'22 Recruiting Forum: Official Pittsburgh Pregame/Game Thread

Defense had GREAT pressure on Slovis and he looked concussed after that last tackle. Did they ever confirm why he didn’t return? I assumed he didn’t pass protocol.

Hooker seems off vs last year. There’s some time to fix it but it does need to be fixed if we’re going to take the next step.

TV showed him in a sling in the second half. I assume it was a shoulder or collar bone based on the tackle.

Reactions: Jack Burton
Personally think Pitt would beat Florida
Pitt is physical and pretty fast
I definitely think they'd beat UF. UF looked atrocious last night. Maybe just a bad game, but wow they won't make a bowl game if they play like that the rest of the season.

I definitely think they'd beat UF. UF looked atrocious last night. Maybe just a bad game, but wow they won't make a bowl game if they play like that the rest of the season.

Rumor is that Richardson has an injury that limits his ability to run. Gonna be a long season for Florida if they have to depend on his throwing ability because there clearly isn't much there.

I think uf was way over hyped after last week.

I also think UK is pretty good. They went to the swamp and were more physical than Florida on both sides of the ball, and made big plays and very few mistakes.

I think Florida is still sort of an unknown because of the offense. They have talent and have shown some ability and physically, but are very inconsistent and AR15 is both a match up issue in the run game, and a complete liability in the passing game.

And I think you can say the same for us... In terms of consistency...The advantage i think we have is that we know a lot more about what our offense is capable of and we now have some reason to have some confidence in the defense.

I think the the Florida game may play out a little like last night. Fix the mistakes and I don't see any reason we shouldn't be able to win that game.

I think uf was way over hyped after last week.

I also think UK is pretty good. They went to the swamp and were more physical than Florida on both sides of the ball, and made big plays and very few mistakes.

I think Florida is still sort of an unknown because of the offense. They have talent and have shown some ability and physically, but are very inconsistent and AR15 is both a match up issue in the run game, and a complete liability in the passing game.

And I think you can say the same for us... In terms of consistency...The advantage i think we have is that we know a lot more about what our offense is capable of and we now have some reason to have some confidence in the defense.

I think the the Florida game may play out a little like last night. Fix the mistakes and I don't see any reason we shouldn't be able to win that game.

I'd give anything for a stress-free win vs Florida. I really can't even fathom it. A game where we come out and just demolish them. I remember being disgusted seeing Mizzou do that to them a few times over the past decade. Just blew them out. Even in the Swamp and during years when Mizzou wasn't even that good.

It's 100% a mental thing for our team. For the program itself. Every coach knows how big of a game it is and they psyche themselves and the team out. Whereas teams like Mizzou and South Carolina don't really worry about that game much and can beat Florida. Now I think Kentucky is even among those ranks of programs where Florida has no psychological edge over them.

I'd give anything for a stress-free win vs Florida. I really can't even fathom it. A game where we come out and just demolish them. I remember being disgusted seeing Mizzou do that to them a few times over the past decade. Just blew them out. Even in the Swamp and during years when Mizzou wasn't even that good.

It's 100% a mental thing for our team. For the program itself. Every coach knows how big of a game it is and they psyche themselves and the team out. Whereas teams like Mizzou and South Carolina don't really worry about that game much and can beat Florida. Now I think Kentucky is even among those ranks of programs where Florida has no psychological edge over them.

I would even say that UK has a mental edge over FL

Defense had GREAT pressure on Slovis and he looked concussed after that last tackle. Did they ever confirm why he didn’t return? I assumed he didn’t pass protocol.

Hooker seems off vs last year. There’s some time to fix it but it does need to be fixed if we’re going to take the next step.
Winning a game like that..... Was the next step.😑

I would not mind seeing Tennessee play a home and home series in the future with Ohio State or Michigan or Michigan State to try and further their recruiting footprints in those areas.

Lots of seats opened up in the upper rows of GG and HH for the Florida game. Florida didn’t sell all of its allotment, per usual. They don’t travel well.

All of those seats are bought now. Nothing but resale tickets on the site. It’ll be a sellout. Great for UT.

VN Store

Back