'19 Recruiting Forum: Official UAB Pregame/Game Thread

Sure.youve been one of many that has said both are better than JG so your Gif makes you look ridiculous.

If talking out of my butt is considered truth then sure! Dispute anything I said in that statement with valid points,there is a reason everyone wants someone else other than JG starting lol
You are predicting a downfall because JP wants a feel-good story? You can't be serious.

Reactions: OrangenSC
I've got 2 kids. They both mess up and I get upset at times.
But there are certain things that I've been thru with one of them repeatedly. Not that the other never does it but when I've expressly spent way too much time with 1 than the other on that subject, it's different.

That's my belief of what's happening here. If you're in the group that believes Pruitt unfairly refuses to bench JG no matter what???
Here's the problem, I watched him bench JG and then start Maurer the very next week. So this leads me to the conclusion "won't bench JG" is bs and already proven incorrect. Whatever it is about Shrout, it is about Shrout not JG.
As I tried to point out in a much shorter post.
Nobody is disagreeing with you about Shrout! You are probably right!
Nobody’s saying he won’t bench JG,
Where we seem to differ is that you assume that JT repeatedly makes the same mistakes over and over that the coaches are working on for him to stop! But JG isn’t I guess????
I find it hard to believe that the coaches haven’t repeatedly got on him about throwing away a score after we get in the red zone.

Where we seem to differ is that you assume that JT repeatedly makes the same mistakes over and over that the coaches are working on for him to stop! But JG isn’t I guess????
I find it hard to believe that the coaches haven’t repeatedly got on him about throwing away a score after we get in the red zone.
Maybe they are both making the same mistakes over and over, but the coaches feel that mistakes on our side of the field could have cost us the game. JG has proven to not do that often and he practices well. JTS has not gained the coaches confidence. They still let him start the game because of 2 injured QBs then he immediately reminded them of why they had no confidence in him to not lose the game. They didn't need a QB to win the game. They needed one to not lose it.

I used the "my kids" analogy for a reason. You see them do the same thing in the grocery store (gameday) and see me handle one more harshly than the other. You just assume that I'm unfair to the one, with zero clue about what happens at home all week (practice).

Like I said, that's my THEORY. If your's is the "JG must have pictures" or "Pruitt's wants to wreck his coaching career for a feel good story". Or even "Pruitt doesn't know football like I do". Cool, I'm not here to change your mind. I simply stated what i think is happening with Shrout and you jumped in with "JG, JG, JG". Maurer proves that's not why CJP is hard on Shrout, it's something else.
That's my OPINION.

I dont think we can count on JG to win any games for us. That's just not his makeup. We need him to be a game manager. Last night and in the bama game he tried to be a hero with disastrous results. He needs to stay in his lane for us to have a chance. The mistake in the bama game cost us a chance at a monumental victory. The throw last night was inconsequential. In conference games, especially on the road, one mistake can mean the difference in winning and losing.

Seemed orchestrated to me. Just like JJ getting the start last week. Not only for the boo people but seems to calm JG down.

Actually this is pretty accurate, I don’t think it’s as much for JG though as fans think.

Chaney likes to run that first series or two with the talent. Unfortunately JT is still inexperienced and makes mistakes, so if he has a few bonehead decisions he’s on a short leash. Also gives Chaney a series of defensive scheming to adjust to once he puts in JG.

I dont think we can count on JG to win any games for us. That's just not his makeup. We need him to be a game manager. Last night and in the bama game he tried to be a hero with disastrous results. He needs to stay in his lane for us to have a chance. The mistake in the bama game cost us a chance at a monumental victory. The throw last night was inconsequential. In conference games, especially on the road, one mistake can mean the difference in winning and losing.

Last night, that INT to Palmer wasn’t a bad decision. He had terrible execution, threw it late while backpedaling with almost all arm.

