'20 Recruiting Forum: Official South Carolina Pregame/Game Thread

Initial post game thoughts:

• Completely unimpressed with the coaching this game.
  • Completely unimpressed with JG. He is what he is. Pass to Gray on the failed flicker was savvy and the dime to Palmer was nice - outside of that there were so many missed opportunities.
  • We escaped with a four point win when we should’ve won by two scores.
  • Banks... I mean, come the f on dude.
  • Who tf was #96 at the end? He was huge.
  • Tyler Baron is a grown man.
  • Enjoyed seeing Chandler, Palmer, B Johnson, D. Johnson, and Velus ball out.
  • I wasn’t keeping track completely, but we went with a different line combination seemingly every drive.
  • Our secondary sucks. Thank god Nick Muse dropped that 3rd and 15 that hit him in the hands.
  • Ugly and not exactly giving me confidence, but damn I love a win. Especially against those guys.

Should have been more. Abandoned the run too often. I was not a fan of a lot of Chaney’s play calls, but we won and that’s most important.
I’m not in the oust Chaney camp but he abandons the run for full half’s too often. USCjr had a smallish d line which with reason would usually lead to pounding the rock to pay dividends in the second half. We had like 10 yards rushing 1st half and added about 50 the first scoring drive of the second half...🤔

Initial post game thoughts:

• Completely unimpressed with the coaching this game.
  • Completely unimpressed with JG. He is what he is. Pass to Gray on the failed flicker was savvy and the dime to Palmer was nice - outside of that there were so many missed opportunities.
  • We escaped with a four point win when we should’ve won by two scores.
  • Banks... I mean, come the f on dude.
  • Who tf was #96 at the end? He was huge.
  • Tyler Baron is a grown man.
  • Enjoyed seeing Chandler, Palmer, B Johnson, D. Johnson, and Velus ball out.
  • I wasn’t keeping track completely, but we went with a different line combination seemingly every drive.
  • Our secondary sucks. Thank god Nick Muse dropped that 3rd and 15 that hit him in the hands.
  • Ugly and not exactly giving me confidence, but damn I love a win. Especially against those guys.

Aside from the stupid penalty by Banks of the helmet the late hit out of bounds is what it is. Banks played lights out other then that. Dude is a better ILB than Crouch and has way better instincts.

VN Store

Back