'20 Recruiting Forum: Official Texas A&M Pregame/Game Thread

They will score about what UGA did against us. So around 40 to 45 points.

We will score a max of 20 no matter who the QB is.

Then, we get to do it all over again the next week against Auburn.

Another bloodletting and continuation toward fire Coach Pruitt day. Unfortunately it's about 13 Months out most likely.

A&M - a bunch
The Vols - very few.

Reactions: Chuckie
I’m impressed you were able to write up this much about the game. Questioning your sanity because you think we score 20.

SC has a better offense and probably better defense than we do. Hoping A&M makes it so ugly Fulmer has no choice.

52-0 Aggies

Reactions: VolByLaw
At least its not the CBS game. That said, Aggies have played down to their competition: beat Vandy 17-12, Arky kept it close 43-31; Miss State 28-14. Aggies 38 Vols 20.

Changing my prediction

A&M - 873.34
Vols - 1 because when we get a safety the ball split in half so we only got half those points.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
It is really disappointing how similar the analysis sounds to a game against a top tier team in Pruitt’s first year.

Reactions: Volnut
At least its not the CBS game. That said, Aggies have played down to their competition: beat Vandy 17-12, Arky kept it close 43-31; Miss State 28-14. Aggies 38 Vols 20.

A&M hasn’t played down to their opponents, except maybe Vandy. They had no returning starting receivers at the beginning of the year - took some time to develop timing.

Arkansas was down 42-17 and Fisher decided to run the ball the rest of the 4th quarter as the game was effectively over.

State was down 21-7 - mond threw a ball that bounced off a receivers helmet, went far into the air, and was a pick 6. They were about to score. They also had a long pass to Smith that got called back for holding. Should have been 42-7. The Aggies dominated that game.

They definitely didn’t play down to South Carolina or Florida.

The way their defense played on Sat (they are #1 in the SEC now), I’d be surprised if the Vols scored 20. They are good against the run (#2 in the SEC) and not so good against the pass. TN is a good running and a bad passing team. Bad matchup for the Vols.

A&M hasn’t played down to their opponents, except maybe Vandy. They had no returning starting receivers at the beginning of the year - took some time to develop timing.

Arkansas was down 42-17 and Fisher decided to run the ball the rest of the 4th quarter as the game was effectively over.

State was down 21-7 - mond threw a ball that bounced off a receivers helmet, went far into the air, and was a pick 6. They were about to score. They also had a long pass to Smith that got called back for holding. Should have been 42-7. The Aggies dominated that game.

They definitely didn’t play down to South Carolina or Florida.

The way their defense played on Sat (they are #1 in the SEC now), I’d be surprised if the Vols scored 20. They are good against the run (#2 in the SEC) and not so good against the pass. TN is a good running and a bad passing team. Bad matchup for the Vols.
Gotcha! The devil is in the details. So your saying there's a chance?

I don't think Pruitt and Fisher compete for the same recruits a lot so this game doesn't matter a lot for recruiting.

Fisher and Pruitt will be able to relive a lot of memories from their days at Florida State.

Graham might be able to give some insights into the Texas A&M playbook.

VN Store

Back