'22 Recruiting Forum: Official Florida Pregame/Game Thread

I think we give up more points than we should, somewhere around 30 or so. However, Florida will not slow the O. They don’t have the stamina to keep up once we get rolling. Final score - Vols 42 Gatas 30
Yeah. I am kinda stuck between the gatas scoring 24 or 31pts and Tennessee between 41-49pts.

They're gonna get some bigs plays from their run game. I just don't think they can keep pace with our offense, based on how well our D seems to be playing. I think worst case should be like a 38-34 win for us, with best case being something like 52-21 win.

Florida’s only hope is ball control to keep our offense off the field. They want to do what KY did to us last year. We have to stop Etienne and keep AR in the pocket.

If our offense is clicking, they’re toast. But if we come out shooting ourselves in the foot like we did against Pitt… we could be in trouble.

@nicksjuzunk best part of your write up: “4. …. If Tennessee scores early and keeps the lead, the fans will never relent. It will be like a checkered blanket woven of hate, joy, Jack Daniels and noise... pure noise, such as these players have never heard, nor will they ever hear again. Take note college football world... this is what we are capable of, and we will not relent.

Florida’s only hope is ball control to keep our offense off the field. They want to do what KY did to us last year. We have to stop Etienne and keep AR in the pocket.

If our offense is clicking, they’re toast. But if we come out shooting ourselves in the foot like we did against Pitt… we could be in trouble.
I think Pitt, top to bottom, is better than Florida.

Load the box and keep AR's head spinning.. Dare him throw the ball. And hit him like we did slovis and the other kid.

Offense... It's more about us than them. No penalties... Turnovers or cheap stuff in special teams.

And any opportunity we have to set the tone... Take it. Even if it draws a flag. This is an attitude game. And the attitude is that it's gonna be a loong day for the visitors.
1663556851718.gif

Not bvs but as an offense we really have not clicked yet. In fact you could say the second string has outperformed the starters. Now we can come out and muck it around like the first quarter of Pitt orrr they can come out like Missouri last year. Here’s one hoping for the latter

Load the box and keep AR's head spinning.. Dare him throw the ball. And hit him like we did slovis and the other kid.

Offense... It's more about us than them. No penalties... Turnovers or cheap stuff in special teams.

And any opportunity we have to set the tone... Take it. Even if it draws a flag. This is an attitude game. And the attitude is that it's gonna be a loong day for the visitors.
View attachment 491452
This this this! I want to see us have a defensive game plan that is aggressive the entire game! Stay out of soft zone! That allows AR to get comfortable and make some easy passes to get into a rhythm. Play man coverage with a deep safety, and bring the heat all game! Maintain the rush lanes, and use Beasley or Mitchell to spy AR every single play. Don’t even spy him…just tell that LB that AR is your only assignment every play. Blast him every chance you get, but nothing illegal. If we do this and our offense does what it does, I see us rolling. If we play soft and let AR get comfortable, it will be a dog fight.

View attachment 491452
He’s comparing it to KY last year not Pitt. Against UK, we got off to a slow start and got behind. This let UK play their physical, time-possessive offense which wore down the defense a lot. We struggled to get stops in that game and luckily our offense was really good to win that game.

That’s the only way UF wins. We don’t want a situation where they get up early 14-0 or 10-0

Need quotes.
Threat Title (Saw the typo and decided to leave it): Gators Got Gameday:

First response:
Jesus H Christ we’re never gonna hear the end of this if it goes anything like yesterday

A picture of Kermit the Frog puppet posed in such a way that I won't post and damage your psyche...

Uh... Yah... My inner child is still crying...

Yes being as much national attention to our **** whooping, just what we need right now.

We are going to be embarrassed

200.gif

Commits on Sunday next week: I have decomitted from UF, I want to thank Coach Napier for believing in me, but I’ve decided to take my talents elsewhere where they can be used to their full extent.

Faaaaaaaaack

... a few "it's UT. They always find a way to lose to us. Don't sweat it..." posts

Not this year. Unless AR and Napier take some smelling salts saunas.

They hate us, and they are expecting UT to hang at least half a hundred on us. Please Lord help AR15 have a good game next week! If he plays like last 2 weeks and D plays like they did last night, this will get ugly fast

We won’t keep it within 21. They will have our D gassed by second quarter and we have zero offense. They will put 8 in the box to stop the run and our answer will be to run sweeps with Henderson

Per the line:
Lol easy money

Waiting on mine

Pounding my man for as much as he allows me to play. I’ll live bet the holy crap out of this game

I’m taking Tenn at -21 easiest bet of my life.

Lots of similar to the above.

A few: "We will win." "Wanna bet?"

For sure Tennesee has waited a decade for this day and now it’s their time
This isn’t about Florida this is about Saturday being the mac miller song best day ever for a downtrodden program being reborn feels like 98
For Florida feels like 1979

(No. Literally. Let's bet on it.)

I’m good for 100

I’ll take UT -6.5

Let me know if interested

Several, "You mean UT got gameday", and "No. UT got gameday" responses.

To the post title:

Gators aren’t getting Gameday. Tennessee is.

You mean Tennessee gets college gameday.

I hate UT with a passion…doesn’t change barely beating USF and getting punked by UK at home

They’ll run the ball on counters and run slants all day…they’ll have 300+ at half…we better score every drive too cause they’ll pass the ball n score quickly.

There is already a pandemic of BGS on the board. It's taken hold like wildfire:

Abort this thought process Pablo and go opposite. Tell yourself we’re gonna get curb stomped and Anything other than that is a good thing. Trust me.

Battered Fan Syndrome waiting rooms always have a certain odor. The extent usually depends on how far, how fast and how recently the team has fallen...

Smells like ****** in here

Last edited:
He’s comparing it to KY last year not Pitt. Against UK, we got off to a slow start and got behind. This let UK play their physical, time-possessive offense which wore down the defense a lot. We struggled to get stops in that game and luckily our offense was really good to win that game.

That’s the only way UF wins. We don’t want a situation where they get up early 14-0 or 10-0
We didn't get off to a slow start at all. We scored on our first two possessions and would've scored on the third (to go up 21-7) if Hyatt didn't step out and then the ensuing fumble. We scored over and over the whole first half. We slowed up in the second half.

Threat Title (Saw the typo and decided to leave it): Gators Got Gameday:

First response:

A picture of Kermit the Frog puppet posed in such a way that I won't post and damage your psyche...

Uh... Yah... My inner child is still crying...

... a few "it's UT. They always find a way to lose to us. Don't sweat it..." posts

Per the line:

Lots of similar to the above.

A few: "We will win." "Wanna bet?"

(No. Literally. Let's bet on it.)

Several, "You mean UT got gameday", and "No. UT got gameday" responses.

There is already a pandemic of BGS on the board. It's taken hold like wildfire:

Battered Fan Syndrome waiting rooms always have a certain odor. The extent usually depends on how far, how fast and how recently the team has fallen...
I should log in over there and tell them inflation has hit the Jort industry hard , causing a 50% increase in prices .

38 Beautiful Orange - 24 Sad, Sickly, off orange.

Seriously, is it just me, or does Florida Orange not look like rotten orange juice smells?

I’m normally one who wants the score to adequately reflect our superiority whilst showing a bit of class. Not this week. Hang 77 on them if at all humanly possible.

VN Store

Back