'20 Recruiting Forum: Official Auburn Pregame/Game Thread

nicksjuzunk

Coming home soon.
Date: Saturday, November 21st
Game Time: 7:00 pm ET
Venue: Jordan-Hare Stadium Auburn, Alabama
Network: ESPN

1605880786055.png

I'm very limited in my time this week which is why the thread is up so late. Not much analysis from me. Just copy and paste from the A&M thread for the most part.

Keys to Victory:

1. Offensive Rhythm: The Vols continue to struggle offensively, having run down Arkansas' throat in the first half before completely falling apart in the second half. JG played fine before he was injured. Brian Maurer was awful. Harrison Bailey didn't do much wrong but got very little leash. If the Vols don't trust their QB, there is no chance at a victory. If Harrison Bailey gets the start here, he will have a lot of pressure dialed up from Kevin Steele. Chaney will need to account for this and get the ball out of his hand quickly, especially to build confidence in the young QB. Receivers will need separation right off the ball.

2. Pass Defense: Bo Nix is hit or miss. We need him to have an off day. If Pruitt dials up pressure like we did at the end of the Arkansas game we may force him into bad decisions. Tennessee still cannot defend the middle of the field, in spite of all logic.

3. Coach to Win: There was a time when Tennessee would gamble, go for it on 4th down, throw in a trick play and have a random onside kick. The Coach was Jeremy Pruitt. Now, we seem to go through basic motions whether they are working or not, as if it was a script that could not be altered. The coaches need to play to win, not play for the sake of playing, and they need to call the game that way.

4. Know Thy Enemy: Pruitt knows this offense extremely well and last time we played Auburn, he called a beautiful game that resulted in the victory. Tennessee has major upset potential tomorrow night.

VN Guest Key to Victory, provided by @Bassmaster_Vol

5. Hire Hugh Freeze: Do it.

Prediction:

I think the Vols can win this. I'm not sure they will. Harrison Bailey and the freshmen finally get some playing time. There are flashes of hope, but growing pains.

TN 20
Auburn 28

Screw it. Quit moaning and whining for a little while. Praise God we are still playing during this Insanity.
Bo Nix wets the bed. Chaney and Pruitt get their egotistical butts on the same page. Players play and lose the drama. 24-14. Go Vols!!!

Hope we come out and look like a completely different team with Harrison Bailey leading the charge. I hope JG never sees the field.

I expect Pruitt to trot out JG and for us to look similar as the last few games.

YLSM, and HIRE FREEZE!!

Screw it. Quit moaning and whining for a little while. Praise God we are still playing during this Insanity.
Bo Nix wets the bed. Chaney and Pruitt get their egotistical butts on the same page. Players play and lose the drama. 24-14. Go Vols!!!
giphy.gif

Bailey starts red hot Vols get up 14-0
There’s a clear difference in the team
Half time
JG starts 2nd half
14-7 early pick changed momentum
Starting to sweat Pruitt hopes he’ll play through it
Vols kick a FG
17-7
JG fumbles the snap
Tigers recover
Tigers score