I’m not thrilled with how the team looks for the most part with JG in control. But I do want to make sure we understand he did directly contribute to win the state and sc games. Crucial game winning drive for state and he threw that perfect ball taking a massive hit to JJ for a critical TD at SC. He made a really bad throw during pressure last night and for the most part we lived in their territory only to watch Cimaglia boot darts. I agree he isn’t a stud but he does deserve some credit despite his general lack of energy and bone headed plays.

I used the "my kids" analogy for a reason. You see them do the same thing in the grocery store (gameday) and see me handle one more harshly than the other. You just assume that I'm unfair to the one, with zero clue about what happens at home all week (practice).

Like I said, that's my THEORY. If your's is the "JG must have pictures" or "Pruitt's wants to wreck his coaching career for a feel good story". Or even "Pruitt doesn't know football like I do". Cool, I'm not here to change your mind. I simply stated what i think is happening with Shrout and you jumped in with "JG, JG, JG". Maurer proves that's not why CJP is hard on Shrout, it's something else.
That's my OPINION.
Maurer has nothing to do with Shrout, proves nothing! Yes it is your opinion.
And mine is just stating what I’ve seen.
1 QB gets pulled the 1st time he makes a mistake, the other loses games 1-2 and continues to make the same mistakes in every other game but will continue to play.
I’m not offered a theory as why just stating facts

Maurer has nothing to do with Shrout, proves nothing! Yes it is your opinion.
And mine is just stating what I’ve seen.
1 QB gets pulled the 1st time he makes a mistake, the other loses games 1-2 and continues to make the same mistakes in every other game but will continue to play.
I’m not offered a theory as why just stating facts
My theory is they play who they think gives them the best chance to win. We have won 3 of the last 4 despite injuries. Let's continue winning.

Last night, that INT to Palmer wasn’t a bad decision. He had terrible execution, threw it late while backpedaling with almost all arm.
Actually, the most dangerous passes are thos which are thrown across the field into double or triple coverage, regardless if it si thown off the back foot. Such a pass has very little chance of being completed and a huge chance of being intercepted. The angles just do work out for a completion.

Actually, the most dangerous passes are thos which are thrown across the field into double or triple coverage, regardless if it si thown off the back foot. Such a pass has very little chance of being completed and a huge chance of being intercepted. The angles just do work out for a completion.

need ods breakdown of what happens when we throw into coverage, stat

I’m not thrilled with how the team looks for the most part with JG in control. But I do want to make sure we understand he did directly contribute to win the state and sc games. Crucial game winning drive for state and he threw that perfect ball taking a massive hit to JJ for a critical TD at SC. He made a really bad throw during pressure last night and for the most part we lived in their territory only to watch Cimaglia boot darts. I agree he isn’t a stud but he does deserve some credit despite his general lack of energy and bone headed plays.
I don't disagree. I'm just saying that you can't count on him to win games for you. He's just not that type of QB. He has to stay in is wheelhouse.

It was a bad decision because of the reasons you listed.

Well at the time he likely made the decision, before the snap (as he often does) those reasons didn't exist then...

My point was just Palmer was in a 1 on 1 and had beat his guy, a good ball and it's a TD.

Cool story bro, what does any of that have to do with my post you quoted? Palmer was in man on man coverage and it wasn't across the field...

Well at the time he likely made the decision, before the snap (as he often does) those reasons didn't exist then...

My point was just Palmer was in a 1 on 1 and had beat his guy, a good ball and it's a TD.
I understand that if JG had made a proper decision it could have been a TD. I guess it is a positive he didn't throw into double coverage. :oops:

If somebody had told us before the game that we were going to win 30-7, 100% of us would have taken it.

I don’t understand the QB decision either, but the fact is that this game was over midway through the second quarter. It’s hard for me to be upset about the game, given the outcome.
I want to be clear...I was not upset about the game, I was upset that JG still sucks soooo bad, and yet is still out on the field. It is just excruciating to have to watch him...soooo frustrating.

VN Store

Back