Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

They also have an app where you can report poop in the streets so others won't step in it. That's good right?

Well what do you expect them to do? Enforce laws that punish people for defecating on the sidewalk? I suppose you will want them to prosecute every little shoplifter, car jacker, and rapist next. Jeez.

The ONLY thing California has going for it is the incredibly diverse and spectacularly beautiful scenery.

Unless you are a freak/fruit/nut/anarchist/commie/bum...then it is heaven on earth.
I agree. They entire West cost is beautiful. But, I am very happy that I live in East Tennessee and not on the west Coast. I enjoy my visits there, but I could not live there. We have a number of people moving into our neighborhood from California and they are so impressed with East Tennessee they think they are in Heaven. I would not mind having a Summer place in New England, or in Northern Michigan, Wisconsin, Montana, or the Canadian Rockies.

Last edited:
I know there have been several discussions about the Yellowstone/Grand Tetons area in the past and I would definitely recommend it to anyone on the fence. We are on our way back now and it really is one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever seen. I even posted a street sign that everyone can follow. I was going to post more pictures but my family is in them and I don’t want to hear how I am obviously holding my wife against her will. Ha.
I'm glad y'all loved it. Greater Yellowstone is our favorite place on earth.

Reactions: hooter vol
I agree. They entire West cost is beautiful. But, I am very happy that I live in East Tennessee and not on the west Coast. I enjoy my visits there, but I could not live there. I would not mind having a Summer place in New England, or in Northern Michigan, Wisconsin, Montana, or the Canadian Rockies.

One thing I realized while visiting Cali twice last year is that there are a lot of people out there in the small towns and in the country that are just blue collar common sense folks like us...I feel sorry for them. The wackos in charge make their lives neay untenable.

The scientific metrics says those things don't matter. Gtfo with that nonsense.
breakingbad-science.gif

FCC is kind of neutered right now without a 5th commissioner, and Carr’s in the wrong party to get anything done.

Having said that, he’s not wrong. China has made a big push with tech to scrape data. Not that consumers really care.

What can China really gleam from tik tok videos? Not being sarcastic, Im actually wondering. Like people think Alexa is listening to them. If Alexa really wants to listen to me talk to my dog or cuss out our defense when I watching the game then hey, grab some popcorn Alexa.

Reactions: VOLSONLY and ACvol3
What can China really gleam from tik tok videos? Not being sarcastic, Im actually wondering. Like people think Alexa is listening to them. If Alexa really wants to listen to me talk to my dog or cuss out our defense when I watching the game then hey, grab some popcorn Alexa.

It’s not just the data you send through that particular product. It can be data you or others send over your WiFi network. Or if it’s an app on a device, the developer of the app can cull data from the device. Allows folks to build profiles - identify opportunities/vulnerabilities.

In the end, these entities wouldn’t be scraping massive amounts of data if there wasn’t any value or advantage in doing so.

I think the idea is that when you download Tik Tok to your phone it essentially siphons your data out in which the Chinese are using for god knows what purposes. What we do have is 20-25 years of proof that China doesn't have the best of intentions with intellectual properties of others.

It’s not just the data you send through that particular product. It can be data you or others send over your WiFi network. Or if it’s an app on a device, the developer of the app can cull data from the device. Allows folks to build profiles - identify opportunities/vulnerabilities.

In the end, these entities wouldn’t be scraping massive amounts of data if there wasn’t any value or advantage in doing so.

As long as they stay away from my browsing history...

I think the idea is that when you download Tik Tok to your phone it essentially siphons your data out in which the Chinese are using for god knows what purposes. What we do have is 20-25 years of proof that China doesn't have the best of intentions with intellectual properties of others.
I guess that's the thing. It's mostly the youths on the tik tok. What do they have data wise that's even valuable to China?

VN Store

Back