Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

Bubba is a good driver, just won the race last weekend, and is a HUGE Vol fan. Using "woke" as a slight against the only black driver in NASCAR, who has undoubtedly experienced a lot of racist sh** trying to climb the ladder in a "good ol' boy" sport, reflects poorly on you.
It doesn’t reflect poorly on me….stop being overly dramatic

Bubba is a good driver, just won the race last weekend, and is a HUGE Vol fan. Using "woke" as a slight against the only black driver in NASCAR, who has undoubtedly experienced a lot of racist sh** trying to climb the ladder in a "good ol' boy" sport, reflects poorly on you.
You inferring that nascar is racist isn’t nice either.

You inferring that nascar is racist isn’t nice either.
I've been a huge NASCAR fan for 30 years. Never said NASCAR itself is racist. There are plenty of racists amongst the fans and amongst the lowest local levels of racing that Bubba had to climb through. There's no denying that it has firm southern roots and not all parties involved have always been welcoming to black drivers. I haven't seen anything come from Bubba that was way out of left field, although he can be a little over dramatic at times, so I don't get why anyone reasonable would take a shot at him. He's also a huge Vol fan that doesn't hesitate to publicly support the Vols.

I've been a huge NASCAR fan for 30 years. Never said NASCAR itself is racist. There are plenty of racists amongst the fans and amongst the lowest local levels of racing that Bubba had to climb through. There's no denying that it has firm southern roots and not all parties involved have always been welcoming to black drivers. I haven't seen anything come from Bubba that was way out of left field, although he can be a little over dramatic at times, so I don't get why anyone reasonable would take a shot at him. He's also a huge Vol fan that doesn't hesitate to publicly support the Vols.

I mean, calling a garage pull a "noose" was a bit much. I don't really follow NASCAR, but that made headlines.

I dont like bubba bc he always feels sorry for himself And seems to feel he deserving of stuff when he hasn’t done **** yet
the issue at tall edges was a joke also
Trying to make something out of nothing and feeling sorry for himself

I mean, calling a garage pull a "noose" was a bit much. I don't really follow NASCAR, but that made headlines.
To be fair, a crew member brought it to his attention and a lot of the other drivers felt it warranted a show of support. It also happened in Alabama. Bubba acted off of what was presented to him, although some political hacks tried to crucify him as some "woke celebrity" pulling a hoax like that idiot actor who faked that attack.

Reactions: BigSteve09
To be fair, a crew member brought it to his attention and a lot of the other drivers felt it warranted a show of support. It also happened in Alabama. Bubba acted off of what was presented to him, although some political hacks tried to crucify him as some "woke celebrity" pulling a hoax like that idiot actor who faked that attack.

No
It shouldn’t have ever happened
It was a pull cord
I’m still surprised he didn’t mistake a black four way lug wrench for a burnt cross that weekend

To be fair, reports came out that the garage pull had been like that for a couple of years. Bubba decided to overreact without proper investigation. He decided to assume the worst. I'm sure there are some racists in NASCAR, but not everything has a racist meaning. Assuming it does is lazy thinking. He overreacted in the moment.

No
It shouldn’t have ever happened
It was a pull cord
I’m still surprised he didn’t mistake a black four way lug wrench for a burnt cross that weekend
An FBI investigation literally said it was tied exactly like a noose. It so happened that it had been that way for months and wasn't directly aimed at him, but it was also in Alabama at the same time that NASCAR banned the confederate flag and a lot of racial tension was being stirred up in this country. A member of his crew found it and brought it to his attention along with NASCAR officials. Any reasonable person would understand why Bubba reacted the way he did.

Reactions: BigSteve09
You don't have a legit reason to take a shot at him like that...other than buying into a false political narrative against him. So yes...I think your post reflected poorly on you.
If you hadn’t gotten all up in your feelings….. you would have realized that it was a crack on ESPN and their woke agenda that is used to keep people divided…. Bubba is the only Tennessee fan that would fit under their woke divisive criteria….

Dude dropped the N word on a video about a year ago. Not really the optics UT and ESPN will probably go for. I would rather have Dobbs or someone like that representing.
That is utter 🦬💩...Wallen is no racist and everybody knows it.

We have got to stop letting the true racist divisive idiots ruin the world.

