'19 Recruiting Forum: Official UAB Pregame/Game Thread

Defense seems to be gaining more momentum every week. OLine is a bit banged up, hopefully they are ready to go against Kentucky. We really need to have a better offensive performance.
Really need Maurer. Offense is more dynamic with him running it. I sure hope we aren’t riding with JG the rest of the way. He is decent at times, but the offense seems to run so much slower with him.

I think, Pruitt just trusts JG more than Shrout. Once it was clear their offense couad do nothing, Pruitt decided to play not to lose. I am guessing he figures JG is less likely to turn it over than JT. Obvious we need Maurer next 2 games is were going to win one of them. I think JG could beat Vandy, however.

Really need Maurer. Offense is more dynamic with him running it. I sure hope we aren’t riding with JG the rest of the way. He is decent at times, but the offense seems to run so much slower with him.
His throws are late and he floats the ball when it should be driven. He holds the ball to long and shows no emotion. I literally was on the edge of my seat every time he dropped back to pass as I thought it would be intercepted.

we give up on the run too much.

must be injuries on Oline

I really wished we could have BYU back. I don’t even care about Georgia St. if we was setting on 5 wins right now I feel really confident in getting to bowl. I know we playing good now but I’m scared we drop a couple of these last 3. Maybe not but I’m a lil worried

His throws are late and he floats the ball when it should be driven. He holds the ball to long and shows no emotion. I literally was on the edge of my seat every time he dropped back to pass as I thought it would be intercepted.
Well, there's that.

Darnell didn’t play. UAB was stacking the box in the 1st half. They frequently had 7 in the box. They were determined to make us throw it to win. We are setting up JJ running wildcat. We are going to call a pass play at some point near goal line, and JJ will have a wide open WR for a TD.

Darnell didn’t play. UAB was stacking the box in the 1st half. They frequently had 7 in the box. They were determined to make us throw it to win. We are setting up JJ running wildcat. We are going to call a pass play at some point near goal line, and JJ will have a wide open WR for a TD.
we should still be able to push against UAB.

only watched Second Half. We got stopped a few times, lots of FG's. Is Wanye 100%?

Tim Priest just interviewed Eric Gray and it was awesome. Gray's sharp, gives a very good interview. In fact, I like him even more. Bryce is giving a pretty good interview right now, but not quite as good as Eric. Bryce threw out, "I wasn't sure I was in the right coverage, until the all-American, Henry told me I was in the right one", talking about his 2nd interception. I love the way these kids always say, "yes, sir", to Tim.

we should still be able to push against UAB.

only watched Second Half. We got stopped a few times, lots of FG's. Is Wanye 100%?
I don’t think so. Remember he was hurt last week...I think his right shoulder. Need to get through next week with win #3 in a row, and get some much needed rest.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
I really wished we could have BYU back. I don’t even care about Georgia St. if we was setting on 5 wins right now I feel really confident in getting to bowl. I know we playing good now but I’m scared we drop a couple of these last 3. Maybe not but I’m a lil worried
Completely agree. One play cost UT that game. Every time I think about it, it HURTS

Yeah, plus definitely wasn't the line up that has worked so well.
Remember early on when the OL didn't do well and we decided our run game and back sucked.

Then we got good line play and our backs were awesome with great ypc. Well the OL struggles returned with this line up and now, our backs suck again.
It's almost like it's related.

Yeah, plus definitely wasn't the line up that has worked so well.
Remember early on when the OL didn't do well and we decided our run game and back sucked.

Then we got good line play and our backs were awesome with great ypc. Well the OL struggles returned with this line up and now, our backs suck again.
It's almost like it's related.

1.5 mill says unrelate it

VN Store

Back