Recruiting Forum: Official Indiana State Pre-Game/Game Thread

Who gives a damn about your opinion, man? lol. What you think is important others may not. That's what makes them opinions. I think the importance of putting Ignont in there to try and figure out where he was supposed to be lined up when six guys shifted into a different alignments, something he'll likely not see again is way overstated. It would of done him little good but to give you guys something else to ***** about when they scored another TD. If he were going up against a team that ran a similar offense to what we'll face down the road, I would agree.
How you know what I'd complain about? lol I'm on record saying this week that I wouldn't care if ISU scores on our young guys.

You don't know that playing ISU wouldnt do the young guys any good. Evidence states the opposite. I know things like "facts" and "evidence" have little bearing on your opinions though lol

As for not seeing a similar offense all season, have you ever watched a game called by Matt Canada? They do just as much crazy shifting pre snap. The first thing I thought when I saw them doing all that shifting first quarter was "well, nice practice for will do to try and make us misalign at least."

It's fine for you to have your opinion, dude. But at least try to back it up with more than conjecture.

You're contradicting yourself. You already said Jumper needed the reps. So now the reps would help Jumper but the wouldn't have helped Ignont? Psshh

Do you think Jumper would have a better idea where to line up than Ignont when they shifted 10 players?

I never said your argument didn't have merit, I said I think you're placing too much importance on it. (And notice how I didn't put a condescending "lol" in there? Maybe it's because I don't think I'm smarter than you.)

How you know what I'd complain about? lol I'm on record saying this week that I wouldn't care if ISU scores on our young guys.

You don't know that playing ISU wouldnt do the young guys any good. Evidence states the opposite. I know things like "facts" and "evidence" have little bearing on your opinions though lol

As for not seeing a similar offense all season, have you ever watched a game called by Matt Canada? They do just as much crazy shifting pre snap. The first thing I thought when I saw them doing all that shifting first quarter was "well, nice practice for will do to try and make us misalign at least."

It's fine for you to have your opinion, dude. But at least try to back it up with more than conjecture.

Dude, it's all opinion. There is no facts since it didn't happen. You just happen to think you're smarter than everyone else. If that's what it takes to help with your self esteem. Carry on.

And? You hung on to Justin Martin long after everone else recognized his short comings yet QD has 2 starts and 2 wins under his belt and you continue to rag him. Hell you apparently didnt even need to see him play before you determined he was garbage. You've been saying it since last season. I'm beginning to wonder if you are fos about your hobby of working with db's. It's as if he banged your gf or something.

QBs are easy to see man. He didn't have the "It" factor to me. Funny though that I look at a QB from a defensive standpoint. And if he's not coming off of reads then we have a guy that will throw you a pick. And you saw it today. When he threw it you and everyone else knew where the ball was going.

But you can think I'm fos all you want. As long as I'm working with top prospects here in Nashville I'm cool. You are not of my concern.

Dude, it's all opinion. You just happen to think you're smarter than everyone else. If that's what it takes to help with your self esteem. Carry on.

Great job addressing the meat of my argument. Color me super surprised that you'd skip right over the part about a future opponent making similar pre-snap shifts and skip right to a personal attack.

QBs are easy to see man. He didn't have the "It" factor to me. Funny though that I look at a QB from a defensive standpoint. And if he's not coming off of reads then we have a guy that will throw you a pick. And you saw it today. When he threw it you and everyone else knew where the ball was going.

But you can think I'm fos all you want. As long as I'm working with top prospects here in Nashville I'm cool. You are not of my concern.

then lets stop the insanity!

/

Do you think Jumper would have a better idea where to line up than Ignont when they shifted 10 players?

I never said your argument didn't have merit, I said I think you're placing too much importance on it. (And notice how I didn't put a condescending "lol" in there? Maybe it's because I don't think I'm smarter than you.)

I'm sorry if I came across as condescending. It just blows my mind how anyone could think the young guys shouldn't have gotten more work than they did. To be honest, and I don't mean this in an attacking way, I think some of you guys just want to have faith in the coaches even when there is evidence in this situation not to. Which isn't necessarily bad, I've done it myself. I mean, I defended Stooley for a long time.

See its all how you look at things. It was perfectly place for him to make a play on it. Peyton wasn't mobile either. All I am saying is QD has had 2 starts in his career with a new OC and really young WR. Give the guy a chance. If JG takes the start from him down the road because QD doesn't get any better, I will be backing him just as strong. For now QD is the starter and I for one hopes he shines and becomes one of the best that has come through UT. I hope that for every UT QB that takes the field as our starter.

I hope he shines also. I hope he turns into the next Peyton come next week. But he has a lot to work on. We don't have a lot of time. We're about to play the SEC schedule. He needs to be better in a hurry

I'm sorry if I came across as condescending. It just blows my mind how anyone could think the young guys shouldn't have gotten more work than they did. To be honest, and I don't mean this in an attacking way, I think some of you guys just want to have faith in the coaches even when there is evidence in this situation not to. Which isn't necessarily bad, I've done it myself. I mean, I defended Stooley for a long time.

I wasn't talking about you being condescending. I said your argument had merit. I also said I thought there were issues with substitution patterns. I just think you are placing way to much emphasis on it.

We just really beat the dog crap out of a team we should have. We held them to around 200 yards and they seldom threatened. We could have named the score. And we have 6 pages of people nitpicking the win with hardly any mention of the positives. That's all I'm saying.

Who gives a damn about your opinion, man? lol. What you think is important others may not. That's what makes them opinions. I think the importance of putting Ignont in there to try and figure out where he was supposed to be lined up when six guys shifted into a different alignments, something he'll likely not see again is way overstated. It would of done him little good but to give you guys something else to ***** about when they scored another TD. If he were going up against a team that ran a similar offense to what we'll face down the road, I would agree.
Unless I point it out, then it becomes an invalid point worthy of personal attacks lol

Not near as often but I bet we play at least ten more that run and pass the ball.

My point is getting aligned properly. With the short week I doubt the young guys were given much instruction and the older guys could learn on the fly a lot better.

I wasn't talking about you being condescending. I said your argument had merit. I also said I thought there were issues with substitution patterns. I just think you are placing way to much emphasis on it.

We just really beat the dog crap out of a team we should have. We held them to around 200 yards and they seldom threatened. We could have named the score. And we have 6 pages of people nitpicking the win with hardly any mention of the positives. That's all I'm saying.

Fair enough. I'm gonna drop it. You are a good poster and there's no need for us to keep going back and forth, especially when we don't completely disagree on the subject.

I hope we come out mad and aggressive against the gators and completely demoralize them.

Reactions: 1 person
Unless I point it out, then it becomes an invalid point worthy of personal attacks lol

You're the one that put your little condescending "lol" after quoting and responding to my post. Let me let you in on something, you ain't smarter than anyone else especially when it comes to football.

VN Store

Back