'19 Recruiting Forum: Official UAB Pregame/Game Thread

Oh, I think that is the goal. I just don't think we are able to stretch it out as much as we would like.

What team did they play that makes you think that after the last few weeks we’ve played? We put 41 up on SC with 24 of those being unanswered. I just don’t see UAB holding us especially with either Maurer or Shrout in the game at QB. Heck our defense has been relentless. We will see but I really just don’t think UAB is as good as their record shows.

My heart is a little torn, as I am a UAB grad and employee, but I was raised a Vols fan. Hope to make it up for the game.

UAB's offense is almost all at the LOS or deep throws. Johnston will run about 5-6 option plays each game, with moderate success. Still, our defense should have the speed to defend it well. Just can't let the UAB receivers behind our secondary. Johnston is inconsistent in the intermediate passing game. UAB has a few good RB's, mainly Spencer Brown (if he plays - foot injury). They rarely go down on first contact.

UAB's defense has a pretty strong D-line, but not the quickest LB's. I'd expect Chaney to dial up a lot of off-tackle runs to take advantage of the speed difference.

I'll guess it's a close game through the first 3 quarters, but we should pull away in the end.

UT 30 - UAB 17.

What team did they play that makes you think that after the last few weeks we’ve played? We put 41 up on SC with 24 of those being unanswered. I just don’t see UAB holding us especially with either Maurer or Shrout in the game at QB. Heck our defense has been relentless. We will see but I really just don’t think UAB is as good as their record shows.
I agree about how good UAB is. We also are showing steady improvement. We are still struggling in the red zone. We only scored one RZ TD against USCe. The rest were big plays and ST. I need to see more consistency on offense, especially in the red zone.

giphy.gif

As long as we play like we have the past few weeks, I just don't see it being close. They haven't absolutely dominated anyone this year and their schedule is one of the weakest I can remember in recent history. That being said, they have a winning mentality, so we need to assert our will at the line of scrimmage early, get up by a few scores, and put this game to rest early or they will hang around and try to be the next Georgia State.

38 - 12 VOLS

Pruitt calls of the dogs late in the 3rd quarter. Offense, defense, and special teams score. I want to feel sorry for UAB Saturday night.

#winout

GBO

Reactions: OGbabyaviVol
41-10 Vols.

Why quote UAB stats at all with the schedule they play? O-line will manhandle. D will get at least 3 TO's and 4 sacks. So who exactly on UAB will be the ones that stop JJ and Quez?
Because analytics have shown good stats are good stats, just adjusted. UAB can only play who is on their schedule, right?

My heart is a little torn, as I am a UAB grad and employee, but I was raised a Vols fan. Hope to make it up for the game.

UAB's offense is almost all at the LOS or deep throws. Johnston will run about 5-6 option plays each game, with moderate success. Still, our defense should have the speed to defend it well. Just can't let the UAB receivers behind our secondary. Johnston is inconsistent in the intermediate passing game. UAB has a few good RB's, mainly Spencer Brown (if he plays - foot injury). They rarely go down on first contact.

UAB's defense has a pretty strong D-line, but not the quickest LB's. I'd expect Chaney to dial up a lot of off-tackle runs to take advantage of the speed difference.

I'll guess it's a close game through the first 3 quarters, but we should pull away in the end.

UT 30 - UAB 17.
Thanks for the informative post

VN Store

Back