'20 Recruiting Forum: Official Auburn Pregame/Game Thread

Why does it matter if he is throwing in the end zone as time expires? Game was done.
It matters because it is only halftime in JG's case, matters because a full minute is left in HB's case at midfield. Gotta take your shots and play to win the game. Not worry about a pick or whatever. Not sure if that is Weinke or just them not playing to win. I'd rather just blame the coach or culture but who knows.

I'm definitely not a Pruitt apologist but Bailey tonight is probably not the Bailey we would have gotten earlier this year. He missed a lot due to covid. He just had two weeks of no games to get a lot of reps. He should start the rest of the year for sure but I don't think you can extrapolate tonight's two drives into sure wins earlier in the year.
nachoscience.gif

Bailey would be better than this. Zero doubt he would be better and would be fine. LSU got Finley ready in one week to play. He's stuck in the past thinking he has to play the 5th year senior and not make mistakes (but he always makes them)
Then we come back to coaching and development. I've got very little faith in this staff.

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
I'm definitely not a Pruitt apologist but Bailey tonight is probably not the Bailey we would have gotten earlier this year. He missed a lot due to covid. He just had two weeks of no games to get a lot of reps. He should start the rest of the year for sure but I don't think you can extrapolate tonight's two drives into sure wins earlier in the year.

The point is that if Bailey started after the first half of the UK game then he would have been ready in time for us to beat Arkansas and would have gotten 2 weeks to prepare for Auburn. With him having experience and how we ran the ball we would have beaten the Barn soundly and would probably be 4-3 right now and looking ready to destroy Vandy and compete with TAMU & UF.

We would have finished no worse than 5-5 this year(maybe better), Pruitt would have fan support and recruiting would be looking even better. Hope would be high heading into next year and Bailey would be poised to be our best QB in 20-25 years.

A couple of indies Shithouse and The Opening Act. Both were good and definitely better than a certain game where everyone not named Pruitt knew exactly what would happen.
We just saw Opening Act Friday night. Really liked it. Wasn't as laugh out loud funny as we expected, but it had heart. Great to see all those comedians. Their diner conversations reminded me of conversations during an episode of Comedians in Cars.

Reactions: bignewt
He doesn’t defeat himself...much less the rest of the team. A little of that and we beat Kentucky and Arkansas.
giphy.gif

There’s a lot not to like about this program. Coaches and team. I feel like speaking on how bad our coach is would be beateling a dead horse. I feel like it’s just redundant now.
But the team, I don’t see a lot of cohesiveness. I see players on the ground, and no one coming to help them up. I see players making plays and no one hype with them. It’s pretty glaring.

I hope the freshmen aren’t too discouraged. They haven’t been put in positions to thrive at all.
I’ve said it all year, Eric Gray is clearly the best player on the team.
He’s so good.

Last edited:
There’s a lot not to like about this program. Coaches and team. I feel like speaking on how bad our coach is would be beateling a dead horse. I feel like it’s just redundant now.
But the team, I don’t see a lot of cohesiveness. I see players on the ground, and no one coming to help them up. I see players making plays and no one hype with them. It’s pretty glaring.

I hope the freshmen aren’t too discouraged. They haven’t been put in positions to thrive at all.
He’s so good.

You know you have a good one when he can make moves and change of direction without losing speed. That's rare. Add in the great hands in the passing game. His own version of Kamara.

All I can figure is Pruitt is trying to get one of those sweet buyouts
Its not as cut and dry as you would think....Lets say he Starts Bailey next week...Then Maurer, Shrout transfer....not out of the realm of possibility. I think they play out this season with JG and then let who wins it next year be the man. Sometimes you have to look at the big picture

He’s so good.
Kamara like..

Its not as cut and dry as you would think....Lets say he Starts Bailey next week...Then Maurer, Shrout transfer....not out of the realm of possibility. I think they play out this season with JG and then let who wins it next year be the man. Sometimes you have to look at the big picture
It's not a good optic to look like you're unwilling to experiment with a change when it's obviously what you're doing is not working

Reactions: TN-POSSUM
A couple of qb transfers problem solved.

Reactions: MarcoVol

VN Store

Back