Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

Preston Williams ended up being good, but at Colorado State. Tuttle and Phillips didn’t do a whole lot at UT, but made the NFL as undrafted FAs, both became starters and good NFL players. Kirkland should have been a star, but was always hurt. Same for Chance Hall. Jack Jones and Khalil McKenzie never lived up to their ratings. Justin Martin was overrated. Kelly was great, but only had the one year as a starter. AK is AK. Venzell Boulware underperformed, then left. Taylor developed into a star.

There was some talent in that class, though. If they’d all performed to their ability while at UT, would’ve been a great class, but injuries and poor development/coaching seemed to hold them back.
Preston Williams was a great football player. He had the misfortune of having a very serious injury and it took him a couple of years to recover. I do not think he really ever fully recovered. I saw him play against the team my son coached and his team could not find any way to keep him under control. After his last game against my son's team, he came up to him and talked a few minutes about how lucky he felt being rerouted by Tennessee. I believe Tennessee gave up on him too soon in his recovery from the injury.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
But that’s just it. My belief is that my belief is the only way to eternal life, and that is what annoys people. I’m okay with you not accepting it. I am not okay with not being able to say what I believe. Which is what people that do not agree with it want to stop.
There are many good people who may not agree with what you say but are willing to die for your right to say it.

Appreciate the shout out, Orange; but, I have to ask...did I choose a feminine name or something? Does the ole SugarCC sound like a girl's name? It worked for Sugar Ray Robinson and Leonard!! What the hell?? Twice now, someone has called me a girl; both of you, part of the few posters I dont hate. If I were out of my mind, I would feel slighted, take it to TicToc or whatever, and quite possibly burn down a building.

View attachment 466035
😂

The knee-jerk reaction by some on this board to instantly discredit data / outcomes / facts that don't perfectly align with your worldview is really weird.

Say that West Tennessee is a wasteland of suck and watch them come at you.

The knee-jerk reaction by some on this board to instantly discredit data / outcomes / facts that don't perfectly align with your worldview is really weird.
Youre the one with knee and jerk reactions to someone disagreeing with you

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Sounds like a nice place to live.
news-cleavage.gif
Depends on the size of the place.

Youre the one with knee and jerk reactions to someone disagreeing with you

There is a way which seemeth right unto a man

You're not disagreeing with me, tho. You're disagreeing with research and polling and an entire field of science and countering it with... a quip about nazi germany? And for what? Because the entire country doesn't agree Tennessee is the greatest place to live? It's weird.

Its not like I haven't experienced it. Was born in Humboldt. Grew up there till 5th grade. Then came back after college and lived in Jackson. Had a job in McKenzie where I had to drive from there to Savannah and everywhere in between. Spent many nights in Memphis. I did my time there....and compared to everything east of Nashville...it unequivocally sucks. It's two separate states in my mind.

You're not disagreeing with me, tho. You're disagreeing with research and polling and an entire field of science and countering it with... a quip about nazi germany? And for what? Because the entire country doesn't agree Tennessee is the greatest place to live? It's weird.
Your absurdity is the reason
Lets take for instance if you held the opposing view that you now do, that qol social science studies are objectively true

Then your new individual view would be invalid because it oppsed a collective based, suposed objective truth

If your induvidual preference is now in a say 52 to 48 minority, your view could not be objectively valid

Which is absurd

I love that you love California, but if ten people agree and 3 do not it doesnt mean those 3 are wrong. Your defense of this stance stems from your worldview, a preference is not an objective truth

It is subject to an individual, not a collective

Your absurdity is the reason
Lets take for instance if you held the opposing view that you now do, that qol social science studies are objectively true

Then your new individual view would be invalid because it oppsed a collective based, suposed objective truth

If your induvidual preference is now in a say 52 to 48 minority, your view could not be objectively valid

Which is absurd

I love that you love California, but if ten people agree and 3 do not it doesnt mean those 3 are wrong. Your defense of this stance stems from your worldview, a preference is not an objective truth

It is subject to an individual, not a collective

this misses the mark, my dude. someone declared "tn has a higher quality of life than ca" as if it was universal fact. i pointed out that there's lots of research on that topic suggesting the opposite, but that was their preference and i had no intention of trying to change their mind. pointing out that someone's view is not universally held is not the same as telling them they are wrong. surely you understand this.

Reactions: Devo182
this misses the mark, my dude. someone declared "tn has a higher quality of life than ca" as if it was universal fact. i pointed out that there's lots of research on that topic suggesting the opposite, but that was their preference and i had no intention of trying to change their mind. pointing out that someone's view is not universally held is not the same as telling them they are wrong. surely you understand this.
U used a collective to butress your point which undermined your argument, if u said i prefer something different then the claim would be valid. , not what i claim is valid because more people hold my view

Reactions: InVOLuntary
U used a collective to butress your point which undermined your argument, if u said i prefer something different then the claim would be valid. , not what i claim is valid because more people hold my view

You’re not reading or comprehending something, and this is getting tiresome having to try to explain it over and over. Carry on.

VN Store

Back