'19 Recruiting Forum: Official South Carolina Pregame/Game Thread

Dont know how well it came through on tv, but there were a couple of times when the crowd was loudly chanting "refs, you suck."

We left no doubt about our opinion of their ********.
I used some colorful words in unique combinations not heard since I sported the crackerjacks.

Reactions: Volsdeep4
Anyone else notice there were 2 missed facemask calls on the Fant play? Out lineman was being grabbed in the corner of the screen on the replay.

Great game by the Vols. JG takes a lot of crap, much of it deservedly so, but you've got to give the guy credit in this game. He made some really good throws that resulted in some big plays. JJ was well, JJ. I love guy. Great team win. Loved seeing that cocky bastard, musclecramp disappointed. He's a turd.

Hopefully our injuries were minor. Get through UAB, hopefully rest some guys, heal up over the bye week and win out.
We have to play Kentucky before we get a bye.

Here's to all of you that showed this post to your significant other . Then they looked into your eyes and said in a sultry voice...."Rekinhavoc Johnson is right!"

You're Welcome! GBO!
She said she wouldn’t because you said “whooo” and whooing not included in her love song.

Reactions: rekinhavoc
I doubled gauldened them a few times

I wanted to punch Matt Austin in the face when he said the forearm to Tyler Byrd's facemask (which sent him flying backwards to the ground) was rather mild and he agreed with the no-call. SEC is chickenshat for having those former refs on the broadcast to doubledown on every bad call made. That was a far more egregious targeting than the hit that got Middleton ejected, IMO.

I wanted to punch Matt Austin in the face when he said the forearm to Tyler Byrd's facemask (which sent him flying backwards to the ground) was rather mild and he agreed with the no-call. SEC is chickenshat for having those former refs on the broadcast to doubledown on every bad call made. That was a far more egregious targeting than the hit that got Middleton ejected, IMO.
It's messed up for Sanky to admit the refs aren't perfect and make "mistakes" but yet Austin finds them virtually mistake free.

I mean seriously, they're paying a guy to tell you that you didn't see, what you just saw, 100% of the time (in the games I watch).

It's messed up for Sanky to admit the refs aren't perfect and make "mistakes" but yet Austin finds them virtually mistake free.

I mean seriously, they're paying a guy to tell you that you didn't see, what you just saw, 100% of the time (in the games I watch).
yeah, i wasn't reall thrilled with that commentary either. bottom line, they blewt he facemask calls. they could have called AT LEAST two unnecessary roughness penalites on the JG/JJ TD pass. could have called targeting on that play y'all are talking about...

and the thing that really gets me on that is that if you're not sure on a targeting call, you call it and it gets reviewed. that they didn't call it at all..........agregious imo.

i seriously thought CJP was about to choke someone out in the 1st half. he was HOT. rightfully so.

yeah, i wasn't reall thrilled with that commentary either. bottom line, they blewt he facemask calls. they could have called AT LEAST two unnecessary roughness penalites on the JG/JJ TD pass. could have called targeting on that play y'all are talking about...

and the thing that really gets me on that is that if you're not sure on a targeting call, you call it and it gets reviewed. that they didn't call it at all..........agregious imo.

i seriously thought CJP was about to choke someone out in the 1st half. he was HOT. rightfully so.

My issue with the no-call on the hit on JG is that the SEC/NCAA have both always insisted that the rule is about protecting the defensive player as much as the guy getting hit, so they say that it is why it is considered targeting if a defender leads with the crown of the helmet regardless of where he hits the offensive player. The SC that hit JG in the chest clearly lowered his head and led with the crown of his helmet, which was textbook targeting according to NCAA rules.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
My issue with the no-call on the hit on JG is that the SEC/NCAA have both always insisted that the rule is about protecting the defensive player as much as the guy getting hit, so they say that it is why it is considered targeting if a defender leads with the crown of the helmet regardless of where he hits the offensive player. The SC that hit JG in the chest clearly lowered his head and led with the crown of his helmet, which was textbook targeting according to NCAA rules.
it was certainly more violent, and agregious (leading with the crown) than what middleton did to hilinski. that they called it on us, and not on that play......just freaking wrong.

VN Store

Back