'20 Recruiting Forum: Official Georgia Pregame/Game Thread

Auburn laid an egg, but I think that was all Georgia. Their defense is fast, physical, and instinctive. I don’t think JG and company can score more than 17 points. I do think we can hold their offense back, but I’m really uneasy about our special teams.

24-17...*sigh* ....Georgia...🤢🤮

I’ll send myself on a lap and take the necessary lashings.

I do think UGA put a lot in to the Auburn game... And I think they probably feel really good about themselves.

I just think they have more big play potential.

And while I like our back 4... This game will be about our front 7. They don't suck. But I'm not sure we can stop them consistently.

We need to be at least +2 on turnovers. And play a really really clean game offensively.

We'll be a trendy pick this week and that'll be annoying...

I think JG sticks his head up his arse and he’ll make some costly mistakes/turnovers to let UGA take over. JMHO They are going to do everything they can to make JG beat them. Can the lights come on in probably the biggest game of his career? I think not but would be ecstatic to be proven wrong...

Reactions: almirUT
I think Pruitt has something up his sleeve for UGA this week and he is the ultimate motivator if it’s one thing I know it’s that the vols will be ready to play... dogfight in this one Tn 27 UGA 20
You are now designated as an Insider.. Thanks for letting us know Pruitt has some surprises in store for Georgia.

I think JG sticks his head up his arse and he’ll make some costly mistakes/turnovers to let UGA take over. JMHO They are going to do everything they can to make JG beat them. Can the lights come on in probably the biggest game of his career? I think not but would be ecstatic to be proven wrong...
There are going to put 8 in the box and make JG throw often and then send the whole universe at him. That’s what I would do if I was on the other side. We need every speed guy available , even the freshman to get significant snaps. Lots of screens and swing passes to Holliday and Calloway and let them throw the ball on double passes. Oops!

Heart says we win. Head says Georgia's defense is too fast and their OL looked almost as good as ours. I think we can be competitive but that we ultimately lose 34-21 or something in that neighborhood.
At least that would be a competitive score. Plus turnover margin would help...And no penalties.

No, Georgia needs it to be a low scoring game, because UT will make Bennett look like the walk-on, he is, and he doesn't finish the game. Vols 30, Georgia 19.
I’m not sold on Bennett. Too early to know if he is the real deal or not.

Last 3 games have been by 26+. It's time the gap closes. Maybe we catch em on an off chance, 15-20% of the time.

Secondary and JG make mistakes in this one. We keep it within range for 3.5 quarters and look respectable. They put it away on defense 2nd half.

Lose, but cover the spread. 28-16 doggos

Last edited:
Most QBs would vs the #1 pass defense. JG has been solid, but he won't be the exception. Not sure we have the AA type of receiver weapons to break their secondary either. Our OL needs to dominate if we are going to have a shot.

I'm not saying we are going to win, but the FPI seems way off to may. I would put it more like a 25%-30% chance we win the game.
It has definitely been unusually down on this UT team. It has been 10-12 percentage points lower than Vegas the first 2 games. This is as close as it has been at 11.6%. Vegas has us right at 15%. If ya got it pegged at 7-9 pt spread, looks like a nice margin to move big on.

Pruitt finds a way. It will be ugly. Our offense sustains drive keeping their offense off the field. Pruitt dials up plenty of pressure . Low scoring affair .

Vols 24
Sugarbowlhaircutledstinkinslobberinfingerseverinbloatedgassymutts 13

Auburn laid an egg, but I think that was all Georgia. Their defense is fast, physical, and instinctive. I don’t think JG and company can score more than 17 points. I do think we can hold their offense back, but I’m really uneasy about our special teams.

24-17...*sigh* ....Georgia...🤢🤮

I’ll send myself on a lap and take the necessary lashings.
Pretty much the way I see it too..I will also take a lap.

There are going to put 8 in the box and make JG throw often and then send the whole universe at him. That’s what I would do if I was on the other side. We need every speed guy available , even the freshman to get significant snaps. Lots of screens and swing passes to Holliday and Calloway and let them throw the ball on double passes. Oops!
That was pretty much what Mushdump did, but UGA is bigger, more athletic and stronger at all three levels. It will be interesting to see if our receivers can get open like they did against SC.

IF..they can..and IF..JG can miraculously actually hit those open passes, unlike his performance in the SC game...then we have a chance...it would definitely loosen the LoS up for our running game.

There is no hiding him this game.

Last edited:
Most QBs would vs the #1 pass defense. JG has been solid, but he won't be the exception. Not sure we have the AA type of receiver weapons to break their secondary either. Our OL needs to dominate if we are going to have a shot.
I 100% disagree...we have great WR weapons, those guys have been running wide open all over the fueld...you can't blame them that JG misses them when they are open.

IIMCO their defense is truly elite. Going to be tough to get to 20.

First half will be tight. 2nd half their depth comes into play and they pull away, but do not cover.

Will help myself out to take a lap.

I put this on another board ...

First off, I like this team and their attitude about the game. Having stability at the coaching staff is an intangible not mentioned very much and it is clear to me that we have our coach going forward.

This coming weekend will be a challenge no doubt. The schedule works in our favor with “lowly, weak and frail” UT coming up sandwiched between two Top10 matchups for Georgia.

Offensively, our WR’s will have to get separation and make plays against their DB’s. They will man up and be physical with one-on-one coverage allowing everyone else to stop the run and pressure #2. If they can’t get open, then their defense will strangle our offense just like they did to AU. Given this, I think Mays needs to play RT this weekend due to their speed and pressure from the edges. He and Wayna have to neutralize Ojulari and Anderson to give #2 time to throw.

Defensively, Pruitt and Smart are cut from the same Saban cloth and their approach is basically the same. So, even though he played a good game against AU, I would take my chances with their QB. Stop the run first and challenge our DB’s to do the same thing against their WR’s. The difference being is they have more talent and experience to pull it off.

Lastly, we can’t miss 39 yd FG’s. This should be a low scoring game with maybe a weather impact so every opportunity to put points on the board can’t be missed.

I’d feel a bit better if this game was in Neyland, but a road win in Athens will be tough.
I think we keep it close, but their D will give us fits, and I’m not sure our d will pressure them enough. Pains me, but dogs win by a TD.

VN Store

Back