronger. Simmons will be a load next season. We need pass rushing OLB's badly and ILB's badly. Load up.

If Maurer can make the reads he did tonight he’ll shed MISSST, UK, Vandy, UAB, and maybe USC. Aside from Bama this is as rough as it gets.

Completely agree. He will spot the reads he missed, both pre-snap and coverage as he reviews the video. This kid is the real deal - has all the throws and moves well in the pocket. That last sack/incompletion on 4th down of JG at the end was a classic. Maurer would have seen the open lane on the safety blitz and immediately ran outside. Saw him do that very thing a couple of times during the game. JG freezes until the guy is on him then tries to move away. Gets nailed. We've seen it for 3 seasons now.

Maurer lifts all boats, JG sinks them. The coaches need to help him by not over rotating O-line. Wright is not ready to play OT. He is fine at OG. One more game against the elite, then they have a great shot at winning some games.

Reactions: Geaux_Vols
Hill is obviously QB #3 after Shrout transfers. So I can live with 1 QB.

I want 2 RB's. Exchange one WR for that as we know Hodge can also play LB if he doesn't make it at RB. Want 4 DL and move one to DB's. We stink on the back end at S and NB. Guys that grow too big can be moved to OLB. With a 3 man DL, 4 is plenty based on the current roster. The current roster guys are improving and getting stronger. Simmons will be a load next season. We need pass rushing OLB's badly and ILB's badly. Load up.
DBs will always look bad when you have no pash rush. Our DL is the worst unit and then linebacker. We need to load up on those more than DB IMO. I think you have to take 4 WRs as we will lose at least four to graduation and we already lost one to transfer.

Reactions: sneakergawd

VN Store

Back