To be fair, reports came out that the garage pull had been like that for a couple of years. Bubba decided to overreact without proper investigation. He decided to assume the worst. I'm sure there are some racists in NASCAR, but not everything has a racist meaning. Assuming it does is lazy thinking. He overreacted in the moment.
There was a lot more going on in NASCAR and in our country related to racism and I think Bubba had every reason to think it might be intentional. As for him overreacting...what exactly did he do that was wrong? Did he go on television and start naming folks by name, calling them racists, and trying to ruin them? Did he kick a baby or something?

An FBI investigation literally said it was tied exactly like a noose. It so happened that it had been that way for months and wasn't directly aimed at him, but it was also in Alabama at the same time that NASCAR banned the confederate flag and a lot of racial tension was being stirred up in this country. A member of his crew found it and brought it to his attention along with NASCAR officials. Any reasonable person would understand why Bubba reacted the way he did.
I think any reasonable person would actually look into it before announcing it racism, but that's just me. I hate that people seem to believe racism should be the first thought for something so innocently explained.

If you hadn’t gotten all up in your feelings….. you would have realized that it was a crack on ESPN and their woke agenda that is used to keep people divided…. Bubba is the only Tennessee fan that would fit under their woke divisive criteria….
Like I said, you're buying into a false political narrative with all this woke stuff. That's your right...

There was a lot more going on in NASCAR and in our country related to racism and I think Bubba had every reason to think it might be intentional. As for him overreacting...what exactly did he do that was wrong? Did he go on television and start naming folks by name, calling them racists, and trying to ruin them? Did he kick a baby or something?
He assumed it was racism without even looking into it. I mean, it was a garage pull. It wasn't an actual noose. He could have simply asked someone about it in private. It didn't have to get publicized like it was.

A person or organization doesn't have to be called directly racist to be harmed. Just the insinuation in today's world can do the same amount of harm.

I think any reasonable person would actually look into it before announcing it racism, but that's just me. I hate that people seem to believe racism should be the first thought for something so innocently explained.

Like shapes in the clouds or Rorschach images, we find what we're wired to see. And like the same, it truly exists far less often than claimed.

I'm a black man and that situation was blown out of proportion. While I don't think anyone should use the word, you have to put it in context. A lot of people of all races (in this younger generation especially) use the word now very casually. Similar to saying buddy or homie. He was with his black friends, who obviously were not offended because they refer to him in the same manner. It was used with an (a) at the end,
not a (hard r). This was being said in a non-derogatory manner with his friends and it was caught by someone's home security camera or something. If he wasn't a celebrity, no one would have cared. That's just my 2 cents whether people agree with it or not.
Thank you! This is what we need more of.

Reactions: UTMVol76
Like I said, you're buying into a false political narrative with all this woke stuff. That's your right...
I'm not saying Bubba Wallace is "woke", but he could have refrained from jumping to unfounded conclusions. Did he ever even apologize for jumping to the wrong conclusion? He may have, I'm not sure, but if he did it definitely wasn't as publicized as the initial allegation.

It’s not a false narrative…. It’s why someone like Kaitlyn Jenner gets names woman of the year…. Racism is screamed everywhere…. Look at all the stories on the BYU racism….. Have you seen me retractions when it was proven to be false?

How did Bubba overreact? He didn't find the noose. He didn't see the noose except in a picture. Nascar is the one that called the FBI in. Bubba never really made a big deal out of it, Everyone else did. Bubba did say that the image they showed him was definitely a noose. He also said he was relieved to find out the investigation revealed the noose had been there for a while and wasn't directed at him. People are putting way too much of this stuff on Bubba when he was just caught up in the middle of all of it. He wasn't the one stirring the crap.

It's awe-inspiring how nose blind you are in how you cavalierly generalize and stereotype a group of people while playing the racist card.

I'm a black man and that situation was blown out of proportion. While I don't think anyone should use the word, you have to put it in context. A lot of people of all races (in this younger generation especially) use the word now very casually. Similar to saying buddy or homie. He was with his black friends, who obviously were not offended because they refer to him in the same manner. It was used with an (a) at the end,
not a (hard r). This was being said in a non-derogatory manner with his friends and it was caught by someone's home security camera or something. If he wasn't a celebrity, no one would have cared. That's just my 2 cents whether people agree with it or not.
Thank you….. appreciate it when common sense is used.

Is assuming that southern white people are racist because they are southern white people...racist?

Just fyi I don’t think he was with black friends. Don’t think he said it with any malice, just out of ignorance.

VN Store

Back